Star Trek is going to the 26th Century in it's new series

Our General Discussion Forum. This is the main forum of AFC, and is used for talking about just about anything you like ... Please, do not advertise, 'spam' or 'flame' in this forum.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Mariner_Class
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Mariner_Class » Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:53 am

Sheesh, I don't know how these lies get on the web. Braga is leaving ENT as a co-producer, and he and Berman are said to be working on a new sci-fi series, one which is NOT ST related.

I'm pretty sure this "interview" is a fake, and it's far too good (or bad) to be true.

Besides, people don't even BEGIN to realize how truly BIG the Galaxy is. During TNG, only 12% or the Galaxy was CHARTED, not explored. After VOY returned, it's probably going to be somewhere around 20% now. But for Christ's sake, WTF happened to the REST of the Alpha and Beta Quadrants. Hell, we haven't even SEEN the Beta Quadrant, the Excelsior was only returning from it in TUC.

Some people have to stop blowing things out of proportion like this, it's very frustrating. ;)
"Improve a mechanical device and you may double productivity. But improve man, you gain a thousandfold." - Khan Noonien Singh

CaptSyf
Commander
Commander

Post by CaptSyf » Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:27 am

But it is fun to entertain. :twisted:
The end of one Era is near... Star Trek Armada II - All Good Things...

odyssey
Ensign
Ensign

Post by odyssey » Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:24 am

Phantom, where did you pick up this interview? I've checked Trekwatch and search the net and found nothing so far about this story. Sounds very fishy to me. I suspect this is another one of those unfound rumors about ST that is always popping up from time to time.

Plus, the fact that this story goes against the current reality of the whole ST franchise... the shows and movies are tanking. Why would you saturated the airways with more when the gains are diminishing? 2 series and a new movie within the same time frame? It doesn't make sense.

Unless it's officially posted and confirmed, we shoul :rolld all take this rumor with a grain of salt. :roll:

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:38 am

It was posted on the Taldren Forums

Ad'

Thompson
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Thompson » Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:27 am

Cpt_Geddes wrote:I thought daniels said the Enterprise-J was from the 26th century? I like the sound of this "new series". Does this mean that the Romulan Star Empire will join the federation or will the Vulcans join the Romulan Star Empire or will the romulans and vulcans form a new empire together?

Romulans in the Federation??? Hmm... sounds intersting if you ask me. I never thought the Klingons would join. But sure enough htey are a member. At least thats what i got out of one of Daniels' lines in 'Azati Prime'
TACTICAL ALERT

HELP SAVE STAR TREK ENTERPRISE!

Visit www.saveenterprise.com

Twitch
Commander
Commander

Post by Twitch » Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:05 am

I was hoping for a 27th century ST before Enterprise came along. The retro stuff was fun for a season but they are going to run into too many things they can't do since they were discussed as firsts in later era STs. The whole Xindi thing makes it out of wack to start with yet all the other races seen in it were seen in later STs.

If they do a later than TNG ST they need to get way out there. Forget the hitting the com badge to communicate when my cheezy free cell phone will dial with voice command now. Interlinks with the ship systems could be enabled via implants so thought alone can accomplish a task without the smearing fingers on touch screens which the damned Taco Bell now has to order your burrito.

Some "fururistic" stuff may not translate that well to actors' activities but the stuff we saw allegedly in the 24th century was no more advanced than 2000.

So if there is an 26th century ST incarnation is in the idea stage my advice to the writing staff is to get out there to what may seem a bizarre extent.

Captain_H
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Captain_H » Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:25 am

I do hope you know that Star Trek is not real.

Seriously, Star Trek is just a TV show. If you want to make it feel more futuristic just write a book.
Check out my Myspace page (still a work in progress but anyways)
http://www.myspace.com/captainh6440

Mariner_Class
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Mariner_Class » Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:45 am

Phantom wrote:It was posted on the Taldren Forums

Ad'
Yeah, for a while, I actually belived that too. But, thanks to my good buddies at SCN, we decided that it was a combination of un-related tidbits and just plain out LIES. :P
"Improve a mechanical device and you may double productivity. But improve man, you gain a thousandfold." - Khan Noonien Singh

odyssey
Ensign
Ensign

Post by odyssey » Fri Jun 18, 2004 5:29 am

As I suspected from the begining... it was a hoax! It sounded too good to be true. :cry:

Lennis
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Lennis » Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:18 pm

Sadly, I'm pretty sure this is a hoax, but on the off chance that it is not, I have a few thoughts on this subject:

I'm all for another Trek series, but the timing of this announcement concerns me. Enterprise was just renewed for a fourth season after a brief scare that it wouldn't be coming back. All of this attention on a new series implies that Berman doesn't have confidence in the staying power of the current one. Of course, overlapping series is nothing new for Trek, but proposing one now, just when Enterprise is getting a new lease on life, is, in my opinion, irresponsible. It's good that Berman is thinking ahead, but it's too soon to be making such thoughts public. He should be behind Enterprise 100%.

As for the premise, I think this is about more than just the Romulans joining the Federation. This is about the Federation becoming a true galactic superpower, not just an Alpha Quadrant superpower. Through it's technology, diplomacy, and most importantly, the variety of its member races, the Federation will be looked upon by all peoples of the galaxy with great reverence. The start of this series will likely see the unification of the Alpha Quadrant as the foundation for this new Federation; meaning that Klingons, Cardassians, and Romulans will be Federation members.

So will the ship be the Enterprise-J, since we already got a brief glimpse of it this past season? And if so, who will the captain be?. I think that the new captain would have to be a non-human, to symbolize what the new Federation represents. (I don't envy the guy that'll have to sit through make-up for hours before each shoot.)

Of course, all this speculation is probably moot, but it's fun to think about.

Twitch
Commander
Commander

Post by Twitch » Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:35 am

Sooner or later after Enterprise is over with there will be a new ST and the only thing left is a time in the post TNG era. CaptH what's up with you? Of course it's a TV show. What I'm talking about is some future pilot script that some one is going to approve for airing. My point is that often the technology portrayed in ST's various series is too closely related to current tech so as to not feel like what will probably exist in the future.

Before they work on story lines they need to get that right. An example is communications. It's voice only even on TNG!? Hell right now we have basic helmet cams that transmit real-time imagery. I can go to France and point my danged video cell phone at the freakin Eiffel tower and transmit it to anyone I want in the world after saying "dial aunt Martha," for example.

And I've written 3 books and about 200 articles on WW II combat history so I know accuracy is paramount both in accounts of actions and technology.

Captain_H
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Captain_H » Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:42 am

Sorry, I was having a fairly bad day.

Maybe the reason for the technology being similar to todays is because much of today's technology is partly based on Star Trek: TNG, some of the new technology today did not exist when the series started.

Also, the technology may be similar in the 24th Century to our current tech but it is much more advanced and probally more efficient.

Mariner_Class
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Mariner_Class » Sat Jun 19, 2004 12:42 pm

Sorry to say it guys, but Enterprise definetley WON'T be coming back for Season 5...

http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/n ... /5218.html

And if this wasn't a death sentence enough, take a look here...

http://www.trektoday.com/news/140604_04.shtml

It's as if Paramount WANTS to destroy Star Trek...

Captain_H
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Captain_H » Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:28 am

The first article is not a death knoll.
Second article doesn't seem to be a problem to me.