odd problem in a modular station

Follow everything for this Star Trek Armada based Total Conversion right here.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Post Reply
User avatar
rodglas
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Posts: 554
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 2:00 am
Location: Hamilton, ON Canada (NORPAC)
Contact:

odd problem in a modular station

Post by rodglas » Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:33 pm

I'm using a modular station as the basis for the UEO sides construction yards and major base.

The system uses a research station as a central base in which 1 command centre and 4 yards (2 minor; 2 major) are built as pods.

The problem is this, occationally when I build a dilitium mine, which is not a researchable pod but completely seperate it will attach itself to an unused build point on the central base.

More often though at least some of the ships being built by the enemy will appear at one of these points.

ANy idea what is going on here?


Also the game will tend to crash if the central base is destroyed but not if its dismantled, any idea what is happening here?

FYI I used the Victory Station from B5A1 as the basis for the ODF files.

Rod

User avatar
rodglas
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Posts: 554
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 2:00 am
Location: Hamilton, ON Canada (NORPAC)
Contact:

Post by rodglas » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:52 am

Alright I figured out the second problem, it was the explosion ODF. The one used in B5A1 isn't stock I guess.

The first problem still exists. It's as though the game decides that the pod buildpoints should not be empty. I've never had thos with a regular research station. It is all a llittle strange.

Rod.

User avatar
cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator
Posts: 2226
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:00 am
Location: from the Dark Side of the moon
Contact:

Post by cecilzero1 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:34 am

is this for A2??............. A2 is know to throw a fit with modular station A1 will work but A2 ...... is known to throw a hissy fit .....:P
Image

User avatar
rodglas
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Posts: 554
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 2:00 am
Location: Hamilton, ON Canada (NORPAC)
Contact:

Post by rodglas » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:06 am

No its A1.



I'm having a new problem.

Going on the theory that changing the hardpoint names from "hp01" as an example to "pod01" (as they are for other research stations) might fix my original problem I've managed to discover a new fun error.

Now every researched element builds at the research stations central point, possibly the "root" point.

I have no idea what this is about but I'm still working on it.

Rod.

Straxus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Posts: 770
Joined: Tue May 13, 2003 2:00 am
Location: Beaverton Oregon
Contact:

Post by Straxus » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:44 am

did you add pod01 to the sod itself? The way to do this and get it to export (just in case you dont know) is to name it hpd01, and after sod is exported, use a hex editor to edit hpd01 to pod01.
If all you did is change hp01 to pod01 in the odf, it will default to the center of the station as reference (sometimes.)
hopefully this helps.

User avatar
rodglas
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Posts: 554
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 2:00 am
Location: Hamilton, ON Canada (NORPAC)
Contact:

Post by rodglas » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:50 am

I changed the hp to pod in 3d max and re-exported

Rod.

Straxus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Posts: 770
Joined: Tue May 13, 2003 2:00 am
Location: Beaverton Oregon
Contact:

Post by Straxus » Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:33 am

If you named it pod when exporting it, it will not convert pod as a hardpoint. The exporter will think pod is a different type of node and would explain why everything appears in the middle. Its annoying but all special named hardpoints need to have hp replace first letters. Say for example a hardpoint named Tractor, would need to be hpactor, then edited with hex editor after export for it to work. Otherwise it wont work properly.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users