klingon special weopon idea

30 Years after "Nemesis" The torch of adventure is about to be passed from the Next Generation to the New Generation on an all new Enterprise

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:44 pm

lol.

May develop the concept of the blackhole transformer some to fit a more romulan need, I think the station should have a cloak :)

Ad'

uss_shanker

Concerning Data

Post by uss_shanker » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:43 am

to all those who are concerned about commander Data he is dead and has been replaced by his twin brother who was originaly lore in the tng epidsodes data is dead.

uss_shanker

Post by uss_shanker » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:44 am

Also i think deep space nine should have the corbomite reflector making it an even more powerful station.

cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:40 pm

Shanker stop double posting go read the rules before i get tired and ban you

SaiyaJin_Dale
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Location: Somewhere that couldnt exist but its right over there?

Post by SaiyaJin_Dale » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:44 pm

Double posting is bad mmmmmmkay, also the bit about data, etc's off topic again. Now something that's on Topic, for a Klingon super weapon, now we have to think, Klingons spend tons and tons of resources on military, to fight, to kill etc. Now for a super weapon, Klingons just love power. What better super weapon would there be better than a Slow moving mobile weapon right? Something with powerful shields, takes ages to charge a shot, and can blast at a radius of 360 degrees? How about a Future Tense Version of the Klingon Super Weapon from Star Trek Armada? Instead of orange like it was, have it a Klingon Green and slightly larger.

uss_shanker

apology but am i being bullied ere?

Post by uss_shanker » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:56 pm

sory but i forgot to press the edit button

USS_Oblivion
Ensign
Ensign

Post by USS_Oblivion » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:59 pm

I like Sha's Idea, but if it took forever to move, could absorb a lot of hit points, could a Nebula-class just disable the shields and destroy it?

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:52 pm

Nothing in Future Tense is invincible unless a selected special weapon is applied. The only things that'd grant invincibility which only lasts around 10 seconds so far in game are the shield remodulation and shield remodulation waves, endgame armor, multi-vector assault mode and the death chant

Adam,

USS_Oblivion
Ensign
Ensign

Post by USS_Oblivion » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:34 pm

SaiyaJin_Dale wrote: BC has that, a cloaked Torpedo, though it's a cloaked mine that moves like a torpedo only when the ships moving. Kinda weird I guess... Would be good to go along with a cloaked ship kinda like on ST6 Lol :D Cloaked Ships, cloaked torpedos, now all we need are cloaked phasers :P
Um, this gave me an interesting idea, Cloaked disruptors... They couldnt see then unless they had a scout ship or sensor station nearby, that way someone could use klingons and the person getting attacked wouldnt even know unless they could see cloak.

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:16 pm

cloaks in Future Tense work differently, sensors cant detect them - period. In order to find a cloaked vessel you have to manually fire weapons at locations based on attack patterns and sensor distortions.

Ad'

hms_custody
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by hms_custody » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:54 am

phantom they have copied my idea isnt that like copying a thread? its shankers idea and my idea but they both seem to have copied it.

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:12 am

This is a brainstorming and development thread :) so ideas can be suggested, twisted and developed as people see fit and then if they strike as doable, not over the top, and something they'd use then i'll write it for Future Tense or develop for an alternate race like the weapon now being fitted to the Romulans :)

Ad'

USS_Oblivion
Ensign
Ensign

Post by USS_Oblivion » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:53 pm

wait, well be able to manually fire wepons, and i mean phasers, and torpedos, and how is that going to affect the ships, as manually firing wouldnt hit the shields.?

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:56 pm

Cloaked ships don't have any shields. Your weapons would have to puncture their armor plates, or use a weapon to trigger their cloak to malfunction.

Some ships are armed with specialized anti-cloak weaponry

EG:
Phaser Strike (Federation Battleships)
Antilepton Shockwave (Vindicator, Nebula III, Ronin)
Antilepton Pulse (Raptor Refit, Shrike)
Temporal Distortion Field (Nebula III, Independence)
Proton Torpedo (NX)
Photon Torpedo Modulation (Constitution, Excelsior, Galaxy)
Photon Simulation (Excelsior, Reman Bird of Prey)
Disruptor Spread (D'Deredex Adv. Noxerian)
Tacyon Field Disruptor (Baq, Qo'Nos, Neg'Var, Nebula I)
Weapon Sync. Overload (Galaxy Refit)

There are a couple more I cant think of them off my head. Those listed above will either enable you to target open space and flush out cloaked vessels, fire every weapon on the ship into open space revealing hull impacts, or intefear with the cloaking device forcing the ship to decloak.

Adds an entirely new level of strategy to the game I find :)

Ad'

USS_Oblivion
Ensign
Ensign

Post by USS_Oblivion » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:32 pm

well, what is the wepon i suggested called?, or are you not gonna use it. Its the nacell anti-warp weapon.