What is your favourite class of ship?

Our General Discussion Forum. This is the main forum of AFC, and is used for talking about just about anything you like ... Please, do not advertise, 'spam' or 'flame' in this forum.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

Scimitar
8%
Galaxy
14%
Soverign
30%
Constitution Refit
8%
Warbird
5%
Cube
3%
Intrepid
3%
Bird of Prey
8%
Defiant
14%
Excelsior
8%

Total votes: 37

PortyJnr
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by PortyJnr » Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:44 am

Personally, my favourite's are the Galaxy Class & the Scimitar.

rodglas
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by rodglas » Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:45 am

I've always really liked the Constitution-Class Refit

Rod.

Porty
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Porty » Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:25 am

I'm with you Rod, though I do have a soft spot for the Excelsior!! :wink:

jradc
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by jradc » Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:50 pm

The Galaxy class really grew on me over the years. I like the big saucer. lol I also like the Nebula class alot.

I always felt that, with the introduction of the Sovereign class, the Galaxy was just pushed aside and made an after thought. I mean, the Galaxy was the flagship for several years! :D

Captain_H
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Captain_H » Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:27 pm

1: Soverign
2: Galaxy
3: Constitution-Refit
4: Defiant
Check out my Myspace page (still a work in progress but anyways)
http://www.myspace.com/captainh6440

CaptSyf
Commander
Commander

Post by CaptSyf » Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:17 pm

Personally, I like the Defiant Class best. It was designed as a ship with teeth, unlike the general concept of most Fed ships. It looks sleek, fast, and aggressive.
The end of one Era is near... Star Trek Armada II - All Good Things...

CptBenSisko
Ensign
Ensign

Post by CptBenSisko » Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:42 pm

jradc wrote:The Galaxy class really grew on me over the years. I like the big saucer. lol I also like the Nebula class alot.

I always felt that, with the introduction of the Sovereign class, the Galaxy was just pushed aside and made an after thought. I mean, the Galaxy was the flagship for several years! :D
See..now I felt the exact opposite..I was glad when the new Sovereign Class came around...that meant that the Galaxy Class would get more show time...and it did..except for the Enterprise and the Yamato..we never saw another Galaxy until "The Jem'hadar" on DS9 with the USS Odyssey...and then once FC came around, the Galaxies popped up regularly and even recieved a refit with the USS Venture...But my favorite ship has to be the Sovereign Class..not just because of the the Enterprise..but also because she looks wicked fast even when she's moving at impulse...and especially at warp...those CG warp shots from Nemesis were amazing...she just looks really awesome...But I love the Galaxy Class and of course the Defiant..and the Constitution Refit...hell even the Intrepid Class grew on me...just something about the Excelsior..i dunno just bothers me...it may just be that the original Excelsior tried to stop the Enterprise from escaping in ST:III, i dunno... i was never as fond of that ship as i was of the Galaxy or even the Ambassador class...Hell even the Akira has some nice lines and is basically a torpedo gunboat...I love pretty much all Federation designs..some more than others but there aren't that many fed ships that i don't like... But if I had to come down to my favorites...
1. Sovereign
2. Galaxy
3. Constitution refit
4. Defiant
5. Intrepid
Captain Benjamin Sisko of the U.S.S. Defiant

jnddepew
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by jnddepew » Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:16 pm

Hey Sisko! don'y you like the DEFIANT the best?

blindeye01
Captain
Captain

Post by blindeye01 » Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:24 pm

1. Excelsior Refit
2. Akira
3. Miranda
4. Defiant
5. Bird of Prey
6. Constitution Refit
7. NX Class
8. Valdore
9. Sovereign
10. Intrepid

I never was a big fan of non-circular saucer sections, and the deflector on the Galaxy always miffed me. May not be in order, because the 2-7 ships are tied in my mind.

The Excelsior has the circular saucer, the cool nacelles, and the cool deflector and engineering section.
Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to

Corbomite_Ray
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Corbomite_Ray » Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:30 am

I agree with jradc. My list of canon/semi-canon Starfleet ships:

1. Sovereign Class (duh)
2. New Orleans Class
3. Galaxy Class
4. Intrepid Class
5. Defiant Class
6. Excelsior Class
7. Constitution Class
8. Constitution Class Refit
9. Federation Class
10. Prometheus Class

The Akira, Ambassador, Achilles, and Aegian are really cool too (whoa, unintentional repeating use of words beginning with "A") but this is my top ten. I have never been a big fan of the Miranda Class or the Yeager Class. My top ten non-Starfleet ships:

1. Fek'lhr Class (Klingon)
2. D'deridex Class Warbird (Romulan)
3. Scimitar Class Warbird (Reman)
4. Negh'Var Class (Klingon)
5. B'rel Class (Klingon)
6. Vor'cha Class (Klingon)
7. "Bug" Attack Destroyer (Dominion)
8. Insectoid Fighter (Xindi)
9. Jem'Hadar Dreadnought (Dominion)
10. Cube (Borg)

The Tellarite and Vulcan ships are also really cool. But these are my top ten non-Starfleet vessels. I like Cardassian ships, but none of them are cool enough to beat out any of the more interesting designs (err...Cube? oh well) so they aren't on here either. Yes, I listed D'deridex before Scimitar. No, that was not a mistake. I think Romulan Warbirds look cooler than Reman Warbirds, but it was nice to introduce the Scimitar for a little break of routine. Now I wish someone would see fit to make a Reman full race mod for Armada II, but I guess Future Tense is coming out shortly, and it has Remans as a full race. I'm surprised they haven't been done sooner, actually - same with the Xindi and the Suliban.
Stalwart guardian of the Star Wars Expanded Universe, because it was so artistically done

"You're in Starfleet. Insanity is not an option; it's a requirement."
- Captain Anthony Felfire

Majestic
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Majestic » Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:55 am

My favourites would have to be, in order.

1. Sovereign Class
2. Constitution Refit Class
3. Akira Class
4. Defiant Class
5. Intrepid Class
6. Excelsior Refit Class
7. Galaxy Class
8. NX Class

PortyJnr
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by PortyJnr » Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:12 am

jradc wrote:I always felt that, with the introduction of the Sovereign class, the Galaxy was just pushed aside and made an after thought. I mean, the Galaxy was the flagship for several years! :D
Yeah, I agree with ya. The Galaxy is being excluded from most of the episodes when the Sovy came in. :cry:

Corbomite_Ray
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Corbomite_Ray » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:09 am

It almost feels like the Enterprise-E was introduced too early and that maybe it should have been destroyed in First Contact instead, then had a cameo or two in Deep Space 9 (along with other Sovereign-class vessels). The Sovereign can flog a Galaxy (except in stock A2, with the Galaxy's 100+ damage torpedoes and the Sovereign's 60 or so damage torpedoes, nearly as obscene as the Vor'cha's 70+ damage torpedoes and the SuQ'jagh's 30 or so damage torpedoes...balancing issues? plus they forgot to change the pulse files to include stuff about the new Borg battleship structure and the Cardassians, as well as the Sovereign).

I'd really like to get a look at the Enterprise-F soon, but I don't want them to destroy the E-E! :?
Stalwart guardian of the Star Wars Expanded Universe, because it was so artistically done

"You're in Starfleet. Insanity is not an option; it's a requirement."
- Captain Anthony Felfire

sgtrevill
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by sgtrevill » Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:32 pm

None of them.

Prometheus Class is my fav

Defaiant_Rules
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Defaiant_Rules » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:14 pm