Enterprise j in enterprise?

Our General Discussion Forum. This is the main forum of AFC, and is used for talking about just about anything you like ... Please, do not advertise, 'spam' or 'flame' in this forum.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

nowereman
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Enterprise j in enterprise?

Post by nowereman » Sun Apr 25, 2004 3:06 am

dosent that ship look like a sleek chynee class?
do not start with me you will not win

nOOb
Ensign
Ensign

Post by nOOb » Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:47 am

not really, it did have a secondary hull, but it was a pretty tight ship. There are scant few ships with an "old fashioned" circular saucer section that look that tight :D

CaptSyf
Commander
Commander

Post by CaptSyf » Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:34 am

I have a simple question, Is anyone making a sod for the 1701-J?

Snake
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Snake » Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:58 am

Some people on the taldren forums are making one:
http://forums.taldren.com/ubbthreads/sh ... &fpart=all

there are like 3 different people's models there. The last 2 are pretty good, the first one kinda sucks imo.

Plus what's his name made a scematic of it too.

CaptSyf
Commander
Commander

Post by CaptSyf » Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:57 pm

Thanks for the insight. But I hate to say it, those guys are heading in the wrong direction for the "J". From what I seen on the show, plus looking at those pics/meshes/designs. when I look at the shots from the episode, I feel it looks as if the ship was like the 1701-E, but its saucer section is stretched to look like the galaxy class. And with the possible defiant-style
comm dish, I'd say it follows the galaxy with a seperation capability. But that's just my thought. I may try to make a sod, but I havent been able to add hard-points(I'v been playing with milkshade).

Hardyous
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Hardyous » Wed Apr 28, 2004 2:04 am

it actually looks quite similar to the NX class wen you look carefully, it has very small secondary hull with warp nacelles higher than the saucer. this episode hasent been on in the UK et i dont think but we are in to the 3rd season, i just watched the one where they find the hatchery last night so if you blokes could tell me the name of the episode that it is from i might be able to set my DVD recorder to record the show so i can see the ship in proper detail myself.

CaptSyf
Commander
Commander

Post by CaptSyf » Wed Apr 28, 2004 2:31 am

The episode name is "Azati Prime". The "Hatchery" was episode 69, Azati Prime is the next at #70.

CaptSyf
Commander
Commander

Post by CaptSyf » Wed Apr 28, 2004 2:48 am

Here is a mesh I'm working on (it's still in development).
http://www.geocities.com/csfunk2004/ent-j-mesh-b.jpg
tell me what you think (but be kind).

nowereman
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by nowereman » Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:01 am

who was making that schematic?
do not start with me you will not win

CaptSyf
Commander
Commander

Post by CaptSyf » Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:05 am

nowereman wrote:who was making that schematic?
That would be me (I guess).
I am toying with it in milkshape. I hope to complete it soon to add to my ships in A2. :P

Ambassador
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Ambassador » Mon May 03, 2004 11:17 pm

The Enterpise-J has got to be the stupid lookin and ugliest ship i have seen in Star Trek!
[img]http://pic5.picturetrail.com/VOL93/1384923/2782961/36494762.jpg[/img]

TrashMan
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by TrashMan » Tue May 04, 2004 5:58 am

OH MY GOD! that's horrendus! ...I think I'm gonna be sick!

*goes to vomit*

Have all those guys at the Paramount went totaly insane?
USS Apocalypse
*I let my Phaser Cannon do the talking!*

CaptSyf
Commander
Commander

Post by CaptSyf » Tue May 04, 2004 1:47 pm

I thought I would point out, Star trek is paramount's baby. So that means whatever they do with it is the sole right of paramount. Personally, I am glad paramount is letting Star trek continue. Because I really like Star trek (in any form). Now that they have shown us fans what the "Enterprise-J" looks like, it's now canon. Personally, I feel it's up to fans to render what they percieve they see. So, to conclude, if you got any better ideas what it looks like, then show us. I would love to see what your perceptions are. Just remember, like it or not, the "j" is now canon.

Snake
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Snake » Tue May 04, 2004 3:30 pm

CaptSyf wrote:I thought I would point out, Star trek is paramount's baby. So that means whatever they do with it is the sole right of paramount. Personally, I am glad paramount is letting Star trek continue. Because I really like Star trek (in any form). Now that they have shown us fans what the "Enterprise-J" looks like, it's now canon. Personally, I feel it's up to fans to render what they percieve they see. So, to conclude, if you got any better ideas what it looks like, then show us. I would love to see what your perceptions are. Just remember, like it or not, the "j" is now canon.
Star trek is Gene Roddenbery's baby, not paramount's. I feel paramount (+braga and brannon) have done a poor job so far with the quality of the show (mainly Voyager. Voyager is garbage. Enterprise is more or less better than Voyager). Ever since Roddeberry died, the shows haven't been the same. They lack creativity, often reusing old plots and overused themes.