STATUS Update: February 11

30 Years after "Nemesis" The torch of adventure is about to be passed from the Next Generation to the New Generation on an all new Enterprise

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

MrVulcan
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral

STATUS Update: February 11

Post by MrVulcan » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:42 pm

Contrary to to its appearance, FT is alive and well :)

Progress has been slow for reasons too numerous to list here. Besides, I think everyone is more interested in seeing a few updates rather than excuses for lack of thereof :P Most of the work has been in housekeeping and preparing for unit balancing. So, I can't post too many screenies, unless anyone wants to see code and excel spreadsheets, heheh.

Updates:
- Completed an excel script for writing the ODF spreadsheet into actual ODF files. Will help immensely with unit balancing and with keeping the ODFs consistent across the entire mod.
- Completed a SOD export script for 3dsMax (yes, this was a FT task, lol).
- Approximately half of Reman unit SODs have been updated with proper lightmaps and damage effects. This is the last race to have its SODs updated.

I'll let Phantom update everyone on the actual status of every race, but everything is looking darn close to completion.

Can't let ya go without showing at least some kinda screenies. These are taken from storm of the updated models for Remans.

Reman Starbase

Construction Ship
The "pods" surrounding the ship house worker bees. Some pods open up to release worker bees

Ballistic Class

Reman Bird of Prey

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:54 pm

Looks very good!
Sounds great to hear that mod is "slowly" nearing completion.

Lord_Dranel
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Lord_Dranel » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:14 pm

Thanks for the update and the screenies. I also appreciate all the hard work everyone has put into this "labor of love." I, for one, will dust off my Armada I cd and install the FT update when it comes out.