Star Trek is going to the 26th Century in it's new series

Our General Discussion Forum. This is the main forum of AFC, and is used for talking about just about anything you like ... Please, do not advertise, 'spam' or 'flame' in this forum.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

brobrodeel
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year
Location: In the USS Deel, Ramming Quantum Torpedos up your a$$.

Post by brobrodeel » Sun Jun 20, 2004 4:40 am

i agree with the captain,they both really dont mean anything bad.Dude lighten up and accept somrthing good for once. :P

Mariner_Class
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Mariner_Class » Sun Jun 20, 2004 12:54 pm

Uhh, excuse me, they moved Enterprise to Friday Nights.

Oh wait, wasn't TOS moved to air on Friday Nights, just before NBC took it off the air... 8O

Besides, Friday Nights are the ABSOLUTE worst nights for television (since many of the audience has left their sets to go clubbin' and drinkin' 8)), except for shows like Stargate, who do well in ANY time slot. And we all know ENT isn't Stargate...

Also, they also cut the episode budget by half. Additionally, it is almost certain that Braga is leaving as a producer (which is the ONLY good thing happening :D.)

Do those words not mean a thing? :?
"Improve a mechanical device and you may double productivity. But improve man, you gain a thousandfold." - Khan Noonien Singh

Captain_H
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Captain_H » Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:11 am

Mariner_Class wrote:Uhh, excuse me, they moved Enterprise to Friday Nights.

Oh wait, wasn't TOS moved to air on Friday Nights, just before NBC took it off the air... 8O

Besides, Friday Nights are the ABSOLUTE worst nights for television (since many of the audience has left their sets to go clubbin' and drinkin' 8)), except for shows like Stargate, who do well in ANY time slot. And we all know ENT isn't Stargate...

Also, they also cut the episode budget by half. Additionally, it is almost certain that Braga is leaving as a producer (which is the ONLY good thing happening :D.)

Do those words not mean a thing? :?
Those words do mean a thing, but not necessarily bad.
Check out my Myspace page (still a work in progress but anyways)
http://www.myspace.com/captainh6440

brobrodeel
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year
Location: In the USS Deel, Ramming Quantum Torpedos up your a$$.

Post by brobrodeel » Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:37 am

i agree with the capitan again,they do mean that ENT is getting cheaper and that they might get a new producer.I think Friday is a good night unless Trek fans are the ones that go and waste away.Think about it Ent would get better rateings cause every one will be out and the Ent fans wll watch Ent.I dont think i explained that well but those r my thoughts. :oops: 8O :twisted: :roll: :lol: :o :D

Warmaster_Rob
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Warmaster_Rob » Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:04 pm

ummm didnt the x files get sent to friday nights? and that did fine it lasted another 3 seasons at that slot. that time is no biggy, people do have VCR you know.

the buget cut is ominous i agree but still many a show has gotten by without a large buget and personally i dont think ent is good enough to suffer much from it anyways.

braga leaving - get out the party hats people its time to celebrate

overall both post just show that even the tv networks are seeing the lack of enthusiasm for ent, that dont mean they're scrapping it or even that they will in the near future, just that it doesnt deserve top priorety any more.

Rob
Come join the strongest vampire clan in the world

Captain_H
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Captain_H » Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:39 pm

Well said.

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Wed Jun 23, 2004 7:21 pm

If this all is true or somewhere between truth and lie, then perhaps there will be a sixth series. I agree - it is interesting to discuss. No big plans here, but I have an imagination that goes out on a limb a lot. I think a Federation civil war or some kind of split in the Federation would add a new level of challenge to the fate of mankind. Eventhough the fate of civilization was almost decided by nuclear weapons in the 2040's on Star Trek, it doesn't mean that when warp drive was created that it would usher in eternal peace (on Earth that is). That peace would end sometime. Maybe this could happen to Star Trek in the 26th or 27th centuries (anybody thinking Enterprise NCC-1701-L) ! Maybe there would be two Enterprises - one for the loyal Federation and one for the Confederation (woohoo, it's 1863 all over again, let's have a ho-down)! Which side would be the good guy, I don't really know - maybe the Federation would be falling into disarray and a dictatorship was arising and those who don't accept form their own military force and their own organization close to the power of the Federation.
Sounds like a good theme for Armada 3 (given the fact that there would be a lot of teams and you could have an internet deathmatch), but could work for a season and a half for a Star Trek series (like the Dominion War was on DS9). Except this time, it's another civil war among humans, but it takes place on Star Trek in the 26th and 27th centuries! There would, as I said, be two Enterprises - maybe the Enterprise-L and the Enterprise-M! The great-great grandson of Captain Riker would command one Enterprise and someone else would command the other. Both captains could be mortal enemies like Kirk and Khan, Picard and Shinzon, the Hatfields and the McCoys!
In non-combat parts of the series, the Enterprise (the good one) would be traveling perhaps to the Andromeda Galaxy to explore (if intergalactic travel is something that could be done by then). At that point, the Kelvans (remember the Original Series) could be re-introduced! They could actually have a fleet of starships and either fight or help out the crew of the Enterprise.
Also, where would the Confederation homeworld be? Maybe Earth could be occupied by both sides or the Confederation could take up residence in the Dyson Sphere (hmmm... I would like to have seen that used more often on TNG). Just like to throw around ideas. The point is, I'm just so excited about the possibility of a new series that will take place in the far distant future! Our technologies and ideologies in this century would obviously seem barbaric compared to the technologies and ideologies of the 27th century!
The budget cut thing on Star Trek doesn't of course help Star Trek stay afloat with that much weight - to handle a new Trek series along with Enterprise would be a heavy burden by current measures.
And Braga leaving - about time! I hear ya there - time to celebrate a new age!
I still hope the best for Enterprise - they are still worthy of carrying the Star Trek flag! I'm personally proud of the series - to keep Trek going is a good thing. Where else would us game modders be able to come up with ideas from!? As I say - an episode with a new ship or race or station is a neat thing to try to mod! Hey, with two series running at the same time, I'd have my hands busy with making ships and mods! I don't think I'd have the time to do it all then! But it sounds like a challenge! I say the more ideas - keep 'em comin'! There are never enough possibilities!

Mariner_Class
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Mariner_Class » Thu Jun 24, 2004 2:13 am

Warmaster_Rob wrote:ummm didnt the x files get sent to friday nights? and that did fine it lasted another 3 seasons at that slot. that time is no biggy, people do have VCR you know.

the buget cut is ominous i agree but still many a show has gotten by without a large buget and personally i dont think ent is good enough to suffer much from it anyways.

braga leaving - get out the party hats people its time to celebrate

overall both post just show that even the tv networks are seeing the lack of enthusiasm for ent, that dont mean they're scrapping it or even that they will in the near future, just that it doesnt deserve top priorety any more.

Rob
The problem is, UPN never gave ENT top priority in the first place...

Secondly, if a TV show is getting lower and lower ratings, don't they usually cancel the show? The only reason they want to give ENT another season is so they can have the 100 episodes they need for syndication.

HERE's the evidence...http://www.ece.ucdavis.edu/~mvrojo/entratings.htm

ENT Season Three viewership averages, quarterly:
Q1) 4.085 million
Q2) 3.978 million : down by 107,000 ( 2.6%) from Q1.
Q3) 3.750 million : down by 228,000 ( 5.7%) from Q2.
Q4) 3.373 million : down by 377,000 (10.1%) from Q3.

In total, Season 3 viewership is down by 600,000+ from Season 2. Half of Season Three's loss occurs in the last 6 episodes. Odd (I liked most of those too...)

But, not matter the quality (or lack there of,) the networks want statistically good shows. Obviously, ENT's track record is going to effectivley cripple Manny Coto's opportunity to turn it around.
"Improve a mechanical device and you may double productivity. But improve man, you gain a thousandfold." - Khan Noonien Singh

Zered003
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Zered003 » Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:31 am

I could see it being a larger federation with the romulans included and who knows maybe even the klingons. There are many members of the federation that used to be enemies and independant. So, is it so had to fathom that the entire Alpha quadrant might be the United federation of planets?

Captain_H
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Captain_H » Fri Jun 25, 2004 2:18 am

The Klingon and Romulan empire's respective worlds would also still have their original identity. That is the same with the other member worlds of the Federation.