klingon special weopon idea

30 Years after "Nemesis" The torch of adventure is about to be passed from the Next Generation to the New Generation on an all new Enterprise

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:10 pm

Hmmm... doable but doesn't sound very 'Klingon' to me...

Ad'

USS_Oblivion
Ensign
Ensign

Post by USS_Oblivion » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:14 pm

another one:

Klingon Ion Mine- could have 1 of two effects

1 Dropped by both scout ships and light cruisers, this mine both causes damage to the shields, as well as disabling then destroying a non-random system (chosen by the player)

2 Dropped by scout ships, this mine will adjust all affected ships' shield frequencies to klingon phasers and disruptors (In other words, klingon weapons goes through the shields, all other non klingon weapons still attack the shields)
Last edited by USS_Oblivion on Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

USS_Oblivion
Ensign
Ensign

Post by USS_Oblivion » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:17 pm

Phantom wrote:Hmmm... doable but doesn't sound very 'Klingon' to me...

Ad'
lol.... make it an ion tetryon gun?

USS_Oblivion
Ensign
Ensign

Post by USS_Oblivion » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:24 pm

found this online, not a weapon. but a ship (with armendments)

QaDtaH ‘Challenger’ Class Command Cruiser
In 2377 a new vessel left the Chin’toka systems automated fleet yards. These advanced fleetyards themselves were captured from the Dominion in 2374. Shortly after this, a number of pre designed prototype hulls were laid.

Length : 986.33 metres
Beam : 758.62 metres
Height : 264.72 metres
Mass : 4,132,544 Tonnes
Crew : 1,000,
500 Fighter, Bomber and Shuttle Pilots. This vessel also has a compliment of 3,000 Elite Black Dagger shock troops barracked in three 1,000-man barracks.
Performance : Warp 9.8
Armaments include :

8 x Quantum Torpedo Launchers, 6 forward firing, 4 aft firing.
2 x 8 barrelled mini-torpedo Gatling guns. (Concealed under retractable hull panels, within the forward tactical saucer)
12 x automated Heavy Pulse Disruptor Turrets, Each with a pair of cannons, that’s six ventral and six dorsal mounted turrets.
4 x Dorsal mounted Tri-cobalt missile launchers; these also retract under panels within the hull. 12 x Pulse-Phaser cannons strategically placed for maximum area coverage, each of these has been paired with a heavy Disruptor battery. It also has a pair of Iso-kinetic cannons, and a type of heat-ray known as a Thermo-Decimators. Giving this vessel a formidable array of armaments to suit almost any eventuality.

Found From: http://www.sb410.net/klingon_ships.htm

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:12 pm

The federation have a weapon to similar really

USS_Oblivion
Ensign
Ensign

Post by USS_Oblivion » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:35 pm

OMFG WHERE IS THE ANIBIS GUY! PHANTOM AS WE KNOW AND LOVE HIM IS GONE!!!!!!! REPLACED BY THIS, THIS..... FURRY ANIMATED CAT-THING. (And as a side note, you don't like any of my suggestions?)

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:08 am

Thats the first thing i've read today that made me laugh lol. Ratchet's awesome lol.

N i've got a few of your mentioned ideas on paper as theres a few mentioned so far that sound plausable, just a few that don't sound very klingonie

Ad'

uss_shanker

Post by uss_shanker » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:41 pm

oh yeh i was wondering if u had anythought of the cloaked torpdeo bomb

SaiyaJin_Dale
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Location: Somewhere that couldnt exist but its right over there?

Post by SaiyaJin_Dale » Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:55 pm

uss_shanker wrote:oh yeh i was wondering if u had anythought of the cloaked torpdeo bomb
BC has that, a cloaked Torpedo, though it's a cloaked mine that moves like a torpedo only when the ships moving. Kinda weird I guess... Would be good to go along with a cloaked ship kinda like on ST6 Lol :D Cloaked Ships, cloaked torpedos, now all we need are cloaked phasers :P

USS_Oblivion
Ensign
Ensign

Post by USS_Oblivion » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:15 pm

well, what you could do phantom is use them in other races. But what about that klingon ship? The giant one i posted. I've noticed that the Federation has WAAAAY more ship classes than any other race.

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:29 pm

Thats the idea,

The Federation's strength, is via numbers and unit speciality. IE a science ship is less likely to suffer hostile environment from a gaseous anomaly than a battle crusier would, in similar fashion, an assault ship would make for great scout or fleet support as they have high speed and manuvourability, yes their firepower is a little restrictive but they make great first class assault ships.

Each Federation class has their own pros and cons, all Federation ships solus are quite restrictive, but multiply them and they become a force to be reckoned with if you have the correct selection.

As for the Klingon ship, unfortunatly all the units have been selected and sorted and we aren't inputting new units into the fleets at this time.

Ad'

doci7
Ensign
Ensign

Post by doci7 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:59 pm

A cool summation of the Federation's unique tactical flavor, but I had to laugh when I read that science ships are less affected by stellar anomalies when in all of the series it's always the science ships that are found derelict by that sort of thing. It's ironic that way.

USS_Oblivion
Ensign
Ensign

Post by USS_Oblivion » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:48 pm

doci7 wrote:A cool summation of the Federation's unique tactical flavor, but I had to laugh when I read that science ships are less affected by stellar anomalies when in all of the series it's always the science ships that are found derelict by that sort of thing. It's ironic that way.
Hmmmmm... Phantom. This is Ironic....

Ok, anyways. Oh wait, lol i was thinking corbomites deflector. By the way, do you want just normal special weapons, or are you good with SUPER-destroying weapons too?

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:53 pm

Okay bad example my bad lol.

There are a varience in specials, you have:

Beneficial
This can be something that benefits your fleet, such as a special energy restoration weapon.

Defence
This can be anything that can boost the defence rate of your fleet, such as an emergency shield generator

Offence
This is obvious, a weapon designed to inflict damage to enemy units such as a cronoton torpedo

Assault
This is a special that is high powered or forms rapid weapons such as a Quantum Torpedo Strike

High-Yield
Weapons that use a lot of energy, but do devestating damage, an example could be a transphasic torpedo

Super Weapon
This is a weapon that will cause wide spread damage such as a temporal distortion wave that'll revert all life in the area to single celled organisms,

Ultimate Weapon
These weapons will destroy anything and everything within range. Prime example would be the Torpedo in Generations, hit a star with it and you'll have to use your warp drive to escape a very strong shockwave!

Ad'

USS_Oblivion
Ensign
Ensign

Post by USS_Oblivion » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:26 pm

ok, then what about a defensive weapon. Here: One of your small ships emit a SHP: Shield Harmonics Pulse(name), and all klingon shields in range combine shields. as in all ships have 1 shield between them all, but the combines strength of all the shields, like a giant bubble shild, if one ship goes out of range, it gains its own shields back but the group loses that shield strength. :twisted: [/i]

(as a side note will the scimitar have the super weapon from NEMISIS)