Star Trek Future Tense Staff Opening Apply within *Spoilers*

30 Years after "Nemesis" The torch of adventure is about to be passed from the Next Generation to the New Generation on an all new Enterprise

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Star Trek Future Tense Staff Opening Apply within *Spoilers*

Post by Phantom » Wed May 14, 2008 4:38 pm

We are currently opening new positions for new staff in the final stages of Future Tenses development. What we need are as follows:

Map Editor/Creators that can create maps to specific settings and create mission maps as well as edit the Armada Missions with the new Future Tense mapping system.

Required: 5 Maps of varying designs, no limit to races et au, just something to display you're creative flare

Voice Artists: Future Tenses movie is getting a major overhaul and is being transfered into a higher quality, and is being compressed better and extended to show off the special weapons and all races (they weren't created at the time the old one was shot) so voice artists or vocal extractrors are now required.

Required: Voice Artist:
We need a Captain for the Enterprise-F. Someone fresh and new.
Klingon Voices for 4 units, 2 Battle, 1 Scout and 1 Heavy Artillery
Romulan Voices for 2 units, 1 stealth cruiser, 1 assault ship

Required: Vocal Extractors
Vocal extractors are used to extract voices from whatever mediums to fill in Armada criterias. This roll will advance over to Future Tense II if you wish as well, and is basically capturing voices from whatever, be it games, tv, movies. As long as it isn't too obvious (IE if you hit repair, it doesnt reply "I'll be back" or something. The role also extends to the Future Tense revised movie too so scripts can be supplied also and the worker would have to find a voice to extract and fit the bill (or voice over themselves if they can create crystal clear sound, and can act)

Sounds for hero units are also required:
USS Challenger, Geordi LaForge, we have timeless caps, but we need 'older' sounding LaForge sounds to fill the rest of the events
USS Enterprise, New voice, no preferences at this point
USS Defiant, Need Captain Nog sounds for all events
Valdore, we have Nemesis sounds but extracts from other films the Valdore captain has been in would be good to fill the sound blocks
We also need a misc sounding Klingon voice with strong authority behind it for the new chancellor of the Empire

Special Weapon Engineers: Able to create a fleet of special weapons, no limit to imagination on these, we need Klingon, Romulan, Reman, Cardassian, Ferengi, Tholian and Breen weaponry for Future Tense. Sernaix and the Federation are done bar the odd one or two, and the Borg are restricted to Canon weapons only at this point. You can combo up any weapons you wish as long as it suits the race. Pending on the advancement level of your creations we'll advance you further with the unused code to create more eyecandy arsenals. We are currently very interested in various mine based weapons, at the moment we have a minefield, antimatter, subspace, gravity, sensor jammer and a barrage.

Unit Designers: Following the recent success with the competition, I'm looking for new and interesting designs to follow ship linage for some of Future Tenses' lesser known units (IE the NPCs), I have made a few but am not confident of the results so I'd like some input from the outside, winning designer will obviously have their design made and put into Future Tense.

Required: Breen Destroyer
Required: Breen Battlecruiser
Required: Breen Starbase
Required: Breen Turret
Required: Breen Shipyard
Required: Cardassian Space Port
Required: Cardassian Cruiser
Required: Cardassian Destroyer
Required: Cardassian Battlecruiser
Required: Cardassian Construction Vessel
Required: Cardassian Freighter
Required: Cardassian Mining Facility
Required: Cardassian Repair/Shipyard
Required: Deep Space Nine Refit
Required: Dominion Bug Refit
Required: Dominion Battlecruiser
Required: Ferengi Scavenger Vessel
Required: Ferengi Trading Station
Required: Ferengi Trade Vessel
Required: Ferengi Transport Vessel
Required: Tholian Web Spinner
Required: Tholian Terror Destroyer
Required: Tholian Starbase
Required: Species 8472 BioShip Redesign

Model Makers: Able to help the construction crew build the units listed above. All the above are NPCs or Mission Related Items, and the list is a spoilers too. If the designers above can build complex 3D models INSIDE 2000 polies (All FT models are between 1000-2000 polies - bar the heroes which go up to 2500) then instant qualifier. Basically what I'm after is another talanted set of hands (or two) that can build that list above. Texturing isn't a major issue (see post 6) as I aim to get a small staff to model and a small staff to texture, both is an advantage.

Required: 3 Self Designs or Designs from others (remember to credit) displaying a detailed mesh (no texture unless you want to apply for post 5 and 6) in a restriction of 2000 polies.

Mesh Texturers are needed to texture models, or help enhance current textures. There are a few Romulan units such as the new Kerchan that still are bare naked! Can you believe it - still can't quite tell if its a boy or a girl though - where do you look in such things but back to serious issues, I want the models listed and indeed other models in FT at present to be put on a conveyor belt, that have a small group model, a small group texture then the pros at FT here with indepth 3DS skills to rig them with the new FT hardpointing systems that will see holes blown into them, new sprites, flash new damage effects and borg nodes.

Those after an update on Future Tense, I'd estimate if I can hit target with the above, then Future Tense will hit a Fall-08 Launch Date. At present we have lost a few FT members due to personal reasons which has lead me to a public call out, and a slight drop in production. Production continues however, but at a greatly slower rate as we have temporarly lost 3/6 members so help is required to get back on track :)

Beta Access will be granted if the selected candidates are deemed to require it as a test bed or earn my trust to play/test it. In the past when I have done this beta is granted and the person releases content without authorization, (eg, all the old reman files on filenetwork forums) or they are never heard from again. As such, the Beta is now on a unrelated server under password and access file lock down (IE it has a file in there that'll crash to desktop upon installation) to prevent further breaches of security.

In regards to the latest outcry of the Enterprise-G results, if I haven't heard from the missing Future Tense members by the end of MAY then those remaining will cast their votes, or we may have a public poll, depends if we end up with tiebreakers or can't decide on a design as they are all very worthy of being created.

Any queries post, any interest post, or contact me on MSN Messenger: adamkitchin@hotmail.com or email to the normal yahoo! address adamkitchin2001 at yahoo.com replacing " at " with a "@" obviously as hot-spam-mail isn't used for emailing and I haven't checked it in over 2 years so don't send there lol.

Best of luck,

Adam.

doci7
Ensign
Ensign

Post by doci7 » Wed May 14, 2008 11:47 pm

Okay, I know I asked this before and chickened-out, but your posting of need for Breen units I find irresistible. Thanks oodles and oodles for including them, by the way. I will make some models for your consideration, should you choose to consider them. But if I can contribute something to Breen-ness, then I've definitely got to try!

By the way, so I know for sure, by battlecruiser you mean something around the size of an Akira (a heavy cruiser, ya know) or some other size class? 'Battlecruiser' is one of those ship classes that gets thrown around so much that sometimes you can't be sure what people mean anymore.

Zman
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Zman » Thu May 15, 2008 1:33 am

I can only do regular skirmish/multi maps. Paths arn't my friend lol but, im sure I can come up with some interesting creations.

Would I need to be sent any new FT map files(moons/planets/nebs/suns...ect) to do this or what? Would stock A1 stuff do the job? Just curious.
My Games:
NR2K3(750+ tracks;5000+ cars)
ST:BC(latest KM-custom) ST:Legacy(custom)
ST:Armada(custom) ST:Armada2(custom)
ST:FO(latest version)
SW:EAW(custom) SW:FOC(custom)
TF2: Name - 086gf

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Thu May 15, 2008 6:32 am

Stock Map units for now, I just wanna see what can be done creative wise, if you want to create your own backgrounds or map items you can do, we havent gone into map mass units yet like planets so its all stock at the moment. Aside from the moons everything is stock atm.

As for the Breeniness - Is that a word lol I don't mind but in my minds eye, a Battleship should be able to give a Galaxy Class a run for it's money as for size I honestly do not mind im just after designs as I cant draw their ship linnage for anything lol. The Breen appear in afew maps and I guess could be commandeer to your fleet(s) aswell if you're lucky enough to get one or two

Ad'

doci7
Ensign
Ensign

Post by doci7 » Thu May 15, 2008 1:08 pm

Cool, I'm already started on what promises to be a very big Breen ship. I've got to go to work soon, so I don't really have time to upload any pictures, but I think it shows potential. I have a fairly good idea for a destroyer design already too, but it may prove very difficult to actually make. And yeah, Breeniness is about the farthest thing from a real word.

Zman
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Zman » Thu May 15, 2008 2:01 pm

Phantom wrote:Stock Map units for now, I just wanna see what can be done creative wise, if you want to create your own backgrounds or map items you can do, we havent gone into map mass units yet like planets so its all stock at the moment. Aside from the moons everything is stock atm.
Alright, I should have atleast one done by Saturday.

EDIT: Send you the map or post screenies?
My Games:

doci7
Ensign
Ensign

Post by doci7 » Thu May 15, 2008 11:07 pm

Okay, it may be too early for me to need this information, but while I'm thinking about it, you told me that you wanted the battleship to be of comparable strength to a Galaxy-class. Are the Galaxy's stats the same as they were in the original Armada (same shield strength, recharge rate, and firepower)?

Additionally, here are a couple of pictures of the first model I'd like you to consider, for the Battleship.

I added a glow and some "hole" shadows in the torpedo tubes in Photoshop so you could get an easier idea of what each feature represents. The thing is a little under 3000 polys I'm sorry to say, but I used extrude about as much as humanly possible, I think. Hope you like what you see. If not, I'll just have to try again.

uss_shanker

Ok

Post by uss_shanker » Fri May 16, 2008 2:21 am

ok i can do the voices for the federation if your interested besides it be nice if an indian voice would b there.

kurn
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by kurn » Fri May 16, 2008 7:24 pm

well for my own purpose i was making a tholian race for the mod but if you like the models i can send them to you i dont exactly have many done and alot are other peoples i havent really been able to make any of my own yet.

Bensen
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Bensen » Sat May 17, 2008 1:24 pm

Heyn

I offer asist as an voice artist. Send me a PM please.

greedings
Bensen :D

Zman
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Zman » Sat May 17, 2008 2:23 pm

Zman wrote:Alright, I should have atleast one done by Saturday.

EDIT: Send you the map or post screenies?
Scratch that, expect the first Monday.
My Games:

snoopy444
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by snoopy444 » Sat May 17, 2008 8:19 pm

I would like to assist by making a Dominion Battlecruiser.

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Sun May 18, 2008 4:25 pm

No worries, send samples to:

adamkitchin2001@yahoo.com

:)

Ad'

doci7
Ensign
Ensign

Post by doci7 » Sun May 18, 2008 7:13 pm

You want me to do the same thing? I was hoping for some feedback on the model I posted (be it positive or negative).

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Mon May 19, 2008 2:52 pm

the model looks superb, I'm just a little concerned with the poly count as most models dont exceed 1900 as the FT mainframe of heiracy will enable holes and scorches and things, plus borg nodes so you'll be looking at additional faces. Is there anyway you could perhaps build it within say a 2200 limit?

Ad'