SQ:Armada Update Jan 3 2006 (Image Heavy)

Follow everything for this Star Trek Armada based Total Conversion right here.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

rodglas
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by rodglas » Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:32 am

This is not and Atlantis DSV Mod. This is a seaQuest mod that has borrowed from Atlantis DSV several ship designs.

And as I already have to invent one side almost from scratch and (The Nycarian Empire has only one public design) and as the Nycarians are not a canon empire they will not be in the mod.

The fourth side will be four optional Confederations (NORPAC, EAST ASIA, NORTH SEA CONFED, and RUSSIAN CONFEDaka Free Market) with NORPAC being the default the AI (AI's for other sides will be included to change default)

I'll be posting the Confeds fleets soon in a new post.

Rod

jjward
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by jjward » Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:50 pm

rodglas wrote:This is not and Atlantis DSV Mod. This is a seaQuest mod that has borrowed from Atlantis DSV several ship designs.

And as I already have to invent one side almost from scratch and (The Nycarian Empire has only one public design) and as the Nycarians are not a canon empire they will not be in the mod.

The fourth side will be four optional Confederations (NORPAC, EAST ASIA, NORTH SEA CONFED, and RUSSIAN CONFEDaka Free Market) with NORPAC being the default the AI (AI's for other sides will be included to change default)

I'll be posting the Confeds fleets soon in a new post.

Rod
Also, not to blow my own horn here - or rather Dan Watson's (Who invented the Nycs...) - The Nycarians are the most unbalanced 'race' in seaQuest history. If you want the writer's opinion on how their ships rank compared to the most modern UEO or Mac designs...

...You would likely need at least 3 Atlantis class DSVs to match a single Nexus class Battleship.

The smaller Neureon class cruiser similarly has enough firewpower to '86' the largest UEO "Battlecruisers" without so much as taking a dent.

A single Wraith subfighter could kill a Trident or Defender class SSN by itself.

You would not want the Nycarians in this mod. You would kill the balance.

Straxus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Straxus » Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:41 am

Though it could be fun to have one as a unique map unit, all sides fighting to get to the only "unlimited" resource in the game at the center of the map protected by a map unit Nexus class battleship!
Just a thought...

jjward
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by jjward » Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:07 am

Well, maybe.

But, as Rod said; it's a seaQuest mod. And I'd be the first to admit that I do not consider Atlantis the be-all-and-end-all of seaQuest fiction. There are many other sources out there besides my own...

...Just needs a little digging, thats all :wink:

Westworld
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Westworld » Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:42 pm

Nice models, I would be interested in having a chat with the models' creator, Maybe we could work out some kind of arrangement for model exchange so I could finish off some of my work, and help out with yours at the same time.

rodglas
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by rodglas » Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:33 pm

Westworld, are you talking about my stuff or JJWards?

Rod.

Westworld
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Westworld » Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:54 pm

rodglas wrote:Westworld, are you talking about my stuff or JJWards?

Rod.
Both Actually, There are some nice models from each that I would not mind having.

Setiesh
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Setiesh » Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:39 pm

those are some mighty fine models i will have to keep a eye on this mod :D