Sphere Builders use the NX-01-A?

Our General Discussion Forum. This is the main forum of AFC, and is used for talking about just about anything you like ... Please, do not advertise, 'spam' or 'flame' in this forum.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Thompson
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Sphere Builders use the NX-01-A?

Post by Thompson » Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:59 am

Recently while i was watching my old Enterprise tapes i found Azati Prime, so i watched it. after watching the part where Daniels takes him onto the Enterprise-J we see the battle going on in the background. during the part where Daniels starts telling Archer about the Federation we see a few ships fly be the window. I played it in slow motion and what do you know... the NX-01-A (Dauntless - 'Hope and Fear' VGR) flys by firing off a blue phaser so im guessing it was in use by the sphere builders.

did anyone else catch this or can post a pic?

I was really hoping with CG models to use now, the age of reusing ships for other races was over as they cost nothing to make. If any one else noticed during the finale Yosemite 3 was a reuse of the MIDAS Array from VGR as well. This just slows laziness among the visual effects staff working on Enterprise. I hope season 4 will not have any of this.
TACTICAL ALERT

HELP SAVE STAR TREK ENTERPRISE!

Visit www.saveenterprise.com

CaptSyf
Commander
Commander

Re: Sphere Builders use the NX-01-A?

Post by CaptSyf » Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:23 am

Thompson wrote:
I was really hoping with CG models to use now, the age of reusing ships for other races was over as they cost nothing to make.
Well, I really wouldn't say cost nothing. It seems that in hollywood, studios have to hire CG outsources. They usually don't have CG people working at the studios. So, a single model may cost several thousand dollars, when all is said and done. As it seems, "Enterprise" in one of those shoestring budget series, they probably ran out of money. It is a sad thing though, personally, I would love to see them turn to the fans for models, as I have seen several outstanding models on various sites on the web. I don't speak for everyone, but I'd let them use a model of mine just to have my name
in the credits.
The end of one Era is near... Star Trek Armada II - All Good Things...

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:58 am

I saw a Nova and a Prometheus Class in the dog fight in the battle with the sphere builders

Ad'

Thompson
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Thompson » Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:41 am

The prometheus i saw too but somebody told me it wasent - a lack of 3rd and 4th nacelles.

Nova - was that the ship that single hadledly destroyed the Sphere ship in the background?

But wouldent those ships be a couple hundred years old at the time of the engagement? That out dates the Miranda and Excelsior fleets.

Starfleet must build those ships to last. 8)
TACTICAL ALERT

HELP SAVE STAR TREK ENTERPRISE!

Visit www.saveenterprise.com

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:45 pm

It is said that the hull life of most Federation ships is 100 years, maybe 150 years on some ships like the Excalbur. I guess it's entirely possible that the ship line could still exist 200 years later.
I personally would have wanted to see a more futuristic design like some of the ship 3d models I've seen. I agree that they need to turn to the fans for some of the ship models. The Pheonix class starship from STR (Star Trek Renaissance website) that features the Enterprise-G would be an awesome ship to see in that same fight with the spheres! In the future, if more timeline situations come up, I'd like to see the Enterprise-F, -G, -H, or -I. I am kind of curious what Star Trek's idea of one of those ships would be!
Also, I have a tape of the same episode and I noticed the same thing - yep, I go slow-mo on the battle scenes to see what ships are in the battle as well! :lol:

Cpt_Geddes
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Cpt_Geddes » Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:32 pm

makes sense to save money really.