Fan Fiction

Our General Discussion Forum. This is the main forum of AFC, and is used for talking about just about anything you like ... Please, do not advertise, 'spam' or 'flame' in this forum.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

brobrodeel
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year
Location: In the USS Deel, Ramming Quantum Torpedos up your a$$.

Fan Fiction

Post by brobrodeel » Sun Dec 05, 2004 3:47 am

Does anybody know of a good trek vs wars fanfic? I've been looking around the web and have only found a few.

rodglas
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by rodglas » Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:00 am

One of the best i've ever read is the epic "Conquest" which can be found on http://www.stardestroyer.net or here is the direct link http://www.stardestroyer.net/Empire/ (look under Fanfiction). This story is written by Mike Wong and is very well balanced.

Rod.

brobrodeel
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year
Location: In the USS Deel, Ramming Quantum Torpedos up your a$$.

Post by brobrodeel » Sun Dec 05, 2004 2:59 pm

I read that one and I highly recommend it.

blindeye01
Captain
Captain

Post by blindeye01 » Sun Dec 05, 2004 5:39 pm

I have to agree with their conclusions, and they all make sense. If the actually Empire and Federation existed, it would be like Columbus setting foot in the New World, and they are essentially apples and oranges. They are not parallel in time either. The Empire was "a long time ago." Imagine what they would have done in all that time? They would be like the forerunners in HALO. They could wipe out life on a galactic scale.
Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to

Corbomite_Ray
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Corbomite_Ray » Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:15 pm

That was a really good fanfic. I'm normally not a fan of crossover stuff of the sort and I wish it had been maybe Thrawn-era Empire rather than "Emperor Solo" *cringe*

But it did work, and the ending was very clever. Everything comes full-circle. I thought the Rebels might be a little more humanitarian and I thought that the Borg might be more of a challenge than they were, but I was glad to see how unbiased the fanfic was despite the Empire's huge technological advantage over the Federation. I expected a cut-and-dried ending where the Borg showed up, all the Star Trek races and the Rebel Alliance banded together, and all the Imperials were super-evil and they all died and everyone lived happily ever after. Much more bittersweet than that. Good.
Stalwart guardian of the Star Wars Expanded Universe, because it was so artistically done

"You're in Starfleet. Insanity is not an option; it's a requirement."
- Captain Anthony Felfire

rodglas
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by rodglas » Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:34 am

--Rod places "The Hat of Shameless Self Promotion" upon his large and wobbling brainium.--

If your into crossovers I've written some well recieved Star Wars vs. Anndromeda Fanfic that you may enjoy. I found that these two universes gel together much more naturally then Star Trek would. You could find these stories here
http://www.thecommanddeck.com/authorind ... glas.html/

The stories are called "All that Glitters..." and "Harbingers of Doom" (WIP)

Rod.

--Rod removes "The Hat of Shameless Self Promotion" and places it gently on the mantle next to a picture of himself.

Bromma_Herman
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Bromma_Herman » Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:35 am

Well, There is "The Portal" as well but that one is all Star Trek favored. Darth Vader vs Picard and all that with the Enterprise destroying 15 000 Imperial Vessels.

Corbomite_Ray
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Corbomite_Ray » Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:39 am

LOL, 15,000 Imperial vessels would vaporize the Ent-E before Picard could even say "Make it so..."
Stalwart guardian of the Star Wars Expanded Universe, because it was so artistically done

"You're in Starfleet. Insanity is not an option; it's a requirement."
- Captain Anthony Felfire