BE THE FIRST TO PLAY STAR TREK : FUTURE TENSE!

30 Years after "Nemesis" The torch of adventure is about to be passed from the Next Generation to the New Generation on an all new Enterprise

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

phasertech
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by phasertech » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:49 am

I CAN'T WAIT MUCH LONGER!!!!!!!!!!! I'LL GO INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!
set a course for the battlefront. maximum warp.
(Captain Tom Bouwman of the USS Midway NCC-22213)

Vaurnut
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Vaurnut » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:37 pm

Relax. FT has been in production for years, a few weeks here and there to find out who gets to beta test it is no big deal. Also, even if Caps lock is cruise control for cool, you still need to steer. Remember kids, multiple exclamation marks are signs of insanity.
I wish I didnt have to do that. Why did I have to do that? - Sparks

phasertech
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by phasertech » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:55 am

didn't you notice what i said? i'm GOING insane!!!! I've BEEN waiting for future tense from the beginning! why must it torture me so?!?!

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!

Claydo
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Claydo » Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:52 pm

any news on a winner yet

SaiyaJin_Dale
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Location: Somewhere that couldnt exist but its right over there?

Post by SaiyaJin_Dale » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:31 pm

Vaurnut wrote:Relax. FT has been in production for years, a few weeks here and there to find out who gets to beta test it is no big deal. Also, even if Caps lock is cruise control for cool, you still need to steer. Remember kids, multiple exclamation marks are signs of insanity.
No offense, but a lot of people have been waiting for this awesome mod. I mean if some people are over anxious and going to bust waiting on it and wanna pop up exclamation points and caps that's their business. You shouldn't insult them and tell them that they're trying to be cool. Also not everyone on here is a kid, I'm 25 years old and a avid trekker. Can we please keep insults to a minimum?

phasertech
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by phasertech » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:20 am

thanks for the backup, saiyajin. let's all try to be patient with each other and NOT go off on oone another while waiting. it tends to make life 5 times less stressful than otherwise.

uss_shanker

Same ere

Post by uss_shanker » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:37 pm

same ere me n my cousin pal23 are bouth 25 we are both patient i dont see why anybody else shoudlnt be patient.

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:31 pm

Sorry for the delay, a few of the FT team are currently on holiday while the a few others are finishing their exams. Once these are out the way then we'll all sit down and vote on the ship destined to become the new Enterprise, and pick the runners up. I dont see it fair if the three of us who aren't affected by exams or holidays should decide while the others who have worked on the mod for years dont get a chance to voice themselves.

Ad'

phasertech
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by phasertech » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:59 am

okay, now that we know what's going on, it's easier to wait. tell the team good luck on exams and fun vacations! i wouldn't begrudge any of you guys that after all the time you've spent putting this amazing thing together!

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:17 pm

I will when I next see them online :)

I will say this though, in their absence the mod has still been growing and spoilers and images to accompany this will be shown in the very near future.

Ad'

uss_shanker

ok

Post by uss_shanker » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:06 pm

phantom im showing u my support i know a lot of people have got exam season now so we all understand if uv taken time off or ur team mates just some people on ere who cant be patient are very sad.but future tense from me is 100% thumbs up mod as i have seen the trailer's on youtube.

phasertech
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by phasertech » Thu May 01, 2008 7:54 am

just keep pluggin' away, man! if you need help getting anything ready for FT in the next few days, i'd be glad to help!

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Thu May 01, 2008 7:56 am

... any good at writing standard and special weapons? The Klingons are in desperate need of some specials lol

doci7
Ensign
Ensign

Post by doci7 » Thu May 01, 2008 8:06 am

Sorry to go off in a different direction, but I have to say... WOW!!! I just watched the trailer for FT and it is beyond anything I could have imagined, and anyone's description of how cool it is that I have ever read pales greatly in comparison to that sweet 1 minute 49 seconds!!! Reman thalaron morphing, actual phaser charge effect, and Voyager ablative armor that spontaneously appears??!!??!! Now you're just showing off!!!!!! I was even impressed by the intermittent titiles, given the fact that one of them said that their would be music by, among others, JERRY GOLDSMITH and HANS ZIMMER, who are two of the most geniusest people ever (for whatever reason, I've often thought of Trek when listening to soundtracks like Pirates of the Caribbean (particularly World's End) and what I have of The Last Samurai, and of course Jerry IS Star Trek music). Kinda sorry not to see John Williams, but I can see how that just wouldn't seem right. Anyhow, I was also wondering if someone could tell me what the name and source of the track accompanying the trailer is? I'd greatly like to add it to my collection.

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Thu May 01, 2008 8:09 am

Which trailer is it there are a few as they are usually created launched and a month before detailed its pushed back due to constraints bugs or developments, this time however were theres a bright light at the end of the tunnel and should be ready to launch inside the next six months :) potentially July time...