seaQuest update 17 November

Follow everything for this Star Trek Armada based Total Conversion right here.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

rodglas
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

seaQuest update 17 November

Post by rodglas » Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:41 pm

I have been working on and play testing this mod for about two years now
and it has been a lot of fun.

The three main sides (UEO, Macronesia, Choadai) have been progressing well with all the ships built and ingame and most of the stations have been built as well.

I have been considering redoing some of the "older" era designs for the Choadai.

There is a nicely progressive tech tree, though I may make it a little more complicated. Special weapons for the three main sides are in game an fucntioning. The AI is done for the Choadai and Macs and presents a nice challenge, though net yet enought to really beat me, so some tweaking need to be done here.

One thing I've decided to do is get rid of fighters as buildable playable units. A1 just doesn't do fighters well in my experiance and I've gotten sick of trying to make it work. Fighters will still be in game useing modified antimatter mines-- they are largely just for show (It really does look cool).

The advantage of this is that it allow me to have carriers after a fashion, the disadvantage is that they just flutter around the screen. I may decided to do a mix of buildable fighters and these new ones.

There have been some problems that are related to the Armada system. The big one is adequately showing a seafloor. I have some ideas in this area but I would like to here yours if you have any. Maps have only been worked on in a limited way with a few replacing old star fields so that I'm not flying subs in space.

I have some ideas that will change game play and strategy but they are classified until I'm certain if they well work or not.

I've updated some models for the UEO and Macs and I should have some pic up soon.

Rod

Straxus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Straxus » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:22 am

Didnt I send the animated layered ocean maps I made to you back when I was still modding? I know there was no sea floor, but I found out that it does not appear to work...something to do with the game engine my best guess... (I attempted the sea floor thing alot with no success)
Just checking back to see how your doing on this project.

rodglas
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by rodglas » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:08 pm

Yeah I have it, I use it and I love it. But your right the seafloor doesn't work.

The "box" that makes up the background is static, it is locked on the centre of the screen. A background like a seafloor then doesn't seem to move.

The project is coming along with more work being done in the last month or two then in the last half year.

Rod