Is there any way....

30 Years after "Nemesis" The torch of adventure is about to be passed from the Next Generation to the New Generation on an all new Enterprise

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:44 am

jetnova. You can ask all the questions you want but I suspect Phantom won't be releasing the models seperately, so stop this now if you please.

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:18 am

MajorPayne wrote:jetnova. You can ask all the questions you want but I suspect Phantom won't be releasing the models seperately, so stop this now if you please.
I never said anything about wanting the mods seperately and if you were paying attention, you would have noticed that I actually want to play the mod in Armada I and maybe add the Sernaix to Armada II. You clearly misunderstood what I have been saying/asking.

I would have to say then, I have a right to ask questions if I wish, especially when my comment that I'll quote does mention Armada I saying that I want to play the mod.
jetnova16 wrote:Its the only mod for my Armada I game. I already plan on having to copy my A1 file so I have the mod and its campaigns and also still have the original game. I actually already created the copy for this mod :)

MrVulcan
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral

Post by MrVulcan » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:41 am

It happened in the past that people wanted to sneak away the models for non-respectable reasons, so there is legitimate concern over people asking about how and when the models will be released.

I'm a little confused as to what you're asking, but I'll attempt to answer your question.

The models use custom sprites and emitter definitions. So, you'll see extra lines in the various sprites files that are >required< for the models to work in game.

If you choose to use the models elsewhere, you will have to find those new lines in the sprites files. If, on the other hand, you decide to edit the models to remove the offending sprites, the lightmaps and glows will likely not work after exporting the model (unless you really really really know what you're doing as those require advanced knowledge of sod hierarchy).

More importantly, if you decide to edit the models in any way, it would be a LOT more difficult for you to get our permission to re-release.

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:40 am

jetnova. Perhaps I should quote you:
I would like to get my hands on the Sernaix from the Future Tense Mod and add them to my Dominion Alliance
From page 1 of this thread. Now from your continued line of questioning this is what I have been led to believe. Now I suggest you change your tone and cut the attitude as the next time I see this kind of posting from you will result in me not wasting any words.

I trust I've made my point perfectly clear. This threads ends now as if Phantom wishes to clarify the position officially then he is perfectly capable of responding in a locked thread, and I also have very little patience for this kind of response.

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:09 am

Models WONT be released before the MOD is released. As Taras said, the new models are laced with new sprites, emitters and hull nodes and wont work unless the Future Tense codes are enabled in the FTSprite.spr file.

Conventional models maybe released for Armada II once Future Tense is launched but at the moment we're focusing on the MOD rather than small-scale releases :)

Adam,