My Armada1 sequel story idea

Do you have creative writing skills?? Think you can charm the masses with a story or two?? Perhaps you can create a mini-toon based on Armada. Then give it a go right here.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Trespasser
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

My Armada1 sequel story idea

Post by Trespasser » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:56 pm

I have an idea for a sequel to armada 1. That could be a Armada 2 mod or single player campaign. I want to know what you guys think.

After Voyager destroyed the transwarp hub and released the neralitic pathogen in the collective, the Borg were almost wiped out. But some ships survived, but without the collective they were in chaos, until shortly after they began to hear the collective again but different, stronger, more organized, naturally drawn to the familiarity of the collective what Borg ships were in range of the expanding signal migrated towards it.

Mean while, the Federation was again contacted by the USS Premonition with a warning about the Borg. Why the Borg were a threat after what Voyager did was a little hard to believe, but since the Premonition brought with it a fleet of future Federation, Romulan, Klingon, and Cardassian ships the threat the Borg pose must be real.

With the new collective signal growing stronger, more and more Borg ships head to the source of the single. That leads them back to the nebula that had the transwarp hub, but now the hub was replaced with a gaping black hole in the gas giant where the hub once was. All the transwarp conduits collapsing at once caused an unexpected effect, it opened a hole to alternate timeline. A future timeline where the Borg have assimilated everything, and are so advanced almost nothing could stop them.

But time is limited, the gas giant is collapsing into the hole and the conduit to the other timeline will collapse with it. But the collective from the future timeline is so advanced they quickly organize the remaining Borg ships from this timeline, and have them cannibalize some of their ships to construct a station hold the aperture open longer and expand it.

With the USS Premonition taking the combined Federation, Romulan, Kilingon, and Cardassian, and future Federation, Romulan, Klingon, and Cardassian straight to the nebula spirits are high that they will get there before the Borg can construct the station to aline and expand the aperture enough for a ship to pass though. But unfortunately the future Romulan flag ship and several other Romulan ships cloack and warp to Romulus. Only the Premonition with her temporal drive can reach the Romulan ships before they reach Romulus. So the Premonition takes the combined fleet to just out side the Borg nebula then takes some of the ships to intercept the Romulan ships.

Unfortunately with out the help of the Premonition's help the fleets can't brake the Borg lines and their station becomes operational and the aperture is open enough for a massive future Borg cube to come though. The 29th century Borg cube, 25% bigger then a standered cube, powered by an omega particle is almost unstoppable. It quickly destroys the future fleet ships set against it.

Thats what I have so far what do you guys think?

Barty
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Barty » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:35 am

seems good so far. it would make for some intresting and difficult missions

Trespasser
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Trespasser » Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:42 pm

Thanks

MrVulcan
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral

Post by MrVulcan » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:15 pm

Interesting story, sounds like there is plenty of room for intense action. However, I must ask, how should this 'uber' cube be stopped by 24th century ships if ships from the future could not?

Trespasser
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Trespasser » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:49 am

I was thinking that the USS Premonition would have to use it temporal drive and send the future cube back to it timeline, and since it's powered by an omega partical, you would have to destabilize the partical and the Premonition would send it back to unimatrix 001, in its past, in its timeline just before the Borg become the Borg, were the particle would destabilize explode and destroy subspace, destroying the Borg before they even start in that timeline.