FT status (How's it going?)

30 Years after "Nemesis" The torch of adventure is about to be passed from the Next Generation to the New Generation on an all new Enterprise

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

MrVulcan
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral

Post by MrVulcan » Mon May 11, 2009 8:44 pm

We'll see about that rommie ship. I haven't seen the movie yet so can't say, but Phantom has seen it and is already itching to build a few of the ships :P. So you might just see one or two appear as special map units.

Zman
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Zman » Tue May 12, 2009 2:25 am

He's talking about the pre-borgified version of the Narada thats in Countdown. And how is that even a spoiler anyways? That makes no sense lol.
My Games:
NR2K3(750+ tracks;5000+ cars)
ST:BC(latest KM-custom) ST:Legacy(custom)
ST:Armada(custom) ST:Armada2(custom)
ST:FO(latest version)
SW:EAW(custom) SW:FOC(custom)
TF2: Name - 086gf

Chip
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Chip » Tue May 12, 2009 1:46 pm

Fallengraces wrote:When...where? this is all pre TOS ships in that movie...well for the main ships...Are you talking about the Romie ship?
That's why I called it a spoiler.
No idea what Countdown is, and didn't know the Narada (is that it's name?) was borgified. They just mentioned in the film that it was a mining ship and figured I'd mention it in case others missed the reference.

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Fri May 15, 2009 10:55 am

Future Tense will encourporate elements of 'Star Trek' into it but will remain in the Roddenbury canon rather than the Abrams canon. Ill let ur minds wonder as to what ships will appear lol. Also because AFC's security settings blocks my network IP, check out the new future tense forums on Star-trek-mods.com

trekmanalpha
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

not to put a damper...

Post by trekmanalpha » Thu May 28, 2009 3:27 am

Its RoddenbErry. not burry.

MrVulcan

Post by MrVulcan » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:56 pm

Updates for those who wait :)

Think all Federation units have been showcased at some point, but its been a while since Adam or I posted any screenies. So I'll give you a sneak peek at the re-coded Romulan Fleet. The First two are beauty shots taken in Storm, but the ships will only look better in game. I just don't have the latest Beta to test them on at the moment. The last screenie is the Refit Galaxy class firing off antimatter charges as seen in TNG, only this time you'd want to stay out of their range ;) Enjoy

The Ael'Hatham Class. The star in the background is from the Fleet Command space package, which will likely be included in FT.

Foreground: V'Netta Class Heavy Dreadnought
Right: D'Deridex Class Warbird
Left: A Medium Destroyer or Cruiser, part of the "rare" set of ships. Not decided on its name yet

Refit Galaxy Class Firing the Antimatter Spreads

SFox
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by SFox » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:04 pm

The screneshots look awsome.

I do have a question though.
I read, Can't remember where it was though, that you guys have been having trouble with the multi-vector assault mode. It was something like the intergration of the ship that was the problem, or something like that... Have you been able to fix that problem yet?

MrVulcan

Post by MrVulcan » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:26 pm

I keep meaning to respond here, but then I keep forgetting. lol

Armada 1 doesn't provide any means of implementing integration of multiple ships into one. This would be much much simpler in Armada 2 with the fusion code. Unfortunately, MVAM just can't be done in a straight forward manner in A1.

That said, MVAM will be included in FT, albeit the functionality will be somewhat different from what people might expect. Not to worry, we only include material that is 100% bug-free and benefits the gameblay.

Keep an eye out for new screenshots. The Sernaix fleet is about half way through recoding for new damage effects and texture animations.

Also, we now have a working black hole weapon for the Romulans :) Screenies coming up once the textures are sorted.

Star_Dragon_001
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Star_Dragon_001 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:26 am

That Rommie ship on the left looks like that Firehawk from the Alternate Universe B mod in SFC3.

Could I possibly suggest its name be... Jek'ari? or Rizarri? I have an affinity for (aside from dragons) making creative names.

MrVulcan

Post by MrVulcan » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:59 pm

Hmm.. Rizarri class. Sounds like a name for an Italian sports car. lol :P But we'll consider it.

Star_Dragon_001
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Star_Dragon_001 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:27 pm

*rotflmao* Good one... Italian soprts car... LOL!

But I think you should know, "Rizarri" is Dragonarian for "Razor," while "Jek'ari" is Dragonarian for "Warrior."

Khayman
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Khayman » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:29 pm

Everyone says that "The longer you wait, the better it'll be".

FT will be like paradise, in game form, then.

I've been following FT, waiting for it's release, for years now.

Every time that I check in on it's progress it just looks better and better.

You guys are doing an incredible job, and I can't wait for the release.

SFox
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by SFox » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:39 pm

I have been waiting for years for this mod to come out, and it looks awsome each time I check on the progress.
Hopefully it will be as good as the screenshots show.
Which reminds me, does anyone have an idea on how big the mod will be, and what the delivery of the mod will be? (EG torrent, direct download... that kind of thing?)

MrVulcan

Post by MrVulcan » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:16 pm

Thanks all for the support :) We're still working despite it appearing otherwise.

The FT download will be quite large. I don't have a complete zip with all the FT files so I couldn't tell you how large exactly. It would certainly be at least 500mb. We were thinking of provifing a torrent, but that was some time ago and there might now be a place to host files of that size. There will also be separate set of downloads for people with slower connections.

Abigkidatheart
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Abigkidatheart » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:32 pm

Are we there yet Mommy?!
If at first you dont succeed... Blame your parents