Some questons for Phantom bout Future Tense

30 Years after "Nemesis" The torch of adventure is about to be passed from the Next Generation to the New Generation on an all new Enterprise

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Which of the original Armada races do you Prefer?

Federation
83%
Klingon
No votes
Romulan
No votes
Reman
No votes
Borg
17%

Total votes: 6

USS_Oblivion
Ensign
Ensign

Some questons for Phantom bout Future Tense

Post by USS_Oblivion » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:19 pm

Question 1: Will the announced max speeds be accurate for known star trek vessles? (Eg Voyager goes warp 9.9 {No known starfleet vessles are capable of going transwarp})

Question 2: How do you overcome the 4 race max limit put into armada? I've tried to add races, but they either dont work, or screwup armada so i have to re-install it.

Question 3: Are your races comparable in strength/Balaced (Eg Borg usually win in normal armada)

Question 4: What is the Sernaix's Background?

Question 5: Will the borg have to capture technology to use it, or do they have an assimilation beam like Armada II?
Last edited by USS_Oblivion on Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dell
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Dell » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:46 pm

say do you really need to start a new topic for all of your questions?
+ most (read: at least 4 of them to my knowledge) of them has been answered in the past.

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Re: Some questons for Phantom bout Future Tense

Post by Phantom » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:16 pm

Question 1: Will the announced max speeds be accurate for known star trek vessles? (Eg Voyager goes warp 9.9 {No known starfleet vessles are capable of going transwarp})

Yes, Intrepids go at 9.975 that of normal speed when at warp whereas a Galaxy goes at 9.6 NX at 5.1. Other raced units are balanced out aswell and of course the Borg have Transwarp along with the NCC-74656-A

Question 2: How do you overcome the 4 race max limit put into armada? I've tried to add races, but they either dont work, or screwup armada so i have to re-install it.

Wait till the release

Question 3: Are your races comparable in strength/Balaced (Eg Borg usually win in normal armada)

Each race has different strengths and weaknesses prompting different strategies:

Federation:
STRENGTH: Strong in numbers, diverse level of classes and types
WEAKNESS: Weak on their own, some units clumsy at impulse speeds

Romulan:
STRENGTH: Stealth and Cunning
WEAKNESS: Relies too much on the Cloak and hunt in small groups

Reman:
STRENGTH: Thaleron Radiation
WEAKNESS: Limited class types and rarely leave Reman Territory

Sernaix:
STRENGTH: High Yield beams can destroy anything on impact
WEAKNESS: Suseptable to all forms of bio-weaponry

Klingon:
STRENGTH: Fight to the Death, Heavy firepower
WEAKNESS: Ships and warriors are expensive since the Sernaix invasion

Borg:
STRENGTH: Ability to Assimilate and Adapt to enemy weapons
WEAKNESS: Once the queen is killed, all base units self destruct

Question 4: What is the Sernaix's Background?

Sernaix comes from Virtual Voyager Season 8 and 9 and adapted to fit into a Futuristic universe. In Future Tense, they come from the outskirts of the Andromedia Galaxy (Currently being explored by the USS ODYSSEY (See www.hiddenfronter.com for details). The Sernaix have invaded Andromeda and have slaughtered every living thing and have now set their sights on the Milky Way. Nothing is known about them as any ship that comes into range is destroyed or irrepably damaged...

Question 5: Will the borg have to capture technology to use it, or do they have an assimilation beam like Armada II?

The Borg gain technology or adapt to technology through assimilation. An example is when you assimilate say an advanced Intrepid Class. You can build an assimilation plant that'll allow the Borg to penetrate Intrepid Armor, and gain the ability to use Transphasic Torpedoes. Another ability is if you assimilate something with a cloaking device, Borg Sensor stations will adapt and detect any and all cloaked units belonging to that particular race. If the assimilation node is destroyed however, then the Borg lose the adapted ability

Ad'

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:18 pm

on a side note, please stop posting non-related polls in Future Tense forums. Those sort of polls go into General Modding as original Armada isn't anything to do with Future Tense ;)

Ad'

Claydo
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Claydo » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:54 pm

errrr one minor errror with the statement "No known starfleet vessles are capable of going transwarp" is that didnt tom parris break transwarp in a fed shuttle

S618-18741
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by S618-18741 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:43 am

For information on the virtual voyager seasons please see http://vv8.jetc.org/

plus Adam your hidden frontier link is wrong, this is the correct one: http://www.hiddenfrontier.com/

USS_Oblivion
Ensign
Ensign

Post by USS_Oblivion » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:30 pm

Thanx Admin.

doci7
Ensign
Ensign

Post by doci7 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:38 pm

Whoa, an EPISODE can be removed from canon?

USS_Oblivion
Ensign
Ensign

nother question (Again)

Post by USS_Oblivion » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:08 pm

hey admin, I had a desturbing thought last night. You know how in other MODS when ships have more than 1 phaser/disruptor/missile/any more than 1 weapon, the excess firepower will be pumped into derilect ships (If Present)? I hate it when that happens because then I can't capture it because it was destroyed. Is future tense gonna work like that too?

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:23 am

The way the armada units are set when derlict is that they will fire anything alien to their own team number. I looked at it a few years ago when I started looking into maps and found a few things that'd help, obviously when we start making the maps and mission maps, then we'll look into it further :) we'll keep you posted

Ad'

USS_Oblivion
Ensign
Ensign

Post by USS_Oblivion » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:34 pm

ty ty ty, cuz i dont like the way it kills those big borg ships that i try to capture :)