klingon special weopon idea

30 Years after "Nemesis" The torch of adventure is about to be passed from the Next Generation to the New Generation on an all new Enterprise

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

uss_shanker

klingon special weopon idea

Post by uss_shanker » Fri May 02, 2008 2:36 pm

hey there i was looking at your earlier topic for special weapons on klingon size erm why not advanced the klingon commando team to drain the sheilds more quickly Like the shield disrupter on the nebula class erm and the ion canon passing through sheilds and creating serious hull damage making the klingons more scary to fight :lol: erm also nacelle gas torpedeos wher gas is launched and fired directly at enemy sheilds causing it to drain super fast and kill all crew its kind of similar to the dangerous red nebula that drains ships sheilds and kills crew at great speed.

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Sat May 03, 2008 7:48 pm

The Nacelle weapon you describe is too similar to the Riker Manuvour weapon seen in Star Trek Insurrection that appears on the U.S.S. Titan, so I want to keep that one unique as its a hero related weapon. The others you describe are perhaps a possibility and I shall give them some thought into how to make and amend them.

Thanks for your input :)

Ad'

uss_shanker

ok

Post by uss_shanker » Sat May 03, 2008 10:47 pm

OK i never saw the uss_titan on insurrection il have to watch the movie again.

doci7
Ensign
Ensign

Post by doci7 » Sun May 04, 2008 1:04 am

What he means to say is that the Riker maneuver was invented by Riker, and because he is the captain of the Titan now, one would assume that, if given the chance, he'd use his signature move again, even if with a different ship. Plus, it's awesome that FT has the Titan and that someone had the idea of giving it the Riker maneuver as a special weapon!

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Sun May 04, 2008 6:52 am

Thank you Doci7

uss_shanker

Ok

Post by uss_shanker » Sun May 04, 2008 1:15 pm

yeh the riker manveuver thats the one that i was on about i new i had saw that somewhere just coudlnt remember where until i wacthed the movie again.

doci7
Ensign
Ensign

Post by doci7 » Sun May 04, 2008 10:05 pm

Don't mention it; I love to clarify things / make remarks about good ideas!

Star_Dragon_001
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Star_Dragon_001 » Mon May 05, 2008 9:53 am

Stupid/crazy/just plain nutty idea: Why not make something like a Hyper-Velocity Ion Cannon? The HVIC was a Dragonarian weapon in my Star Trek: Galaxy At War book. Basically, it's like a huge cannon that fires a Dilithium/Metal Slug encased in a beam of Ionized Energy. The good part is, It'll have the Sernaix Dreadnoughts running for cover, as it could destroy them in one to two hits. Bad part: the shields must be lowered to fire the weapon, leaving the ship you equip it to (Most likely the Maq'mIgh or Kron class, as they are the larger Klingon Ships) vulnerable to enemy fire.

BTW, is the Avatar-Uploader thing working now?

doci7
Ensign
Ensign

Post by doci7 » Mon May 05, 2008 1:27 pm

I wish I could say, but it never worked for me in the first place. Given that the same picture that I wanted to use as an avatar doesn't show up on some computers that I check this site on, it's probably just because I have some exporting problem. Someone who knows more than I do about the back-stage working of this site is going to have to comment on this one, if the person in question pleases. As for the weapon, and of course I have no say in what gets used, but my personal thought on it is that it might make a good hero-weapon or an interesting re-balance for the pre-existing Ion Cannon, but if it is just faster and harder-hitting then some might complain that it's too much like the original. Perhaps it could be less powerful but an area cannon and with a different sprite? That would probably be different enough. Just some thoughts.

Star_Dragon_001
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Star_Dragon_001 » Mon May 05, 2008 2:53 pm

Actually, that's essentially how i had the HVIC thought out. thnx for your opinion.

Story behind it is, during the Dragonarian-Kemorainian War (Before ST: GAW), the Dragonarians needed something that could destroy the Kemorainian Dreadnoughts or cripple them. This sparked the idea for the HVIC. It was put quickly into production and tested against a derelict Kemorainian Dreadnought. The weapon was a thundering success. However, the weapon needed a ship that was large enough to store it (As the HVIC, In the Dragonarians' universe, essentially a large cannon). This was what sparked the designs for the Class-II Dragonarian Warbird. Plans for the HVIC leaked out, and renegade Klingons somehow got ahold of them. Those Klingons tried to sell the designs, and were caught and the designs taken from them.

According to MY Star Trek stories that I'm Writing, instead of destroying what the Klingons called an "Alien weapon", they decided to use it for their own gain. the Klingons noticed from the start that it was capable of obliterating ships of great size. They had only begun to control it when the Klingons, Romulans, Federation, Remans, and Cardassians made first contact with the Dragonarians and Kemorainians(In ST: GAW Ch. 1)

wait... srry, i think I got off-topic... had to tell the story behind the HVIC. Seriously, what do you think of the HVIC?

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Tue May 06, 2008 6:55 pm

You see the Armada Klingon Ion Canon in the Movie (n obliterates the sernaix cruiser) there's been a lot of revisions to it. The NegVar's canon uses 2000 special energy and is as hot as a neutron star so it basically melts ships or shielding.

If you have a concept design for the 'Slug' and it's feasable to do so, then I could model it and give the Klingons a new terror weapon. This thing just eats the hull yeah?

The Draconians were replaced by the Sernaix by the way. Originally Future Tense was going to be Fed, Kling, Rom, Drac, but then the Sernaix were proposed to me and no background work was done on the Draconians at the time so the Sernaix got the go ahead as I wanted to incorporate lots of different Fan elements into Future Tense, regardless of obvious hense why Virtual Voyager, Odyssey, Helana Chronicles and Hidden Frontier, are in Future Tense :)

Ad'

uss_shanker

Ok

Post by uss_shanker » Tue May 06, 2008 9:29 pm

ok i was playing the battlestations mod and i notcied the planet making genises weaopon it also destroys everythink in its path.

doci7
Ensign
Ensign

Post by doci7 » Tue May 06, 2008 11:37 pm

It's good that the Ion Cannon is getting revamped. The other battleship weapons seemed so specialized in comparison to the Klingons just having what was essentially a "giant torpedo". I haven't seen the movie you're referring to, only a trailer that I commented on in a different post, in which you see the "muzzle" effect of the new Ion Cannon but not the weapon itself. I was wondering whether FT was going to have the I-Cannon remain a "slug" or go to beam form, as some other games have depicted it.

Also, it's kind of funny when you think about it, that something as hot as a neutron star has to be physically projected out of the front of a ship without causing any sort of damage to the emitting vessel. This may be impossible, or you may hate the idea, but what if the Ion Cannon actually caused a moderate amount of damage to the ship that fires it? Again, just a thought.

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Wed May 07, 2008 4:45 am

Theres a 35% chance it'll damage a random system :)

doci7
Ensign
Ensign

Post by doci7 » Wed May 07, 2008 12:21 pm

Sweet; a good measure for realism. Sorry to spout-out ideas you've already had.