The Borg have Assimilated the bugs and are in full force!

30 Years after "Nemesis" The torch of adventure is about to be passed from the Next Generation to the New Generation on an all new Enterprise

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

USS_Oblivion
Ensign
Ensign

Post by USS_Oblivion » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:44 am

boy, sounds like fun. I guess its gonna be a fleet of NX-01's ill be building. Also, what if we travel in fleets? Even if its minimal, the borg should consider a fleet something to be wary about.

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:16 pm

Depends on whether the Borg view you as a collective threat or not, they'll be more likely to attack the larger races or outposts near their boarders and expand outwards assimilating or destroying everything in their path

Ad'

hms_custody
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by hms_custody » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:51 pm

i bet the queens diamond takes ages to build is there any hint on what kind of special weopons it holds.

USS_Oblivion
Ensign
Ensign

Post by USS_Oblivion » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:59 pm

so, they will attack the biggest base or the smallest base first? I mean, i would split it up, because i can't give the big base anough power to kill me, nor can I leave the little ones alone or they WILL get big. So, whats the borg gonna do, concentrate on the biggest threat, or think long-term?

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:28 pm

Diamond's armed with:

1. Transwarp Velocity,
2. Adaptive Shielding,
3. Borg Hail,
4. Assimilated Tech (1)
5. Assimilated Tech (2)
6. Holding Beam

Takes about 20 Seconds to build one with a cost of 1000, you need to create a queen clone to be able to build the queen's central chamber which then grants access to the Diamond Deployment :)

The Borg will simply attack anything they view as a threat or a danger to the Collective. Were' still experimenting with the AI but they will attack whatever is nearest the Complex and go outwards unless a high threat level unit is in the area be it a station or star ship :)

Ad'

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:53 am

All ships have it.

Its merely "We are the Borg,..." and causes weapon delay times on enemy vessels and drains them of some of their special energy so its basically a fear weapon to some extent :)

Ad'

USS_Oblivion
Ensign
Ensign

Post by USS_Oblivion » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:25 pm

does it say it (we are the Borg), PLEASE tell me it says it?

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:21 pm

There are 3 Varants,

You have the bog standard
"We are the Borg you will be assimilated, Resistance is Futile" which will fear attack 1 vessel

you have the advanced:
"We are the Borg, you're biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own Resistance Is Futile" which will fear attack a fleet of up to 6 units

then you have the Queen's one where she says
"We are the Borg, You will serve the collective as Drones, Resistance is Futile" which will fear attack a fleet of up to 8 ships which will also reduce all enemy vessel's special energy reserve to 0 and inflict a repair ratio alteration on enemy units

The files are rigged so that all can hear :) and no you'll be fighting the Borg, haven't made it do a map placement highlight work though unfortunately (where the red radar circle thing flashes on the map at the point of origin)

The Queen is a little more aggressive in Future Tense. If you tell her something she doesn't agree with, she'll tell you that you have forgotten what it means to be a drone, and if shes under fire she'll tell you off. If you perform well she commends you, saying stuff like "I hope the assimilation was rewarding for you", pretty neat :)

Ad'

Dell
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Dell » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:31 am

-drools over the idea-

USS_Oblivion
Ensign
Ensign

Post by USS_Oblivion » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:35 pm

mmmmmmmm, Drool. Me like borg queen (even if she isn't something to look at) :D 8O

hms_custody
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

wat would be good for the borg

Post by hms_custody » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:35 pm

you know what would be good for the borg and making it harder for each race 4 very large borg cubes stuck together with a diamond in the middle containing 5 different special weopons i think the borg will be a good challange in future tense 1 if not in future tense 2. by the way can u send me the link to future tense website. (slightly of topic ere) iv also got the hang of making my own constitution class starship but its guna b a complete resdesign it will be added in my topec federation and klingon ship design. im only stuck on the texture part after adding colours.

USS_Oblivion
Ensign
Ensign

Re: wat would be good for the borg

Post by USS_Oblivion » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:47 pm

[quote="hms_custody"]you know what would be good for the borg and making it harder for each race 4 very large borg cubes stuck together with a diamond in the middle containing 5 different special weopons i think the borg will be a good challange in future tense 1 if not in future tense 2.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lol. I like the borg, and it would be cool to see a 4-cube diamond, if thats even possible.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And, i would like the FT website to be updated so that we know whats going on.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, in response to HMS comment, it reminds me of a song.... (Adam's just removed it for intent to prevent an arguement) :D

SaiyaJin_Dale
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Location: Somewhere that couldnt exist but its right over there?

Post by SaiyaJin_Dale » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:50 pm

4-Cubed Diamond? I wonder what that would look like.

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:44 am

If its in trek then its in tense. You wouldnt be able to see the diamond if there are 4 cubes around it

Fusion Cubes aren't canon so dont exist in Future Tense

hms_custody
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Well

Post by hms_custody » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:40 pm

the diamond doesnt have to be innit something else can 4 cubes will be a solid challange.