Big Damn Heroes

30 Years after "Nemesis" The torch of adventure is about to be passed from the Next Generation to the New Generation on an all new Enterprise

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

ImperishableNight
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Big Damn Heroes

Post by ImperishableNight » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:33 am

...Is what I would like to say.

I was here nearly 5 years back, and I was a kid then. (Still am, but hey...)
Even then, the mod was already well in it's 7th year, wasn't it...?

I understand that the mod is nearing it's completion, and as of my post, it's already well into it's 13th year --- since it's inception.

All I can say is, you guys are real big-damn heroes.
Thank you.

I think you guys put Janeway to shame. Hohoho. :D
Well, I wish you guys the best of luck with the remaining 15%. : )

MrVulcan
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral

Post by MrVulcan » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:37 pm

Hi ImperishableNight,

Thanks for the kind words. It means a lot to everyone working on FT to hear that people are eagerly awaiting the release.

Its both great and scary to know that Future Tense has been around that long. Its not quite 13 years the last time I checked, but surely its past the 10-year mark. You can do so much in 10 years. lol.

I came on board in 2007 (I think), but have been around long enough to be able to tell you that for everyone that ever worked on FT, it is something that we do for personal enjoyment. Had it been a full time job, we could have released FT many times over in 10 years, but then we would have gotten tired of the "job" and quit sometime half way through :P

Many days, I can only think about some bug or weapon idea on my way home back from work, and not get time to sit down and do the actual modding. Other days, I get both the inspiration and the time to make a good push for the finish line. Think Phantom (Ad') will nod in agreement ;) But that's how it is.

If it weren't for fans occasionally popping up to say hello and ask how things are going, I think we would have stopped some time ago, or gone completely underground to work on personal mods.

So thanks again :)

Mr. V

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:03 pm

I guess this means that Future Tense will be out soon! 15% to go is that really correct? Keep up the hard work, because of all the time put into it, I bet its going to be great.

Since it is for Star Trek Armada I, is it going to involve the new Armada I Patch Project (Armada Patch 1.3 Project)?

I know maybe asking this right now might be too soon but do you have any plans for making a Future Tense for Armada II as well or is Armada I it?

Can't wait for the mod to come out. As I think I have stated before, it is the only mod that I want to even put into my Armada I install. :)

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:21 pm

jetnova. I#ll direct your attention to the "Phantom's 'Idiot' Guide to Modding Armada" sub forum rules thread and you'll see that its highly unlikely that an A2 version will be made.

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:42 pm

MajorPayne wrote:jetnova. I#ll direct your attention to the "Phantom's 'Idiot' Guide to Modding Armada" sub forum rules thread and you'll see that its highly unlikely that an A2 version will be made.
I can't find that thread any where. And really all I needed was a simple answer and not being set on a wild goose chase for another thread.

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:27 am

https://www.armadafleetcommand.com/afc/m ... 37a9d1ec37

Try looking a bit harder next time and if I have to reply like this because your too blind to find it then I'm going to take stronger action. I kid you not.

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:36 pm

MajorPayne wrote:https://www.armadafleetcommand.com/afc/m ... 37a9d1ec37

Try looking a bit harder next time and if I have to reply like this because your too blind to find it then I'm going to take stronger action. I kid you not.
Well, I looked all over the forums. You said it was a Sub-Forum and and you didn't say it wasn't in the forum for Star Trek Armada Future Tense, which is also a Sub-Forum. You should have specified the correct area to look. After all, that thread isn't Under Future Tense, its under "Armada Fleet Command Forum Index"

See, this is what you said, I even bolded and underlined the part that I am talking about:
MajorPayne wrote:jetnova. I#ll direct your attention to the "Phantom's 'Idiot' Guide to Modding Armada" sub forum rules thread and you'll see that its highly unlikely that an A2 version will be made.
Edit:
Just because someone hates Armada II isn't a reason to say it is banned from a thread or that it doesn't exist. Especially when it is still Armada and it even allows you to Play Armada I with that disc instead of the A1 disc.

Saying that in my personal and expert opinion is rejecting those who like Armada II and or trying to force your opinions onto others. I actually take offense to that all because it was Armada II that got me into modding and wanting to try Armada I, but by far A2 is better in graphics at least.

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:08 pm

Well jetnova. If you don't like it then tough. Phantom is an administrator of this forum. You are not. If he wishes to make that rule then thats his perogative and its neither your place or your right to say otherwise. Understand.

I suggest you take your "personal and expert" opinion elsewhere before you step over that fine line.