Armada style fanfilm... Sound good?

Our General Discussion Forum. This is the main forum of AFC, and is used for talking about just about anything you like ... Please, do not advertise, 'spam' or 'flame' in this forum.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Armada style Fanfilm, What do you think?

Sounds Cool!
87%
If that's what floats you boat, dude.
13%
Sounds terrible!
No votes
I don't care (no opinion).
No votes

Total votes: 15

CaptSyf
Commander
Commander

Armada style fanfilm... Sound good?

Post by CaptSyf » Sun May 23, 2004 5:01 am

Ok, here's the scoop. I've been considering creating a fanfilm based around
Armada. What I mean, is a movie, and possibly a series using Armada/Bridge commander style graphics. And also, it leading to a Mod for Armada2. This is not one of those Intro movies, but closer in scale to an actual series like Ent, Voy, TNG, etc. So, I am looking to find out what kind of interest is there. Would you like to see something like this. Is it a bad idea. I would like to hear your thoughts on it. I guess you could call it a low graphics CG film, because the only real people in it , would be in the form of
voices. The rest would be done on the scope of being able to port the ship meshs directly into A2 for a mod.
The end of one Era is near... Star Trek Armada II - All Good Things...

brobrodeel
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year
Location: In the USS Deel, Ramming Quantum Torpedos up your a$$.

Post by brobrodeel » Sun May 23, 2004 5:31 am

good idea,dont not do ti because this would be interesting

CaptSyf
Commander
Commander

Post by CaptSyf » Sun May 23, 2004 6:26 am

Well, I do intend to do it. I've always had a desire to become part of the trek myth, but people like me don't get the chance. So, I'll just make my chance.

For those that would be interested, I'll be looking for voice actors.
If you'd like to be a part of this, then send me a wav file.
Just record yourself saying, "Captain, permission to come aboard".
mailto: csfunk2004@yahoo.com
And give me an idea of what type of character you'd like to play. This will be a great chance to have a little fun. But only if you'd really like to do something like this. Keep in mind, that there will come a mod out of this, and your voices would become part of that mod also.

Note: This is in no way, an intent to solicit anything from anyone. I am not
interested in this being any form of advertising. I am just a fan and modder
looking to find fans interested in the same thing I am, making a fanfilm.
So I am just offering the opportunity to join the fun.

Atlantis
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Atlantis » Sun May 23, 2004 6:46 am

Yeah go ahead, sounds good.
brobrodeel wrote:good idea,dont not do ti because this would be interesting
Off-topic question: Whats the point in saying "dont not do it"? :P

brobrodeel
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year
Location: In the USS Deel, Ramming Quantum Torpedos up your a$$.

Post by brobrodeel » Sun May 23, 2004 6:56 am

i was half asleep :lol:

Hardyous
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Hardyous » Sun May 23, 2004 9:13 pm

do you want any person, or just americans, im brithish you see and i was wondering if youd like british charm in your mod ;)

CaptSyf
Commander
Commander

Post by CaptSyf » Sun May 23, 2004 11:47 pm

I really don't have a preference, except english langauge. Actually, now that you mention it, Scotty and Picard are 2 of my most favorite characters in trek. Patric Steward is not "american", is he? I like the idea of a little divercity in dialects. My favorite Band of all time is Def Lepard. So to answer your question directly, No, I am not concerned with nationality. And as far as I see, american, British, etc... We are all human, and that's what Star trek is about (in my eyes), the human condition. And to make things more interesting, my voice is something of a "Trip" sound( I'm an Okie).

So are you interested? :)

Hardyous
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Hardyous » Mon May 24, 2004 12:13 am

it sounds intersting, and i have a good microphone, so yes, give me your e mai l and i will send you a soundbite

EDIT: patrick stewart is from yorkshire, in the north of england

CaptSyf
Commander
Commander

Post by CaptSyf » Mon May 24, 2004 1:31 am

CaptSyf wrote: For those that would be interested, I'll be looking for voice actors.
If you'd like to be a part of this, then send me a wav file.
Just record yourself saying, "Captain, permission to come aboard".
mailto: csfunk2004@yahoo.com
This is the email address to send to.
I will use these sound bites as a means of figuring which character I will pick
for you to play. More details will be sent to you about the movie.

Alohaman
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Alohaman » Tue May 25, 2004 6:46 am

I'd love to do this except I don't know how to record my voice and put it onto my computer. I know how to voice act and I could probably give you different accents if I had some more practice. Even though I'm Canadian, I don't have any accent but the way I talk.

Just tell me how to record and I'll see what I can do.
"He who laughs last, thinks slowest."

"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."

Atlantis
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Atlantis » Tue May 25, 2004 6:53 am

Lol, everyoen has an accent. You just dont notice it yourself. IMO i dont have an accent at all, but if you Americans heard me youd say i do. :)

Alohaman
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Alohaman » Tue May 25, 2004 6:57 am

No, seriously I don't :? , I have recorded myself before and my voice doesn't have one. It's probably because I have a deep voice.
"He who laughs last, thinks slowest."

"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."

CaptSyf
Commander
Commander

Post by CaptSyf » Tue May 25, 2004 8:04 am

Well, that's the wonderful thing about voice acting, it's just your voice. If you've ever watched a cartoon, anime, or CGI film, then you see that all
you have to do, is have fun with it. Of coarse, star trek stuff means you don't want to sound like "barney" the purple dinosaur. As a fan of trek,
all that you have to do, is treat this like your pretending to be your favorite character. I find that Picard is my inspiration. And look at Scott Bakula, His voice is one of those that, until he played Archer, you would never have thought of him as a trek person. So, don't think that your voice isn't any good. If you have a mic jacked into your pc, all you need is to have a quiet
room. Also, here's a little tip, before you act your lines, think about it. Say them a few times, and even record it more than once. As long as a person puts heart into it, it'll come out just fine.

I am looking for at least 15 primary actors, and as many secondary as possible. There is a possiblity, that this will be a series (though not as often as a regular star trek series. once every month or two). So, that means let me know if you want to only have a short role, or the full duration.

The Story is about a return to the delt quadrant. Anyone watch voyager's 2nd season premier, the "37's". Well this is a story about a federation plot to secure a foothold in the delta quadrant. And it will focus around that planet. That means, yes, there will be battle with the borg even. That's all I will say about it for now.

xxxxx
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by xxxxx » Tue May 25, 2004 10:12 am

This is a really cool idea. One thing, if your going to battle the borg why no get lots of people to record the same thing " Resistance is futile" for example and put it together. It could be the collective. I'll e-mail you with my voice, i'm scottish so if your looking for any Scottish Starfleet Engineers then i'd be more than happy to help.

Voyager7456
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Voyager7456 » Tue May 25, 2004 10:26 am

Lol, I was just thinking about how cool a movie based on armada would be... :lol: