Fanfic - Final Descent

Do you have creative writing skills?? Think you can charm the masses with a story or two?? Perhaps you can create a mini-toon based on Armada. Then give it a go right here.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Fanfic - Final Descent

Post by Elrond » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:30 am

I couldn't think of a better name to call this story, but I picked "Final Descent" as the title. It is based on Star Trek, but it is in an alternate reality of the future - call it perhaps a different perspective. It is about the end of all things, in which takes place the final battle that will undo all matter in the universe (galaxies, stars, planets, and life).

It has now been 3,000 years since the coming of the current age, which began with the conquering of our part of the universe by mankind. For centuries before even that time, humanity had, against all odds, defended itself against foes that made many other more seemingly powerful races beg for mercy. After so much loss, humanity had earned its place in the heavens. And it is an age later. The ending of this age is now at hand as humanity encroaches further into the depths of inter-clusterial space (the vast void between clusters of galaxies) where it has been theorized there is nothing there except nothingness itself - a great void.

On the I.U.S.S. (Intergalactic Union Starship) Hercules, the Flagship of the Intergalactic Union's vast fleet, the Grand Marshall Utulius Graytha(commander of the entire legion and fleet of humanity's vast grasp) is preparing to explore this new region of space, where he wishes to test the 'theory of nothingness' in inter-clusterial space. Even 9,000 years after mankind had started exploring space, curiosity still reigns supreme as humanity's ultimate character trait.

Grand Marshall Utulius Graytha: "Report."

Captain Benjamin Herlus: "Marshall on the Bridge. Sir, our reports of this area confirm what we have believed all along. Sir, there is nothingness from this point forward."

Utulius: "Nothing beyond that void?"

Capt. Herlus: "Well sir, for nearly 250 million light years there is nothing in front of us. Sensors do not detect anything at the time."

Commander Velus: "Keep in mind, Captain, that our sensors do not extend that far. We may need to venture in much further to make any kind of intelligent judgement on this vast area of space. Science Officer Valin, report."

Lt Commander Valin: "Sensor range is only 10,000 light years at high resolution and 25,000 light years at maximum range low-res scan. That is a negligible amount of the entirety of this void."

Utulius: "Captain Herlus, I will be returning to Union Command aboard our sister ship, the Vandenburg. You will have command of this mission, as you had wished."

Captain Herlus: "Yes sir. Thank you sir."

Utulius: "No need to thank me. Remember, you saved my butt seven times."

Captain Herlus: "Actually, sir, it was eight times."

Utulius: "Well, that incident on Bragus VI we cannot count - that was a very different situation. Indeed, though, you did your part in that fight."

Captain Herlus: *Laughing* "Haha. Okay sir, understood. I will meet you back at starbase after the close of this mission."

Utulius: "Good luck, Captain. You just may need it out here."

Captain Herlus: "Sir, I doubt that we are going to get ourselves into any kind of trouble. Besides, it's an empty void and if there is anything in there, I'm quite certain that it poses no threat to us. There are few races that now own as many galaxies as our Union does and those races are a very long ways off right now."

Utulius: "True, but still, watch your back. I will be in contact with you. I wish everyone luck and Godspeed on this mission. Graytha to the Vandenburg...one to beam out."

* In an instant, the Grand Marshall beams off of the I.U.S.S. Hercules and onto the Vandenburg which will bring him back to X'lava'dor, the current Headquarters for the fleets of humanity. some 6,000 years before this time, long ago, Earth was destroyed in the year 6381 AD during the final war that the humans participated in. Never since that time has there been any full-scale wars as after that, humanity was free to voyage across the Hercules Galaxy Cluster (our local group of galaxies). *

* This is the Year 12,455, and this is the Story of Humanity's Final Descent *

* Theme Music *

* Words and credits fly at the viewer at very fast speeds, exploding on impact as the theme music plays. :lol: *

Eh, this is just something I came up with in my free time, and also because I am an acute insomniac as well (which is quite normal for me). :P If there were 36 hours in a day, that would be my kinda day!
Dead

JPKTrekker
Captain
Captain

Post by JPKTrekker » Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:07 pm

Nice intro, Elrond. I do hope that their is more to come.
"Until Hell calls my name!"

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:09 pm

Yep there is. lol. I got a lot more coming. This is the utmost tip of the Iceberg. :P
Dead

Fartman007
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Fartman007 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:19 pm

Now im obsessed about the borg and jem hadar so i gotta ask: ARE THE BORG AND JEM HADAR IN THIS STORY ARE THET?! THEY GOTTA BE!!!

fetalmonkey
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by fetalmonkey » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:27 am

great job elrond you alwats were great at createing these fanfics
he will be missed

kips
Ensign
Ensign

Post by kips » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:06 am

8) That was getting interesting when is the next enstalment?
How long does it take you to write those FanFic's?