new b5 series

Our General Discussion Forum. This is the main forum of AFC, and is used for talking about just about anything you like ... Please, do not advertise, 'spam' or 'flame' in this forum.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

fleetadmiralmax
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

new b5 series

Post by fleetadmiralmax » Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:10 am

did you here about the new b5 series that is being made write now.i dont have much info on it at all.does anyone have anymore info on the subject :)

Harey
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Harey » Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:40 am

There is no series in production at the moment. The latest project being worked on is a feature film called The Memory of Shadows. There is also a new book series in the pipeline and another 'possible' project which is as yet unanounced.

Since B5 finished its five year story, JMS has tried twice to give us new series (Crusade, Legend of the Rangers) both failed for whatever reason. As far as that went, B5 was dead.

Its only recently been revived with this new film project due to the exceptional sales of the DVDs which us fans had to plead for to be released. Maybe if the film does well, and the situation and financing is right, JMS may one day have a go at another B5 related series, but thats only if, when and maybe.

For more info check JMS' archived newsgroup posts and its forumhttp://www.jmsnews.com
AVON on A2files

fleetadmiralmax
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by fleetadmiralmax » Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:42 am

yes thats what i meant.im using b5 as a refrence and there is one getting into production ive read it in several mags and found out from people over the internet that there will be either a movie then a new series or the other way round. OK :lol:

Kilbug
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Kilbug » Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:43 am

:twisted:
Either way
Us B5 Fans can wait no longer.
Movie or Series needed yesterday.

fleetadmiralmax
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by fleetadmiralmax » Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:33 am

hehe :lol: i agree :D

battlestar001
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by battlestar001 » Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:45 am

I think ost Fans feel that way. As it os Long overdue. Im just glad hasent ended up this way.........................yet

Logius
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Logius » Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:39 pm

One thing I always gave B5 over ST was that they actually kept to their history timeline. I'm not sure, but it seemed that the beginning to end of the series was planned from the onset. I'm not even gonna get into the whole Star Wars history. :x

jradc
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by jradc » Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:05 pm

JMS has been signed on to some of the creative stuff for Enterprise. He's stated that one of the reasons he's gotten involved in the Trek world was to get fundage for a new B5 series, starring the original cast. Except for Richard Biggs, of course. :cry:

With luck, JMS will be able to save both of them.

This new movie, is Sci-fi channel putting it together? I had'nt heard anything about it.