Nebulas Arise...

30 Years after "Nemesis" The torch of adventure is about to be passed from the Next Generation to the New Generation on an all new Enterprise

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Nebulas Arise...

Post by Phantom » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:44 pm

Heres the revised 'Science Mode' Nebula.

Future Tense has Nebula Classes customizable to fit whichever tasks are needed of them. Science Mode will obviously be a lot more all-round whereas the 'Attack Mode' will be a lot more aggressive and look like a mobile gunship with hull plating. The Support Mode are bulkier and have dense hull armor and armed with various long-range weapons and support craft(s)

:) Other battle modes for the Nebulas will be posted once I'm happy with the mesh and texture revisions :)

Ad'

Zman
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Zman » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:52 pm

The deflector colors are a bit odd but still thats one awesome looking ship.
My Games:
NR2K3(750+ tracks;5000+ cars)
ST:BC(latest KM-custom) ST:Legacy(custom)
ST:Armada(custom) ST:Armada2(custom)
ST:FO(latest version)
SW:EAW(custom) SW:FOC(custom)
TF2: Name - 086gf

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:13 pm

You select in the drydock what Nebula Mode you desire. If you want you can build all three at the same time or focus on one type and have the yards manufacture that battle mode. The three nebulas are 'physically' different. The Defence one is very, very bulky which means she's slow but can pack a wallop, the Offence one is very lean and is a basic gun ship. As stated the 'Science' Mode which is built off the Farragut style seen in Star Trek Generations and later destroyed after Way of a Warrior by the Klingons, is an all round multi-purpose Nebula Class vessel featuring state-of-the-art tech and is very well rounded vessel :)

Ad'

SaiyaJin_Dale
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Location: Somewhere that couldnt exist but its right over there?

Post by SaiyaJin_Dale » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:52 pm

I like the Nebula, only thing that gets me is the purple.

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:18 pm

The Nebula's Deflector is the same of that of a galaxy, its just the blue glows a little 'heavy' lol. In some angles its great, but others it looks a little strange I guess

SaiyaJin_Dale
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Location: Somewhere that couldnt exist but its right over there?

Post by SaiyaJin_Dale » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:20 pm

After Release, can you send me a .nif version if possible for conversion if permissions are acceptable.

USS_Oblivion
Ensign
Ensign

Post by USS_Oblivion » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:42 pm

nice work, I can't wait.

WarrenG12
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by WarrenG12 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:17 pm

Since Adam's computer is rebelling against at the moment, i get the honor of posting the next nebula model, Defense Mode:

USS_Oblivion
Ensign
Ensign

Post by USS_Oblivion » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:52 pm

nice, though it vaguely reminds me of a romuan ship. Any guesses why?

Darklight
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Darklight » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:11 am

Love them both, looking forward to seeing the Offensive Mode one.

I was wondering if you plan to have this type of in-depth detail for the other races fleets? Perhaps in a later patch?
Armada 1 and 2 Player!
Star Trek Future Tense Armada 1 Mod team is BACK!
Why don't emoji and text formatting doesn't work in Signatures?

Dell
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Dell » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:44 am

FT is supposed to be released as 1 working version without bugs.
So the answer would be no.

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:00 am

Sernaix have a similar mode select when you create enough power to open a singularity to their space. Their ships are varied and cost significantly less at 10% it's original cost. The wormhole they create allows you to build variants similar to the nebula, but unlike the nebula class you can only have 1 building at any one time. With the nebulas, you can have all three building at once.

The Romulans also have a similar variant with their refit systems. If you have reman support, you can update Romulan Vessels with Reman technology and strengths. This isn't a physical detail though, you basically get hardened vessels with stronger weapons as its suggested in DS9 and Nemesis that the Remans are the backbone of the Romulan Fleet.

As stated, Future Tense will release without the need for patches or updated. 'Fan-made' edits released will be unauthorized and any bugs you recieve as a result will not result in the Future Tense team helping you repair it. I'm also in talks with both AFC staff and have mentioned to A2Files not to allow Future Tense Patches to be hosted on their filefront servers.

Obviously if you create a ship that uses say Quantum Bursts using the Future Tense ODFs as a template as different. I mean say adding a Gold Enterprise-F and developing the Dominion into a full race rather than map pack units will be recieved with a denial upload. More information will be posted in the Future Tense Read Mes and Terms of Useage attached to the final product.

At present I'm going over every Federation Unit with a balancing toothcomb and beta test edits. Should take till the end of October to get everything balanced, set and bug free with all models 'damageable' of which the Ginsu and Intrepid look great when they have half of them missing :D lol.

Screenshots will follow shortly once I'm happy with their development.

Back to the directed topic,

I've spent the past fortnight designing up the Attack Mode Nebula, (the Science is a redress of the original, the Defence has a new stardrive) the Attack Mode will be a new model entirely and will be a canabalized Nebula. You'll still see the Nebula linnage in it's design, but you wont wanna mess with her at all. The main thing i'm trying to do at the moment is grid-graph the high detail points to ensure that I can build her within my 2000 poly targets though she may hit 2500 like the Scimitar and Nemesis station. We'll see. I just wish my scanner was working as I'd show you all but I guarentee it's gonna be one hell of a mean looking machine :D

Ad'

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:35 pm

Science Mode is the first picture posted, Defence is the second, the Attack Mode will follow when she's built :)

hms_custody
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

GROOVY

Post by hms_custody » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:49 pm

woh them ships look sick

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:03 pm

I don't see any evidence of either Science or Defence Nebulas suffering from any illness....

You'll have to explain...

Anyhow here at long last is the final 'Attack' Mode Nebula

:D

She's armed with the teeth with over 15 Phaser Strips, six quad torpedo Launchers and a particle canon strapped to her lower hull. Two Navigational Deflector Arrays, the Primary (seen on the Saucer) and the Secondary which is hard wired into the paricle canon (seen on the Stardrive)

Armed with the teeth and ready to blow s--- up :D lol

Ad'