The Courageuous Class

30 Years after "Nemesis" The torch of adventure is about to be passed from the Next Generation to the New Generation on an all new Enterprise

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

SaiyaJin_Dale
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Location: Somewhere that couldnt exist but its right over there?

The Courageuous Class

Post by SaiyaJin_Dale » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:10 pm

I found the ship on BC-Files and was wondering if anyone could help me get the Titan Registry and stuff all over her? Cause I don't have the font and what not to do it. Thanks (Also if this is in a bad area you can reroute it to the correct parts of the forum Adam)

(Edit)

Oh yeah, here it is, in it's all BC Glory:

Zman
Ensign
Ensign

Re: The Courageuous Class

Post by Zman » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:29 pm

Here are the fonts. Scroll down till you see the link.

http://bc-central.com/forums/index.php?topic=3533.60

How to do registeries is in here somewhere.

http://bc-central.com/forums/index.php?board=44.0

And yes this is in a very wrong section lol.
My Games:
NR2K3(750+ tracks;5000+ cars)
ST:BC(latest KM-custom) ST:Legacy(custom)
ST:Armada(custom) ST:Armada2(custom)
ST:FO(latest version)
SW:EAW(custom) SW:FOC(custom)
TF2: Name - 086gf

SaiyaJin_Dale
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by SaiyaJin_Dale » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:35 pm

Well you know, I thought since it was a future tense ship I could sneak away with posting it here. lol i've played around with the ship and it's awesome. I can't wait to see a group of these taking on some Sernaix vessels. Thanks btw.

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:43 pm

The Courageous is related to Future Tense as its the NX-78501 or whatever the Titan registration is, cant remember off the top of my head. Posting, whats better STvsSW or Battlefields in a poll on the FT boards is what is pissing me off...

The Font I used just shows up in my font directory as "BAD" and has the outline around round edged text :)

Ad'

SaiyaJin_Dale
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by SaiyaJin_Dale » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:55 am

Sweet, thanks Phantom. I'm an super addicted star trek game player so getting this ship setup in another game to try it out is like a teaser for FT. lol using one ship is fine in a game but having a fleet of these ships is going to rock.

SaiyaJin_Dale
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by SaiyaJin_Dale » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:09 pm

I have a small question, is the Enterprise's Registry NX-1701 F or is it NCC-1701 F, cause if the ship was one of the First Enterprise Ships of that class then it'd be NX Right? Cause I am downloading the NX-Enterprise G Study for BC and they have the ship.

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:28 pm

It's registry is NCC-1701-F. I was going to originally make it NX-1701-F but figured that'd confuse things, and starfleet changed only the last letter else the Enterprise-E would have been an NX as aside from the films, no other Sovereign classes are mentioned in any series so its logical to assume that the Enterprise-E is the first of her class. That's my theory anyway :P

Ad'

doci7
Ensign
Ensign

Post by doci7 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:46 pm

You know, after the Titan book series released their winning design for the Titan, I was surprised (pleasantly) that FT didn't recreate it. Don't get me wrong, that design was nice, but it wasn't on the same level of sweetness as the one for Future Tense.

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:08 pm

I'm still two-minds about the Luna Class. A few 'Nemesis' style Luna class models have appeared that'd fit Future Tense quite nicely. But then The Courageous was selected before the Titan series came to be. Before I found the Courageous I think it was a Arrigent Class which was basically an Excelsior/Galaxy model. Courageous still gets my vote as it still points toward a very possible link to the more slim lined ships seen in Future Shock Episodes of Trek (Such as the USS Relativity)

Ad'

SaiyaJin_Dale
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by SaiyaJin_Dale » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:55 pm

Yeah I love the Courageous Class ship, it does look like something Riker would Command. The Luna class looks like a bunch of Federation Ships DNA had a child lol, looks aweful.

Cliff
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Courageous Class

Post by Cliff » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:52 pm

If you're looking for this ship for A2, it's in the Borg Incursion: Vital Response mod on the A2 Filefront Site. The files you'll need from it are as follows

TGA Files C1_glow, C2_glow, C3_glow, C4_glow, C5_glow, C6_glow
SOD File fcourag.sod
ODF File fcourag
Bitmap file fcourag

Just keep in mind that you may have to rewrite some of the odf if you use different weapons files.

On a side note I'm waiting for the FT mod as well, and not just for the Courageous Class but also the Moscow Class and wish I could download it from somewhere. Plus, anything that's taken this long to make should certainly be worth the download. Keep up the good work Phantom and crew.

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:09 pm

The Moscow's nice lol. Nicer than she was with the revised texture maps anyhow as she was a bit bland on her undercarriage. Were experiencing heavy AI compatibility errors with the Borg Unicomplex and refit systems but aside from that everythings coming together very nicely :)

The only major difference with the Borg Incursions MOD and Future Tense MOD in terms of the model itself is involved. Future Tense's model features the new FT Node functions like battledamage beacons, lights, et au and the onbvious registration of U.S.S. Titan lol. And it runs on Armada 1, dunno if the BI version does or not as I haven't looked at her.

Ad'

SaiyaJin_Dale
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by SaiyaJin_Dale » Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:32 am

Battle Damage on BC is all hard coded into KM 1.0 using SDK, so when ships take damage it's up to you if you want damage to show up on the hardpointed model or not. Same with the ship exploding when it blows up, cause it can blow up into several pieces or a dozen small ones. Just matters how much time you wanna put into it. The only thing that determines if a ship can go into BC is if the ships Model is in the .nif format, which is the format BC runs at. Though converting it is easy using 3DS Max. So after conversion the textures wont have to be enhanced, ect unless they're not high resolution textures. I would love to have the Moscow Class in BC :P