USS Hephaestus (WIP)

Model makers. Got something to show of or brag about?? Then show 'em off here, but read the rules first

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Khaldore
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Khaldore » Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:51 am

*nods* I downloaded MAP's MilkShape tut already, and read over it some before work. However, I can't seem to find Achilles' PSP tutorial you mentioned... don't suppose you could track me down a link? :)

- Mike

EDIT: Poly count as of 7-3-05: 717... once I finish up some vertex alignment in the front of the saucer, I'll post a pic showing various views of the basic mesh.

Khaldore
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Khaldore » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:36 am

Sorry for bumping this, but just a quick note to say any updates from here on will be edited into my inital post. Hope y'all like it, maybe I can scrounge up enough skill to make her into a playable ship. :)

Oh... I still can't track down Achilles' PSP tutorial. Any help would be appreciated. :D

- Mike

icewolf132
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by icewolf132 » Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:43 pm

under the tutorials section in A2files.com Achilles' PSP tut is named Texture Tutorial by Wrath of Achilles, if you still can't find it Ill send you the link :)

a very good job on the polly reduction ;)
Star Trekkin' across the universe, because I STILL can't find reverse!

Usage Permission; All are free to use and edit my work in any way they see fit, so long as credit is given where it is due.

Khaldore
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Khaldore » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:32 am

Edit yet again... thanks for pointing out A2Files, icewolf. Found the tut, and it seems pretty straightforward. Now to see what kind of artist I *really* am. :P

News on the basic mesh: 900 polys even... I think I'll leave her at that, as joining any more faces will deform the ship more than I care to. I'm importing the model into MS3D, and *hopefully* with MAP's tut (and a few others), I can at least make a texture-less version of her playable. Wish me luck. :D

- Mike