Star Trek Armada Faction Wars

Do you have creative writing skills?? Think you can charm the masses with a story or two?? Perhaps you can create a mini-toon based on Armada. Then give it a go right here.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Star_Dragon_001
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Star_Dragon_001 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:07 pm

Hello, everyone. I assume you know who I am, seems how my name is to the left of this post. This is a story to go along with my upcoming mod, STAUCP (Star Trek Armada Units Compilation Pack). I am just going to post the intro and part of Chapter one, just to see if anyone likes. I will post chapters as they are finished, so bear with me, plz.

Introduction

It has been three years since the events of Star Trek Nemesis. The Romulans have banned slavery with the Remans, and the Remans have constructed an empire of their own. The Romulans collapsed the neutral zone to form an alliance with the Federation and the Klingons. Soon after, the Cardassians and Jem’Hadar joined this alliance. The galaxy settled down for years.
However, several rebel factions have formed against the alliance; the Sons of Anarchy, comprised of renegade Humans; the House of Duras, comprised of renegade Klingons; the Empty Crown, comprised of renegade Romulans, and the Old Dominion, comprised of renegade Jem’Hadar and Cardassians. These rebel factions are led by a little-known faction, Majestic Twelve. Alliance intelligence doesn’t know any more than the name. They don’t even know their motives for uniting these rebels.
Then, light was shed; two new alien races, the Dragonarian and Kemorainian Star Empires, revealed Majestic Twelve as a group of Renegade Kemorainians that refused to accept the Dragonarian-Kemorainian Alliance treaty. However, the Dragonarians were hesitant to trust the Alliance races. So, the Kemorainian leader, General Keldonar Kedd’khan, suggested a test. The Kemorainians provided the location of a large rebel outpost, and suggested a small strike force accompany a sole Dragonarian ship to destroy it. The Romulans Took this suggestion, and sent three Ael’Hlaiim class Warbirds, Two Norexan class warbirds, and two Venator class warbirds to the meeting point. The Dragonarians sent the best ship in their fleet, commanded by the best commander they had; the Class-II Dragonarian Warbird Dragon’s Rage, commanded by Fleet Admiral Kylet’oran Jek’ari.
As the Dragon’s Rage heads towards the rendezvous point, an unexpected find awaits both alliances…

Chapter One
Test Run

The Dragon’s Rage sailed through the emptiness of space as if it were sailing through water. Moving at half impulse speed, her commander kept a sharp eye out for any sign of the Romulan strike fleet. Kyle’toran was a Terran Dragonarian, standing at 7’ 2” with a muscular body, Short, brown hair, a semi-flat nose, thin lips and emerald-green dragon eyes. His orders were to help the Romulans destroy the rebel outpost, and to watch the Romulans. He had read all about this galaxy’s history, and had no reason to trust any of the Romulans, Klingons, Cardassians, or Jem’Hadar. The Humans seemed trustworthy enough.
“Admiral, we have arrived at the designated coordinates,” said the hissing, serpentine voice of the Kemorainian at the helm. Kemorainians were literally snake people, standing seven feet tall, with muscular bodies, double-jointed legs, and their heads were like that of a Cobra.
“Thank you, Razuul. Stathl’en,” Kylet’oran answered, indicating the Ryukaissen Dragonarian at the Communications console, “Open a channel. Let’s see if we can contact our Romulan friends.” Ryukaissen Dragonarians weren’t that different from Kemorainians, having the same kind of body that they do. But Ryukaissens instead resembled dragons, and their skin was scaly. Before Stathl’en could touch a single button, a communication line went active, and a voice Kylet’oran knew came over the channel.
“Admiral Kylet’oran, my scouts have reported that there is a series of wormholes that lead to this base. They also go through another base owned by the house of Duras. This could provide us with an alternative attack path, rather than attempting a frontal assault.” She said. Kylet’oran knew this voice as Admiral Donatra. Judging by the tone of her voice, Kylet’oran could sense that she was surprised to see another design of the Reman Warbird. But this version was different. It had more weapons, better shields, a better cloaking device, a state-of-the-art anti-cloak scanner, better armor, a heavily modified Mass Driver Cannon, the hull was colored crimson, and it was slightly bigger.
“Very well, Admiral. I will assume Command three of your ships to follow me to the Klingon base. You and the remaining three ships will travel under cloak and remain under cloak at the human rebel base. Attack only if you are detected or you get my command to attack. Understood?” Kylet’oran ordered.
“As you command, Admiral.” Donatra replied.
“Romulan Imperial Starships Zihuatan, Tzetal, and Navak, engage cloak and follow this transmission line. Do not worry; it is undetectable by the enemy.” Kylet’oran ordered. Looking to his Tactical officer, Anthonicaan, he added, “Tactical, engage the cloaking device.” The Dragon’s Rage then seemingly de-materialized into the nothingness of space, and the three Romulan ships Kylet’oran was taking with him, an Ael’Hlaiim, a Norexan, and a Venator, followed suit and followed the Dragon’s Rage into the Wormhole…

BTW, you will see a lot of ships that are available here on AFC.
--Star_Dragon_001

Star_Dragon_001
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Star_Dragon_001 » Thu May 07, 2009 2:17 pm

Come on, guys, I need you to post a reply on this topic before I can post the next part.

MrVulcan
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral

Post by MrVulcan » Thu May 07, 2009 6:46 pm

Nicely written, Dragon. Looks like there's plenty of material there for a full story. I got quite a few questions already, but I'm waiting for the next part as you're probably planning on answering them as the plot progresses. Looking forward to what you come up with.

Mr. V

Star_Dragon_001
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Star_Dragon_001 » Fri May 08, 2009 10:18 am

*lol* I didn't think it was *that* good. If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask them. I will try to answer them to the best of my ability. And here's the next part of Chapter one. BTW, the story isn't exactly finished. I'm still working on Chapter two.

The Dragon’s Rage then seemingly de-materialized into the nothingness of space, and the three Romulan ships Kylet’oran was taking with him, an Ael’Hlaiim, a Norexan, and a Venator, followed suit and followed the Dragon’s Rage into the Wormhole…

Donatra didn’t trust the Dragonarian on the Crimson-colored Reman warbird. She especially didn’t like the idea that an alien that she hardly knew would be in command of three Romulan Imperial Starships. But then again, what choice did she have? He outranked her. He was a Fleet Admiral, and she was a Vice Admiral. All she could do was follow the Dragonarian’s orders and hope he knew what he was doing.
“Right, you heard him; all ships, Engage cloak and head to the rebel base.” Donatra ordered. Her ship, a Norexan-class vessel called the Valdore, cloaked with the remaining three ships and headed to the rebel base. When she got there, she saw why the Dragonarian split her forces; the rebels’ base was very lightly defended. There were no defense platforms and only a handful of light cruisers, Intrepids and Defiants, accompanied by four battered Excelsior Lakota subtype cruisers, were defending the base. As she waited, she could only ponder how Admiral Kylet’oran was doing...

When the Class-II Dragonarian Warbird and the other Romulan Warbirds exited the wormhole, the highest-ranking Romulan commander among the three Romulan ships, Commander Suran, saw why the Dragonarian admiral took only three ships with him; the house of Duras base was very lightly defended, with only three defense platforms and a handful of K4-class Klingon Birds-of-Prey. It was almost as if the Duras Klingons didn’t expect an attack. Unless they had something else up their sleeve, in which case, Suran wondered what that something might be.
“Romulan commanders, when I fire my Mass Driver Cannon and destroy the outpost, de-cloak and attack the Klingon ships. When the time is right, I will de-cloak and join the fight.” the Dragonarian Admiral said over the communication channel. Suran’s bridge crew turned their heads to face Suran, the expressions on their faces saying, “Do we do it?” Suran confirmed the Dragonarian’s order with a slight nod. Then, there was a great flash as the Dragonarian Warbird’s Mass Driver Cannon fired. As his ship de-cloaked, Suran watched as the Mass Driver slug blew a gaping hole in the middle of the station, as if the station were nothing but paper. Still sitting there, but unable to withstand the forces exerted on this new weak point, the station structure slowly tore itself apart.
But Suran had no time to admire the slow ballet of dancing and tumbling debris, he had orders to follow.
“Target the lead K4, fire all forward disruptor banks on my mark!” He barked. The K4 fired its disruptors at Suran, and they impacted on the shields with near-harmless effect, and Suran returned fire with a volley of disruptors and a series of torpedoes. The resulting torpedo impacts blew off the head of the K4 and sent the body tumbling into another K4. The collision destroyed both vessels.
Idiots are surprisingly easy to destroy, Suran thought. For what seemed to be merely minutes, the three Romulan ships exchanged fire with the Klingon ships. When only two remained, two other Klingon ships dropped out of warp. The first was a Negh’Var, which was a relatively easy target for a Venator, Ael’Hlaiim and Norexan warbird, if they attacked together. The other Klingon ship was the one that posed the real threat; a MaQ’mIgh class dreadnought. The MaQ’mIgh was larger than the Negh’Var, and more heavily armed.
“Romulan Commanders, you would be wise to surrender now. Otherwise, you will not live to see the next day!” said the Klingon commander.
“Don’t even think about it, Klingon commander!” exclaimed the Dragonarian Admiral’s voice. Then, the Class-II Dragonarian Warbird de-cloaked and fired its Mass Driver Cannon. The slug impacted between the MaQ’mIgh’s wings, and sheared the Klingon dreadnought into three or four different pieces as if it were nothing. The Dragonarian Warbird then accelerated, its weapons firing wildly at the Negh’Var. The crew of the Negh’Var was apparently caught by surprise, as they stood by as the Dragonarian ship took out their shield generator. By the time they decided to “move it or lose it,” the Dragon’s Rage had already swung around and let loose a barrage of plasma disruptor fire.
“All ships, attack the Klingon ship!” Suran ordered. At these words, the three warbirds converged on the Negh’Var. Disruptors blazed between the ships until the Dragonarian warbird delivered the killing blow that ripped the Negh’Var in two.
“All ships follow me. We’re headed to the other base!” the Dragonarian admiral ordered. As Suran followed the Dragonarian Warbird, he wondered what the Dragonarian had planned...

Star_Dragon_001
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Star_Dragon_001 » Wed May 13, 2009 2:06 pm

Again, I need you guys to post your opinions so that I can continue. Come on, guys!