A few more questions for Phantom- If he doesn't Mind

30 Years after "Nemesis" The torch of adventure is about to be passed from the Next Generation to the New Generation on an all new Enterprise

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Favorite Armada MOD

Poll ended at Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:23 am

Crossover
33%
SW vs ST
33%
X-treme
No votes
Other
33%

Total votes: 3

USS_Oblivion
Ensign
Ensign

A few more questions for Phantom- If he doesn't Mind

Post by USS_Oblivion » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:23 am

Question 1: Will the ships be realistic in design (Galaxy-Class Vessles can do a saucer-seperate, and Voyager's nacelles go 45 degrees up before going warp)?

Question 2: How does the Romulan Philosophy compare to the Reman, and why are fighting?

Question 3: Will the shields work the same, or have you split them up into 6 segments?

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:41 pm

FINAL WARNING Stop creating general polls for every post, another instance will involve in a bannishment

Question 1: Will the ships be realistic in design (Galaxy-Class Vessles can do a saucer-seperate, and Voyager's nacelles go 45 degrees up before going warp)?

The USS Challenger can seperate, its the only galaxy that can as its a hero, the Intrepids nacelles don't move as it caused too many bugs.

Question 2: How does the Romulan Philosophy compare to the Reman, and why are fighting?

Remans are fighting for their independence from the Romulan Empire

Question 3: Will the shields work the same, or have you split them up into 6 segments?

Shields to what? The Scimitar? It has 6 shield generators so you have to kill the shields 6 times to hit the hull....

Ad'

Zman
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Zman » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:02 pm

Phantom wrote:Question 3: Will the shields work the same, or have you split them up into 6 segments?

Shields to what? The Scimitar? It has 6 shield generators so you have to kill the shields 6 times to hit the hull....

Ad'
I think that was a general question as in EVERYTHING having 6 shields.
My Games:
NR2K3(750+ tracks;5000+ cars)
ST:BC(latest KM-custom) ST:Legacy(custom)
ST:Armada(custom) ST:Armada2(custom)
ST:FO(latest version)
SW:EAW(custom) SW:FOC(custom)
TF2: Name - 086gf

doci7
Ensign
Ensign

Post by doci7 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:04 pm

"52 disruptor banks... 27 photon torpedo bays... primary, secondary... trimary, quadrary, uh, five-ary and six-ary sheilds!"

That's a lot of shields! I think what he meant though was if each ship had directional shielding (aft shields, dorsal shields, you know.)

EDIT: Whoa, strange coincidence, Zman posted as I was writing my post.

Claydo
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Claydo » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:24 am

ok how on earth do you add more shield generators

uss_shanker

Post by uss_shanker » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:14 pm

phantom i think uss_oblivion is a jerk and u should banish him id be annoyed with all them questions in fact i wouldnt answer any at all id be busy making the mod.

SaiyaJin_Dale
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Location: Somewhere that couldnt exist but its right over there?

Post by SaiyaJin_Dale » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:51 pm

I have a question, after when FT is released, is possible if say someone who's a great modder can convert some of the ships to BC format also? Add like the right HP's, Blinkers and all that? Cause some of these ships like the Enterprise F I wanna use in BC to whup some Borg and Dominion ships.

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:06 pm

Adding additional shield generators is easy if you know the right things to enter into the ODF. I don't see the point of showing off ventral, dorsal, starboard shields, there is no way Armada could handle that really. Some ships have the ability to reroute power to shields via special weapons, IE you can reroute special energy and convert the amount into shield energy (Some of the Federation Nebulas and many Romulan ships will have this ability) but thats fine with me.

Ad'

uss_shanker

Post by uss_shanker » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:56 am

By the way phantom theres a rmour goin around that if u make a mod for a game u cud b offered a job in the gamin industry i think uss_oblivion cud b that person im not sure but its just a rumour.

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:37 pm

If it were true, the user wouldnt be breaking forum rules ;)

uss_shanker

Post by uss_shanker » Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:53 pm

i suppose but id be seriously annoyed if i had to answer all them questions.

USS_Oblivion
Ensign
Ensign

Post by USS_Oblivion » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:06 pm

sorry about the postings phantom, i gtg and re read the rules.

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:11 pm

ur posts are fine, its where you add a poll into every post that is unrelated? you dont have to start a thread with a poll ;) polls are used for opinions, Future Tense polls are allowed on these forums, general polls like whats better STvsSW or Battlefields would be posted in the General Modding forum ;)

USS_Oblivion
Ensign
Ensign

Post by USS_Oblivion » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:12 pm

ok, and ty