seaQuest Armada -- the plan (maybe)

Follow everything for this Star Trek Armada based Total Conversion right here.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

rodglas
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

seaQuest Armada -- the plan (maybe)

Post by rodglas » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:59 pm

I am considering switching sQa to A2 in light of the release of the fleetops Patch Project that does not alter the A2 EXE.

If I do this I will release the current version of sQa for A1 incomplete/as is. This means all available ships stations and the working AI files for the UEO, Macronsian Alliance and the Choadai. The release would consitute a BETA version though it would be the entirely playable but incompete version I myself now play.

The inclusion of support for fighters and maxbuildnumbers is very tempting and may indeed prove to be to good to pass over.

I will make efforts should this come to pass to ensure playablity (bug free, build buttons, working tech trees and balance) but it would not be the completed version I had planned.

Rod

Chip
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Chip » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:56 pm

Cool :)
Been toying with the fleetops patch myself, as I have no model modding capability it's been great use in producing refits, and the maxbuildnumber command also helps adding balance to the fleets.
Its a tough call, glad I'm not making it :)
Awaiting your decision with bated breath... :oops:
(smilie looks most like breath holding for those who wondered why)

uss_shanker

nah

Post by uss_shanker » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:36 pm

nah i think seaquest should stick to armada 1 itl suit it better without the warp drive nonsense like on armada 2 i think armada 2 is rubbish anyway

uss_shanker

nah

Post by uss_shanker » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:36 pm

nah i think seaquest should stick to armada 1 itl suit it better without the warp drive nonsense like on armada 2 i think armada 2 is rubbish anyway

rodglas
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by rodglas » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:59 pm

Not all ships have to have Warp, it can be removed.

JPKTrekker
Captain
Captain

Post by JPKTrekker » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:09 pm

IMHO, an A2 version sounds fun. Without the option of A1 multiplayer now (unless someone put up a new multiplayer server for it and I haven't heard about it), it would be more fun to play against others with an A2 version of it instead of just AIs.
"Until Hell calls my name!"

MrVulcan
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral

Post by MrVulcan » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:36 pm

JPKTrekker wrote: Without the option of A1 multiplayer now (unless someone put up a new multiplayer server for it and I haven't heard about it), it would be more fun to play against others with an A2 version of it instead of just AIs.
A1 servers were up and running last I heard. But don't quote me on it. The servers were up and down periodically due to some problems at WON. I don't believe Activision still supports armada 1, but the servers should still be availible. But again, I haven't checked lately; barely had enough time for modding and zero time for playing :P

mscutinella
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by mscutinella » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:27 pm

Hows the mod coming along?

rodglas
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by rodglas » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:26 pm

Not working on it much right now. I had been doing some work about a month ago and its looking pretty good.

A new seaQuest mesh some decisions concering A1 and A2 are still being worked out.

Rod