USS Wolven - WIP Const III varient

Model makers. Got something to show of or brag about?? Then show 'em off here, but read the rules first

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

icewolf132
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

USS Wolven - WIP Const III varient

Post by icewolf132 » Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:48 am

Hello everyone, this is a ship that Ive had stuck in my head for a few months now and decided to try to model it as my second atempt at a high polly model. It's the USS Wolven, an experimental refit varient of the Constitution III class...and its kind of unfinished :oops:. In making the Wolven I tryed to include diffrent elements from the diffrent Enterprises (NX to E), and I added a few things of my own (such as the war scout under the saucer ;)).

It still needs a lot of work done to it, such as details (lights, hull panels) and (obviously) textures, but the hardest part is done :). The polly count so far is 3393.

those who want it as an Armada model (5 needed):

1. Logius
2. KaBoom1701
3. Halo
Last edited by icewolf132 on Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
Star Trekkin' across the universe, because I STILL can't find reverse!

Usage Permission; All are free to use and edit my work in any way they see fit, so long as credit is given where it is due.

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:16 am

Ah. Now this is more like it. Takes tensions off the RPG situation most definitely.

I love that model you're making! 3393 - that's pretty good so far. My models are usually around that. Usually around 2000 to 2500 - if they're big ships. This is definitely a good WIP. The textures - yeah, that's always hard for me. I don't know how people like you and CaptSyf do the textures so well! I'm still learning how to do them. LOL
Dead

icewolf132
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by icewolf132 » Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:32 am

Thank you, the hardest part for me in modeling is geting the ship to look the way I want it, the same goes for the textures :? often when I make a ship it turns out very difrently from what I had in mind :).

Wrath of Achilies texture tutorial and CaptSyf has helped me out a lot on how to make textures, and let me give you a tip if your using PSP; ALWAYS keep a back up of your textures in .pspimage (I think thats it) format, it comes in handy when you want to change something after the ship was textured :)

Usage Permission; All are free to use and edit my work in any way they see fit, so long as credit is given where it is due.

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:34 am

Definitely! I always keep backups myself. Even if they're just for sprite textures and such. lol
Dead

Raptor
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Raptor » Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:54 pm

Looks nice...I like the look of the nacelles.
If you want a free custom sig, send me a PM or email ( Raptor226@gmail.com ).

blindeye01
Captain
Captain

Post by blindeye01 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:15 pm

I think it will come out well, but every good model hinges on the quality of the textures.
Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to

fetalmonkey
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by fetalmonkey » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:36 am

Ah. Now this is more like it. Takes tensions off the RPG situation most definitely.
i agree and such a nice style of class
btw wat happened here have we become nothing more than an rpg site i remeber when models came 1st and second was rpg seems lately its the other way around

great ship icewolf i apologise for going off topic
he will be missed

icewolf132
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by icewolf132 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:03 am

meh, no worries ;)

im planing on using very high res textures for the Wolven, im also planing on converting it into a very basic model for SFCII so I can get the glow effects to look ok...that is if it will let me use 1024 X 1024 textures :?

I haven't been able to do much on it due to vacation but I did get some of the details done:

whohaw15
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by whohaw15 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:51 am

looking good icewolf132

CaptSyf
Commander
Commander

Post by CaptSyf » Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:17 am

Good model Ice. It's off to a good start.

Thank you Ice, Your image just give me the idea and style for what I needed.
The end of one Era is near... Star Trek Armada II - All Good Things...

Logius
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Logius » Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:58 pm

Damn, can't believe I missed this one. NICE work there, icewolf. She looks like a natural sucessor to the classic Constitution class. Excellent detail, indeed.
Klingon: Your mother mates with toasters!
Data: How did you find out?!

blindeye01
Captain
Captain

Post by blindeye01 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:18 pm

Very nice work Icewolf! I like this more detailed model.
Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to

icewolf132
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by icewolf132 » Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:04 pm

ive added a small list at the bottem of the first post, if 8 people want to see this as an Armada unit then ill work on it to be playable when its done ;) I warn you though, it may be a while.

icewolf132
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Const III mesh to be released

Post by icewolf132 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:07 pm

well folks, within a few days im going to release the USS Wolven mesh to the public. why? because with the projects im doing now and college coming up next year it will be about a year until I get even the Armada version of the ship done. sometime soon someone might do a lot beter job on it then I could ever do. and who knows, a new modeler might learn something by looking at the mesh.

when I release it Ill include both a .3DS and .MS3D file and a readme telling a bit about the ship and the permissions on the mesh.

CmdrJack
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by CmdrJack » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:30 pm

Very nice work Icewolf!