Concerned about Stability

30 Years after "Nemesis" The torch of adventure is about to be passed from the Next Generation to the New Generation on an all new Enterprise

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Do you think that Future Tense will have better ship handling than in other MODS?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 8

USS_Oblivion
Ensign
Ensign

Concerned about Stability

Post by USS_Oblivion » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:24 pm

Can you assure me that unlike in other mods, the ships you make will have smooth handling unlike some other mods I have played. I really enjoy original armada designs because they dont swerve left to right when in a fleet. I can get almost no-where with a fleet of capital ships in a tight space (Like the map: Simply Boxes) I also enjoy putting turrets around the wormholes (Who doesn't) but when I complete that, the moded ships cant go over or under as in armada. Please PM me about this so my fears are laid to rest. Thanks

-USS_Oblivion

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:41 pm

Thought I already answered this?

All Future Tense units have unique physics files so they'll move differently from each other. A Defiant Class for example can almost fly on her side and fight and weave in and out of close quarters, while a Noxerian can turn sharply and fly at varying angles of attack.

The smaller the ship the more manuverable it is, the larger the ship, the clumsier it is at impulse speeds.

Warp Factors range pending the strength of the Warp Core on the ships. An Intrepid for example travels at Warp 9.975, whereas a Borg Cube will travel in Transwarp which can be almost instantanous depending on the size of the map and the destination you set it to go to.

As for proximity, the units can get so close to each other, that any more would enable them to collide. Unless you have something like a Ginsu Class then Ramming Speed comes as standard :D

Ad'

USS_Oblivion
Ensign
Ensign

Post by USS_Oblivion » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:55 pm

ok, thank you