klingon special weopon idea

30 Years after "Nemesis" The torch of adventure is about to be passed from the Next Generation to the New Generation on an all new Enterprise

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:09 pm

Hmmm...

Sorta like what Voyager does to the Equinox to protect it from fishers?

I could see that working.

... And yes the Scimitar has the Thaleron Canon

Ad'

USS_Oblivion
Ensign
Ensign

Post by USS_Oblivion » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:22 pm

this sound klingon to me, but i dont know if youd use it. Disruptor overload: fires a Overloaded(4x normal dmg or something) disruptor at all ships within range, friend or foe, but then destroys the weapons systems that then have to be fixed. reminds me of a klingon dying for his honor, thats why it seems to be klingon-ish to me

USS_Oblivion
Ensign
Ensign

Post by USS_Oblivion » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:47 pm

what century is the USS premonition from, and will it be included in FT or FTII

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:26 pm

Interesting concept, and the Premonition isn't in Future Tense or Future Tense II

Ad'

USS_Oblivion
Ensign
Ensign

Post by USS_Oblivion » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:42 am

Heres something else: Ion Pulse : Sends a pulse of ionized gas to all ships in range, disabling all systems (except Life Support) and shields, then splits the crew members of the attacking vessel onto the disabled ships, making the attacking ship a derilect, but capturing several ships in the process
:twisted:
Another: Cargo Transporter: Either transports all dilithium from the target mining ship :) or if it doesnt have dilithium on it (eg Battle Cruiser), transports the enemy crew into space, scattering thier patterns. 8O

PS
What about the Premonition as map specific ship. (Eg Show the battle the Premonition went through just before it came to Picard.)

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:42 am

Was that in 2409?

doci7
Ensign
Ensign

Post by doci7 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:25 pm

Is it even possible to disable all systems with one weapon? If so, such a weapon would be better placed under Breen control, although the crew-swap idea is cool and I think it stands to reason that such a weapon could be in use by Klingons. Thing is though, you'd have to make it so that each captured ship gets only 5 crewmen so that you couldn't just recapture the ship that used the weapon. Otherwise it would be pointless to derelict it in the first place, in my opinion.

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:39 pm

Im looking into developing the Breen disabling weapon Doci, and there is a way of doing it, I'm just looking into how the 'electric' static effect that encompasses the ship can be done.

I've noticed you have tried to contact me on MSN a couple of times, I've been at work. I'm off tomorrow as I have a hospital check up from 11am-2pm but im at home outside those times as Im not working. I recomend u log onto MSN whenever you connect to the internet, that way I can contact or leave a message as I need to chat to you privately about several things.

Adam,

doci7
Ensign
Ensign

Post by doci7 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:15 pm

Cool, the static zappy effect! How thorough of you! Ironically enough, I have a hospital appointment tomorrow too; I can get online probably no earlier than 4, but come to think of it we're probably in different time zones, so I'll have to figure out when that is for you.

EDIT: Ok, as I understand it, it will be 9 PM for you when I can get to my computer (I'm five hours behind you apparently).

USS_Oblivion
Ensign
Ensign

Post by USS_Oblivion » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:03 pm

Phantom wrote:Was that in 2409?
what do yuo mean, and are they ideas?

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:21 am

As in was the premonition commissioned in 2409? That's when Future Tense starts. Besides I hate the premonition looks like a mangled sovereign

Ad'

uss_shanker

Post by uss_shanker » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:11 am

have to agree with phantom they should have made the premonition look more futuristic then a mangy soverign class upgrade design. If you did have the premonition in future tense i think id change it to a different ship.

USS_Oblivion
Ensign
Ensign

Post by USS_Oblivion » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:30 pm

USS Premonition (NX-80189)

The USS Premonition was constructed in the year 2382, during an alternate timeline in which the Borg succeeded in invading and assimilating the majority of Starfleet, the Federation, the Klingon Empire, and the Romulan Empire. It was under the command of Captain Thaddius Deming.

The Premonition was originally conceived as a temporal research vessel, and served as a testbed for the advanced temporal drive research being done at the top secret Manheim Temporal Research Facility. However, with the Borg invasion and the assimilation of several key planets including Vulcan, Bajor, Qo'noS, and Earth, the remnants of Starfleet turned the ship into a full scale battleship. The Premonition was launched in 2382, and immediately used its temporal drive to travel back to the year 2376, two days before the start of the Borg invasion of the Alpha Quadrant.

In one timeline, the Borg managed to assimilate Earth, despite the interference of the Premonition. However, the ship used its temporal vortex generator to send the USS Enterprise-E back in time to stop the Borg shortly before its destruction.

Thanks to the assistance of the Premonition and the Enterprise-E, Starfleet was eventually able to stop the Borg from conquering the Federation and further altering the timeline in favor of the Federation. Following the Borg withdrawal, the Premonition returned to the future and its status is unknown.

doci7
Ensign
Ensign

Post by doci7 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:38 pm

It wouldn't be much of a Premonition at all in the literal sense of the word if it was commissioned at the same time as the game. Suffice it to say, they wouldn't know anything we don't and there'd be no point in having it in the game. On the flip side, the design it self may not be the most inspired one of all time, but I thought the Temporal Module was sort of endearing somehow.

USS_Oblivion
Ensign
Ensign

Post by USS_Oblivion » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:43 pm

[quote="USS_Oblivion"]USS Premonition (NX-80189)

Thanks to the assistance of the Premonition and the Enterprise-E, Starfleet was eventually able to stop the Borg from conquering the Federation and further altering the timeline in favor of the Federation. Following the Borg withdrawal, the Premonition returned to the future and its status is unknown.[/quote]

U know, it could appear in FT because it came before FT and its status is unknown :)