Is there any way....

30 Years after "Nemesis" The torch of adventure is about to be passed from the Next Generation to the New Generation on an all new Enterprise

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

weyoun782
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Is there any way....

Post by weyoun782 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:06 am

I can get my hands on some of the models from this mod? I was hoping that this mod would of been released, and I have no clue as to the status, but I would like to be able to obtain at least some of the models that real soooooooooo awesome, rather than not being used at all.

Please, anyone part of the team, respond to my inquiry, I would be so grateful.

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:10 pm

I can agree with you, I would like to get my hands on the Sernaix from the Future Tense Mod and add them to my Dominion Alliance or to even make them their own race. With this Spanning The Generations idea that I have come up with and combined the Son'a, Dominion/Breen with the Cardassians to form the Dominion Alliance has actually opened up some space for two new races but one has already been filed by the Hirogen/No Race Race (some ships that I have cut out from some races are still getting used here). Either way when it comes to Future Tense, I agree with you I would also love to get my hands on some of those mods as I said the Sernaix for sure.

I think though that the person that came up with the idea for the mod doesn't want the mod being used for parts in any other mod and is only creating it for Armada I not II. A personal install could easily get the mods though and I have had good success with some Armada I mods working in Armada II, especially those by Pepperman for A1.

I would actually have the same request for the many not released StarGate Units for those Total Conversion Mods that haven't even been finished or seen the light of day. No one can't say they aren't game ready because I have seen screen shots with them in the game, but has my request on that been answered by anyone... NO. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I hope you can have better luck with Future Tense but I already tried sometime ago and the answer was no then. :( :cry:

MrVulcan
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral

Post by MrVulcan » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:40 pm

Don't worry guys, the mod is still in production, albeit quietly. Most of the progress has been in the details, and not too much eye candy.

I hope you're not waiting for FT so that you can pull apart all the models lol :P

There's only a few of us working on the mod, and everyone is also very busy with other parts of life. Having said that, I will try to put together a few screenies and a proper status update tomorrow.

Right now, I have to do a little surgery on my machine.... the hard drive is starting to make funny sounds. Think I ought to replace that before it goes.

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:26 am

MrVulcan wrote:Don't worry guys, the mod is still in production, albeit quietly. Most of the progress has been in the details, and not too much eye candy.

I hope you're not waiting for FT so that you can pull apart all the models lol :P

There's only a few of us working on the mod, and everyone is also very busy with other parts of life. Having said that, I will try to put together a few screenies and a proper status update tomorrow.

Right now, I have to do a little surgery on my machine.... the hard drive is starting to make funny sounds. Think I ought to replace that before it goes.
***First good idea to take care of your hard drive, I have a fan that doesn't work and have recently found out that Toshiba's love to fall victim to overheating. I now have four checker pieces underneath it actually elevating it up to prevent it from automatically shutting down.***

I'm actually looking for a combination of both when it comes to the Future Tense Mod but I have been afraid that it was out of production like the StarGate Total Conversions that I really want so I can create a complete Total Conversion.

weyoun782
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by weyoun782 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:21 pm

MrVulcan wrote:Don't worry guys, the mod is still in production, albeit quietly. Most of the progress has been in the details, and not too much eye candy.

I'm not looking to rip apart the mod for models. I just don't know the status of the mod. if it wasn't gonna be release I would like to of seen the models in person at the very least. but glad to hear it's still on at least, I like to see A1 mods are still being made.

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:13 am

I was wondering if there is a time table for when the mod will be released.
Later this year or next, or longer it doens't matter. Its the only mod for my Armada I game. I already plan on having to copy my A1 file so I have the mod and its campaigns and also still have the original game. I actually already created the copy for this mod :)

MrVulcan

Post by MrVulcan » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:27 pm

Can't really give you a timeline... we tried doing that a few times, and the timeline just got screwed over. But things are looking pretty sweet right now.

btw, more screenies posted.

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:33 pm

MrVulcan wrote:Can't really give you a timeline... we tried doing that a few times, and the timeline just got screwed over. But things are looking pretty sweet right now.

btw, more screenies posted.
Ok, I can live with that. Its good to see that the mod is still being worked on and the screen shots are great too!

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:34 am

Sernaix would require re-exporting without providing all the new sprite files at present time. The MOD is coming on. Playable units from what I can tell are all made, all it needs are map and NPC units done and then coding the special weapons (Any help would be hot) :)

Oh we also need a decent TOS/STXI 1701 model to put in - lost my original file and havent the time atm to restart :/ Any ideas?

Adam,

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:57 pm

Phantom wrote:Sernaix would require re-exporting without providing all the new sprite files at present time. The MOD is coming on. Playable units from what I can tell are all made, all it needs are map and NPC units done and then coding the special weapons (Any help would be hot) :)

Oh we also need a decent TOS/STXI 1701 model to put in - lost my original file and havent the time atm to restart :/ Any ideas?

Adam,
I'm not sure what you mean by that the Sernaix would require re-exporting? Is that something to do with SODs? Or is that because there are other Sprite file entries needed for them? Does that mean for Armada I and Armada II.

For a decent Constitution-class-Alternate Reality version, I found one at Armada2files. http://armada2.filefront.com/file/Star_ ... ise;118201. Is that the type of ship you are after? Or are you looking for a Prime Universe Constitution-class?

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:32 am

jetnova. If Phantom is using unique sprites from the models then they will need re-conversion to remove them and replace them with regular sprites.

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:48 am

MajorPayne wrote:jetnova. If Phantom is using unique sprites from the models then they will need re-conversion to remove them and replace them with regular sprites.
Small question then, if I was to include the sprites in the sprites folder (the corresponding coding), would that work?

Just curious.

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:40 am

The Sernaix use unique sprite entries for their organic movements. You'd need to put the FT sprites into the folder in order to work. They'd need re-exporting to work on a base Armada without the sprite nodes else you'll get a "Sod Off" box :)

MrVulcan

Post by MrVulcan » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:44 am

If I may add, same goes for nearly every other model as we're using custom plasma vents, texture animations, and damage sprites on pretty much every single model. lol

So, if at some point you will want to use some of the models in your mod, you would have to be really careful in re-exporting so that you don't mess up the damage nodes, lightmaps and texture animations...

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:25 pm

MrVulcan wrote:If I may add, same goes for nearly every other model as we're using custom plasma vents, texture animations, and damage sprites on pretty much every single model. lol

So, if at some point you will want to use some of the models in your mod, you would have to be really careful in re-exporting so that you don't mess up the damage nodes, lightmaps and texture animations...
Would there be re-named Sprite files taht get changes that are already in Armada II (for example) that would overwrite the existing files? Or would it be possible to add the text (coding) that isn't in the files to the game like that?

Is that possible, thinking hypothetically right now?