Modding Team, new and old faces

30 Years after "Nemesis" The torch of adventure is about to be passed from the Next Generation to the New Generation on an all new Enterprise

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Modding Team, new and old faces

Post by Phantom » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:23 am

After being off the grid and with Future Tense mothballed im here to say... Im back.

As is Future Tense. Im currently restoring the beta and have emailed everyone who has ever worked on Future Tense to see if they can spare time to get it back off. The ground and warp onto every installation of Star Trek Armada.

That said and amist the bouncing and unanswered messages, I have seen a few new faces or usernames at least that I don't recognize so its good to see that there's more people on here that tired vets.

Therefore Im also interested in seeing what fresh eyes and minds can add to the already 1gb strong mod so if your able to mod in anyway other than basic ship adding or can do unique and exciting things, reply or IM me for details.

Adam

thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral

Re: Modding Team, new and old faces

Post by thunderchero » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:32 pm

Hi Phantom,

If you need anything on server end let me know. post a news story, files uploaded ect

thunderchero

pepperman
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by pepperman » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:46 pm

Phantom,

No disrespect but I'd say don't worry about anything new. I hope you can just finish the mod and get it out there for the few remaining Armada players that are left. Unfortunately for those that have upgraded there computers, I am not sure we'll even be able to get it to run.

Good luck.

Je_mezu24
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Je_mezu24 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:02 pm

Phantom,
It's been taking forever for you and the others to get Future Tense out and now I'm guessing it has something to do with you're wanting to always add more, more, more and more to the mod. In that way of thinking, it's never going to be completed and always stalling out and thus always being mothballed which then isn't fair to all of us who have anxiously been awaiting for this mod. So a fair suggest like pepperman has said, "Don't Worry About Anything New", Just Finish The Mod With What You Have.

Then if you really want to add more, you can just release patches and slightly change the version number like is done with FleetOps.

This mod has already taken years to be completed, actually it almost feels like a decade since it was first mentioned. I mean no disrespect with this entire post but personally I'm getting tired of waiting for Future Tense with all the setbacks, mothballing and silence from the team making it. So with all due respect to you and the rest of the Future Tense Team, please don't add more and just go with what you already have and just go with the "Patching/Version" Route if you always want to add more that way none if us that are at the moment still interested in Future Tense will not lose interest in the Future Tense Mod.

Thank you and good luck with the mod.

fuller
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by fuller » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:55 pm

it has taken a long, long time to come to fruition. surely it would be better just to get it out there?