What is the battle plan?

Follow everything for this Star Trek Armada based Total Conversion right here.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Straxus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

What is the battle plan?

Post by Straxus » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:19 am

Ok, the question is what is the number of ships, stations, map objects,etc needed for the mod?
For example: Do we need more than one type of destroyer, cruiser, etc?
Stations: How many research stations will we need?

What would you suggest for design of stations and shipyards?

Any map objects in particular you are looking for?
I have found that astroids and some other map objects are random in their xyz coordinate placement on the map and say for example I added my volcanic vent models it could end up sideways or upside down due to the programming of the class labels. So I may need to make map objectst that can function in any angle.

Got some ideas for the mod:
form of tractor beam and holding beam based on principles of how huricanes and tornadoes are formed via technology. I have already made a sod for a spiral effect for holding beams for Galactic Uprising that would fit very well in the Seaquest mod as a special weapon effect. Imagine holding your enemy in place to attack with a watery vortex spiral!!!

@Rodglas: Do you want me to make the model of the Nycarian Nexus Class Battleship?
Also a question about the Chao Dai again. They where grey in color you said, but do they have a bio armor effect appearance like the UEO and Macronesian ships or are they like a standard sub?
Also on that note do you mind if I add a slight level of color to the grey to the shade to make them look a tiny bit difference than the Macronesian grey color so that players of the mod wont get confused with some of the models. (just thinking ahead)

Guess thats it for the moment. Let me know.

rodglas
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by rodglas » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:11 pm

Only the Shiou subfighter was seen on screen, all the other ships are my own invention and design. The texture is just a place holder, if you want to do something in the blue/green range that would be cool.

I would say they are a mix of bio hull and regular armour ships as though they are getting a hold of some advanced technolgy but haven't full intergrated it into the fleet.

As for fleet sizes I'll get bact to you on that one but probably about 8-10 ship classes not including subfighters.

We need map objects to represent mountains plankton feilds (green nebula maybe?) Wirlpool effect to replace wormhole or even the blackhole.

Probably we will only need one research station for each side (four total). Ive been working on a designe that I think will be great for the choa Dai.

The UEO and Mac bases should look functional and basic. I'm think of baseing the Mac design around steep flat-topped pyramids and building aroun there. The UEO had a cool outpost design that I'll try to find the pic of and send it to you.

Your ideas are intriging, I like them so far. The holding beam thing could be neat.

What I'd like to see is a missile or torpedo weapon that fires the blackhole generator weapon.

The Nexus is cool and would make a cool map unit. The Nycarians aren't part of the mod si much but its a neat ship regadless so go ahead if you'd like.

Rod.

Straxus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Straxus » Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:40 am

Cool! I will try to get to work on the Chao Dai stuff!!!

I made a blackhole torpedo in Armada 1, but not sure if it would work in A2... A2 is far more picky with some of the special weapon effects (One of the reasons I quit modding A2 and went back to A1, Fortunately all models and animation effects should work just fine in A2)

I have had some ideas for the Plankton and other map objects. Will be using some animation sprites to give plankton flowing in ocean currents effect.
How about 20th century ships as ship wrecks for resource objects?

My current week is a bit busy so you probably wont see alot right away but in next week or two you might see more stuff. I will try to send the UEO stuff to you soon. I need to add node hiearchy to three of the UEO ships.

rodglas
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by rodglas » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:50 am

This is an A1 Mod so no worries.

Rod

Straxus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Straxus » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:44 pm

Gah... I dont know why I kept thinking you where doing this for A2...LOL.
Well that makes things far easier! I can make special weapons to send to you then! Yay!

Oh by the way, could you send the Chao Dai ships to me again but in 3ds format? The max format they are in is too new more my version of max and I cant open them. (Was going to try to texture them for you)
I attempted a Chao Dai ship but based it on a bio-organic ship for Galactic Uprising with a few physical changes of the mesh. I decided to give it the same name though. Here it is:
Chao Dai Sea Scorpion Class Cruiser

As you said they had possibly been scavenging what tech they could from Macronesians and UEO, so I added a UEO style (what I beleive is) Radar dish to the sub.

JPKTrekker
Captain
Captain

Post by JPKTrekker » Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:01 am

Ooo. Nice. I am a big SeaQuest fan (of the TV series) and am anxiously waiting for this mod.
"Until Hell calls my name!"

rodglas
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by rodglas » Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:05 pm

I like the mesh but It doesn't really fit the design philosophy I have going for the Chao Dai fleet. The texture is however quite nice.

I'll send you the other choa Dai ships in a few days, I just reformated my lappy and still need to reload all my Armada files.

Rod

Straxus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Straxus » Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:20 pm

Well we could have it be a neutral map unit or I could change color of texture to be a UEO or Macronesian design.
I await the files!