Adventures in Armada: Oops...

Do you have creative writing skills?? Think you can charm the masses with a story or two?? Perhaps you can create a mini-toon based on Armada. Then give it a go right here.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:19 pm

I think this is definitely one of those things that prevented people being at each other's necks during when there were big issues with the RPG (well, a time like now). lol. One thing I am thankful to see is that there doesn't seem to be any level of rivalry on AFC at this point at all. Micro-flaming (which is smaller than a flame war) has decreased by 200% over the past few days. With the Adventures in Armada threads, I believe the amount of micro-flaming will decrease even further! :)
Dead

fetalmonkey
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by fetalmonkey » Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:47 am

maybe he could create the next battle animation for the rpg
he will be missed

Logius
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Logius » Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:13 am

Ahhhhhhh,no.
Klingon: Your mother mates with toasters!
Data: How did you find out?!

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:08 am

Huh? :?
Dead

Logius
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Logius » Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:39 am

It takes FOREVER to get the images right. You wouldn't believe how many shots get tossed because the angle is wrong or the timing is off. The computer that's running Armada isn't equipped with much in the way of software (or hardware, for that matter) so the only way to get screen caps is to use the old <Alt>+<Print Scrn> method. Then <Alt>+<Tab> to get to MS Paint and paste in the pic. It's only after that, that Photoshop comes in and the images get edited to their final product in there. All in all one 20 second skit takes about 6 or 7 hours to do from start to finish.

And that's only if none of the actors are behaving like divas on that particular day. You have no idea how picky the Nova's captain can be with wardrobe. :roll:
Klingon: Your mother mates with toasters!
Data: How did you find out?!