Modding on older computers

30 Years after "Nemesis" The torch of adventure is about to be passed from the Next Generation to the New Generation on an all new Enterprise

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

fuller
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Modding on older computers

Post by fuller » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:56 am

Ok, so I'm trying to create a new ship completely from scratch, and i'll be honest, i have no idea how to do it. My biggest problem is my Armada is on my old destop which is running Windows 95 and has no internet connection.

Can anyone help?

I'm trying to get some of the ships from the battle of Wolf 359 and i thought i'd start with the Freedom class, but like i said, i havent a clue how to build anything.

MrVulcan
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral

Post by MrVulcan » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:55 pm

If you want to install mods that you download on another machine, its just a matter of transferring the downloaded files to the Win95 machine and following the installation instructions.

For any kind of personal modding (ei, your own ships/weapons etc), you absolutely require to obtain the stock ODFs. These files can be downloaded from this site.

A very good place to start is the Westworlds big book on modding, also available for download from this site. You do not have to read the whole thing as the individual sections are great at explaining everything you need to know on adding a unit to the game.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.

Good luck :)

fuller
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by fuller » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:26 pm

Westworlds big book on modding
Where can i find this?

pepperman
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by pepperman » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:37 pm

Its available under the download section of this site. Looks under the tutorials sub section as there are a Word version as well as a pdf version.