Star Trek 11

Our General Discussion Forum. This is the main forum of AFC, and is used for talking about just about anything you like ... Please, do not advertise, 'spam' or 'flame' in this forum.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Star Trek 11

Post by Phantom » Sun May 09, 2004 6:30 am

Star Trek 11 is in conceptual stages. It is also rumoured to prequal Star Trek Nemesis. The timeline however has not been confirmed, nor is it confirmed Captain Archer's Enterprise will be on. A possible outcome is perhaps the Enterprise NCC 1701-E meeting the Enterprise NCC 1701-C or a new crew are forced to travel back in time to aid the Enterprise NCC 1701-A

Or like the Batman Saga, it could be the restart button and start back at the begining with a big 'restart' button. Discuss what you think Star Trek 11 should focus and be about.

I am hoping to see a TNG torch passing onto Deep Space Nine similar to the TOS passing to the TNG crew in Star Trek Generations - but can the film franchise suceed without the USS Enterprise as the focus?

Feel free to discuss Film Matters and Concepts

Adam

Spectre
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Spectre » Sun May 09, 2004 7:02 am

Well concerning DS9, i hope it doesnt happen sorry but it when i watch DS9 episodes the only thing i liked about it is when they actually left the station!! i.e. in the Defiant or a Runabout.

I would like to see TNG again, it would be nice to see if before (or however its spelled) becomes the new "data" seeing as all of data's files were copied into before.

Theres also the question of Federation & Romulans? will they ever become affiliated?

maybe it will happen and both groups unite to take on another enemy etc

maybe some new ships or new technology now that voyager has brought future technology back to the present.

Theres lot more to explain

SylakOfBorg
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by SylakOfBorg » Sun May 09, 2004 7:08 am

Perhaps a second set of Dominion Wars would unite them? Or mabey even a war with the caretakers' species? or the Borg who have assimialted the 2nd Cartaker array, or just The Borg trying to get revenge, or even soem other race from outside the galaxy. Or even a Klingon regeime change, which makes the Klingons all "die human Patah'k" and such again. Or mabeyt st XI will explain why Patak'h has so many spellings at the very least.

EDIT: Mabey i should try to becoem an ST writer...

Atlantis
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Atlantis » Sun May 09, 2004 7:39 am

Hmm, well i for one hope it in no way includes the Borg or NX01 Enterprise. Perhaps some kinda mystery one about one of the ancient races, like the Chodak, or Promellians. I would like to see more of the Romulans AND Klingons (seeing as Nemesis was ONLY the Romulan Star Empire). I dunno, but like Wok said in the old thread, it will probably have a good soundtrack, and IMO good special effects.

Also one other thing, there is a perfectly good reason why Data could still be alive. Do you think all the Shinzon affair wouldve gone past the Tal Shiar. IMO it is 95% certain that there would be a cloaked Tal Shiar ship waiting and observing, so it is possible that they couldve beamed him off.....
Last edited by Atlantis on Sun May 09, 2004 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

xxxxx
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by xxxxx » Sun May 09, 2004 7:40 am

Well im sorry to say (again) that DS9 will not happen. Mainly because DS9 doesnt exist anymore. The station set was torched after the show finished and would cost a hell of a lot to re-build from scratch. To be honest Berman doesnt know what the hell he's doing. Personally i'd like to see him plan his retirement before planning Startrek XI. He is such a pain in the tits. He has ruined the last six years of trek tv and movies. If he writes StarTrek XI then im not going to see it. They need to bring back the people who write trek best, DC Fontana, Ronald Moore, Ira Steven Behr, etc. Thats what will make Startrek XI good.

I just thought of something, the plot for Startrek XI will be a prequil set in the year 2004. Kirk, Picard, Sisko, Janeway and Archer will all join forces and travel back to 2004. In 2004 they will try to please trek fans by forcing Rick Berman to quit as head of the startrek brand.

Just a thought.

Spectre
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Spectre » Sun May 09, 2004 7:56 am

rofl nice

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Sun May 09, 2004 8:10 am

The Romulans appear throughout the Movies:

Star Trek 5 - Final Frontier
Star Trek 6 - The Undiscovered Country
Star Trek 7 - Generations
Star Trek 10 - Nemesis

Adam

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne » Sun May 09, 2004 3:05 pm

Okay so two things.

1) Phantom. Please keep an eye on this thread and make sure it stays on topic.

2) With regards to the subject and aside from the minor bit of humour going on I'll state this below:

I personally think that the trek franchise should branch out further afield. For example. I know we've seen the five year mission, blah, blah, blah, but why not have some sort of starship which has a galactic drive. This could then be allowed to travel outside the normal four quadrants.

Alohaman
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Alohaman » Sun May 09, 2004 3:19 pm

I just thought of something, the plot for Startrek XI will be a prequil set in the year 2004. Kirk, Picard, Sisko, Janeway and Archer will all join forces and travel back to 2004. In 2004 they will try to please trek fans by forcing Rick Berman to quit as head of the startrek brand.
:lol: Good one.

Maybe it won't be an Enterprise movie, perhaps it will be something original and entertaining to the Star Trek fans. Whatever it may be, I look forward to its completion.
"He who laughs last, thinks slowest."

"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."

Fireball
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Fireball » Sun May 09, 2004 9:02 pm

if berman makes as prequel
it will ruin star trek!
movies move forwards not backwards!
what about Riker and Dieana on the Titan?
they were headig to romulus.........

edit - also, star trek isnt all about fighting! there has to be some story like tos and tng, which both were good and still included a bit of fighting!

Wok
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Wok » Sun May 09, 2004 10:47 pm

I don't think anyone really knows what its going to be like... which is interesting.

"I am involved in the very early stages of what could be the next Star Trek movie. It's something I will be producing with two other producers"

There ain't alot you can tell from this. Is there?

Alohaman
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Alohaman » Mon May 10, 2004 1:12 am

You know what would be wicked for the next movie:
If they gave us a movie set in the future, maybe with new ships, (Titan, Galaxy X Refit, maybe a refit Sovereign)

This movie prequel has kept us all guessing, wondering what it could be. Has anyone ever thought they could be doing this on purpose. Maybe they are trying to make a movie we long time Star Trek fans can't predict. That just makes the movie more interesting :)
"He who laughs last, thinks slowest."

"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."

CaptSyf
Commander
Commander

Post by CaptSyf » Mon May 10, 2004 2:18 am

MajorPayne wrote: I personally think that the trek franchise should branch out further afield. For example. I know we've seen the five year mission, blah, blah, blah, but why not have some sort of starship which has a galactic drive. This could then be allowed to travel outside the normal four quadrants.
I agree. I would like to see star trek get back to the "to boldly go where no man has gone before" approach. After all, isn't that what Gene's vision was all about! I don't care for the DS9 or Voyager option. Those 2 series nearly killed Star Trek. That's why Enterprise is doing so bad. It' the same producer as them.

Thompson
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Thompson » Mon May 10, 2004 5:21 am

In my opinion ST 11 should have been a directors cut to the Voyager finale 'Endgame' as the TV version was too short, especially at the end when she gets home. We didnt get to see what happens with the crew, the new technology, etc.
TACTICAL ALERT

HELP SAVE STAR TREK ENTERPRISE!

Visit www.saveenterprise.com

Spectre
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Spectre » Mon May 10, 2004 6:05 am

I agree Thompson