Enterprise ending What u think

Our General Discussion Forum. This is the main forum of AFC, and is used for talking about just about anything you like ... Please, do not advertise, 'spam' or 'flame' in this forum.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Setiesh
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Enterprise ending What u think

Post by Setiesh » Thu May 27, 2004 11:07 am

i thought it was great and exciting suspense full but the ending was sort of wierd. does any one happen to reconize the species that was with the ss soldiers at the end maybe a new xindi race what do u think :?: :?: :?:

CaptSyf
Commander
Commander

Post by CaptSyf » Thu May 27, 2004 11:13 am

That alien at the end looked a lot like a Benzite.
Over all, It was a good episode.
The end of one Era is near... Star Trek Armada II - All Good Things...

Setiesh
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Setiesh » Thu May 27, 2004 11:18 am

yeah but there where a few issuses about him that wasnt benzite like the blood red eyes

CaptSyf
Commander
Commander

Post by CaptSyf » Thu May 27, 2004 11:25 am

Well, that's as close to the race as there is. As far as the red eyes, there dozens of reasons for it. Mostly, paramount probable did that for a "evil alien" look. Look at humans, sometimes, a person has a blood vessel burst inside thier eye, and it makes the eye as red as that guys' was.
The end of one Era is near... Star Trek Armada II - All Good Things...

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Thu May 27, 2004 1:22 pm

Oh man! I totally forgot to watch Enterprise tonite - when's the repeat, Saturday? I was really looking forward to that one! :( I'm going to set my VCR to tape Enterprise from now on :lol:

odyssey
Ensign
Ensign

Post by odyssey » Thu May 27, 2004 1:28 pm

The first 50 minutes were great, but GAWD, what a cheesy ending... NAZI ALIENS... AGAIN :? ?! Where did this come from? Has earth's timeline been changed? why isn't Ent or the xindi affected? Oh great, another wrench into the timeline which has been as confusing and inconsistent as it already was. ENOUGH of this time traveling bizness. Except for a few instances, they generally don't work.

You've gotta hand to Braga in what may be his final Ent full time producing gig... he finds a ways to kill the momentum of this Xindi arc with a ending right outta of left field. Not surprising since he introduced Nazi aliens on Voyager and we all saw how that series end up. :cry:

Berman certainly took a big risk with this cliffhanger ending since at the time of filming there were in close danger of not being renewed. Can you imagine ending a Trek series in this manner? AGH! :oops:

Besides the first 50 minutes, it was cool to see those CGI Thunderbolt fighters in action. Nice change from the usual CGI starships.

Bruce
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Bruce » Fri May 28, 2004 12:00 am

ive been wondering how did the enterprise got back to that timeline where WW2 might be starting or something. I think that the VORTEX the Xinidi use must of mess up the timeline and that. And the alien look like a Reman so i wounder what the next episode is going to be to.

Spoonman
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Spoonman » Fri May 28, 2004 1:30 am

I believe that since the sphere builders were trans-dimensional creatures & the expanse was being changed to thier space, I don't think that this has anything to do with the timeline. This, I believe, was an extradimensional jump. I am probably wrong, but it is thought provoking.

Bombermangba
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

From What is sounds

Post by Bombermangba » Fri May 28, 2004 2:12 am

I ddin't see the episode except for the last 30 seconds of it, didn't get home in time, but from what is sounds, They did the extradimensional jump. Yes, it's quite a brain teaser.

Epytron_Omega
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Epytron_Omega » Fri May 28, 2004 4:32 am

wel I figure I better add my two cents to the discussion. How about this: The sphere builders were probably really pissed when Enterprise destroyed the control sphere, and when the Aquatic vessel brought them back to their solar system the Sphere builders decided to screw them over aswell. This is only a theory, and it doesnt explain the Alien at the end, but I think that there might be something to it that we cant see just yet. Oh well, if you all think Im nuts then let it be.

EO
Life is what you make it.

Thompson
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Thompson » Fri May 28, 2004 4:53 am

First of all did anyone recognize Yosemite Station???? (MIDAS Array - VGR??????) I thought that was stupid.

As for the rest of the episode i thought it was great! Great SFX, too.

And for the alien at the end, i'm still trying to figure out how they were thrown back into the 1940's...BTW was the Aquatic ship thrown back too???

The weapon was obviously destroyed in 2152 so sometime after Degra's ship got back to Enterprise is when they made the transfer. Maybe some side effect of the weapon being destroyed??? Again, does'nt explain our alien freind at the end tho... :?
TACTICAL ALERT

HELP SAVE STAR TREK ENTERPRISE!

Visit www.saveenterprise.com

tkrausse
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by tkrausse » Fri May 28, 2004 5:33 am

Here's my guess on the end of the Episode.

When Future Guy told Archer about the Xindi, he had his own purposes. After all, he wasn't exactly friendly earlier, was he? My guess is that he needed Earth out of the picture. So, if Enterprise went looking for the Xindi, it gets out of the way for him to mess up the timeline, and if they don't, Earth gets destroyed, also messing up the timeline. Either way, Earth is out of the picture in the long run. Of course, that doesn't explain the alien, but my best guess is that he is a member of Future Guy's species, if not Future Guy himself.

Setiesh
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Setiesh » Fri May 28, 2004 5:57 am

well heres my educated guess because the timeline everywhere else seems fine im thinking some one went back and effected it to change earths future while enterprise was in the expanse i beat it happend to keep them in the thrown off timeline do to all of the anomallies the time line couldnt have been to badly damaged i saw the golden gate bridge

Fireball
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Fireball » Fri May 28, 2004 6:34 am

ok then how was yosemite there when the xindi got there if the timeline changed
and where were all of the Earth vessels?? I would be pretty sure that they would be ready for something like the destruction of the Earth.
Also, i wish instead of a stupid alien it was hitler who came outta the shadow.

Setiesh
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Setiesh » Fri May 28, 2004 8:42 am

true that maybe so old friend i was just speculating as for the hitler thing it would have made sense but it may take the chance of offending some viewers i think it was a so so ending to a great season final