Enterprise has been CANCELLED!

Our General Discussion Forum. This is the main forum of AFC, and is used for talking about just about anything you like ... Please, do not advertise, 'spam' or 'flame' in this forum.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

odyssey
Ensign
Ensign

Enterprise has been CANCELLED!

Post by odyssey » Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:03 pm

:cry: It has finally come to fruitation ... the thing most Trekkers fear most ... the cancellation of another Star Trek series... in this case ENTERPRISE. I was hopping they would at least squeeze at least one more season for this series since it was finally starting to find its own identity, but sadly the ratings kept eroding to a point where the cost was too expensive to justify such low returns. The questions now is... why did this series failed? and does this show and the franchise itself still have future?

hope
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by hope » Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:10 pm

WTF? it was a great series, too bad :? :oops: :cry:

CaptSyf
Commander
Commander

Post by CaptSyf » Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:57 pm

I have decided (in my mind) that Viacom/Paramount/UPN are run by idiots! They think that 3 million viewers in the USA alone is not enough...!? Just imagin if AFC had 3 million followers. We're happy to have 10,000+ members (at least I am). Capitolism/Corporatism is the downfall of "All Good Things". I had hoped that they would make it the normal 7 years, but guess not. At least we have Stargate and Battlestar Galactica (new series) going strong. Well, that's my 2 cents worth.
The end of one Era is near... Star Trek Armada II - All Good Things...

Corbomite_Ray
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Corbomite_Ray » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:06 pm

Well, maybe now we can get some stuff set post-Nemesis. But I have a gut feeling that Star Trek is dying, and we might not see any more of it for some years.

2005 - the year two monumental sci-fi trailblazers and longtime cultural icons began to die away. (Star Wars, the movies concluding with Revenge of the Sith; and Star Trek, likely concluding with Enterprise).

Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Stalwart guardian of the Star Wars Expanded Universe, because it was so artistically done

"You're in Starfleet. Insanity is not an option; it's a requirement."
- Captain Anthony Felfire

icewolf132
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by icewolf132 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:26 pm

what?! ENTERPRISE is canceled?! :cry: frag, and it was a good series to. are they cuting it off now or are they going to finish the rest of the season?

ugh, I know the feeling C_Ray, its like the networks are being eaten by most of the reality shows and sitcoms (mind you, some of them are pretty good) I swear that no other show will ever make me laugh, cry, or feel as star trek has.
Star Trekkin' across the universe, because I STILL can't find reverse!

Usage Permission; All are free to use and edit my work in any way they see fit, so long as credit is given where it is due.

Zered003
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Zered003 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:30 pm

As a response to this outrage. I will never watch another show on UPN! I will watch the final episodes of Enterprise only. After that I am programing my tv to skip UPN!

*makes sign and walks around chanting,"Boycot UPN!"
I enjoy the moments of peace and quite.
You know, when you dont think about anything.
I enjoy all 3 seconds of the day when that happens.

cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:31 pm

bummer i didnt get to see that many episodes oh well wasnt too fond of it *shrugs*

blindeye01
Captain
Captain

Post by blindeye01 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:21 pm

Maybe a better intro or getting Manny Coto sooner could have saved it.
Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to

Zered003
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Zered003 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:01 am

The thing is how can UPN blame itself for not marketing Enterprise correctly and then just cancel it??? Isn't the smarter business decision to try to market it better??? The things I want to say about them I will not b/c I respect the morals this site tries to uphold. This is a truely awesome site and I don't want to make it look bad at all b/c of something I said. So, I will just sit quitely and boycot anything else on UPN other then Star Trek.

Logius
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Logius » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:37 am

Well, considering I don't get UPN down where I live, I guess I'll be happy to join the boycott of it. :D

Only ever saw the first 3 eps of Enterprise, and I have to admit... not really impressed. Couldn't really get into it like the other Trek shows.
Klingon: Your mother mates with toasters!
Data: How did you find out?!

Zered003
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Zered003 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:39 am

At first it wasn't that great but it has improved alot. The longer it goes the better the episodes get.

Majestic
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Majestic » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:46 am

I only have seen season 1 and some of season 2. I agree they should have marketed it better. We rarely get it here in Australia. :cry:

I really like it too.

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:46 am

* Shreeeek! * WHAT???!!! My God, this year is getting worse everyday! And I thought 2004 was bad. This is very very very ill news indeed. This coupled with recent world events is just beginning to confirm what I am starting to believe - the world is ending.

Vicom/Paramount/UPN are run by a bunch of num-skulls. The world has gone to economics when a show that had 3 million viewers + gets cancelled because of mulla (money). Every generation since I've known has said the same thing - money is the root of all evil.

I really thought it would have at least 5 seasons. I hope in the remaining season that they will have the Romulan War - that's what really initiates the Federation and it would be cruelty to have us fans miss that!

CaptSyf
Commander
Commander

Post by CaptSyf » Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:19 am

I think the romulan war was to takes place in 2161... Ten years after the launch of the NX. I think they are at 2154 or there abouts on the series. And I think that the war lasts 2 years. SO, Enterprise would have to stay on air for the full 7yr run to have the Romulan-Earth War, and form the Federation at it's conclusion. But, I think they are going to have the series finale create the Federation, without the Romulan war. It's pretty bad, the people at Paramount are going against the lore of star trek. I think Gene would be swearing up a storm right now.
The end of one Era is near... Star Trek Armada II - All Good Things...

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:53 am

Yeah, I think the same thing - Gene wouldn't be all too much of a happy-camper if he saw and heard what was happening to Star Trek. Paramount took away the Star Trek Armada line and now Enterprise - Paramount's really driving me nuts (along with UPN and Viacom - Viacom more because they had a part to play in that Armada thing too). If they have the series end with the forming of the Federation, hopefully they have on the last at least 10 minutes what happened in the next 20 years (like make it so that it is more historically suitable). Or maybe this is the reasoning for another movie - the movie is supposed to be a prequel movie - it will take place after Enterprise and before TOS - maybe it is the one that will answer some questions if Enterprise doesn't. I would expect that movie to come later this year or early next year, but that is still some time off. Enterprise will be long-dead by then.

I heard months and months ago about the franchise having an idea to do a Star Trek series about the 26th and 27th centuries. While I think that would be awesome, at the same time, if they're going to cancel that after three or four seasons as well, then maybe they shouldn't bother - but for Star Trek to not go on would be even worse news. Since men landed on the moon, Star Trek has existed in some form or another eventhough for 20 or so years it didn't after TOS - but it had a movie in 79 and movies through the 80s even through TNG, then DS9 and VOY and then ENT. So Star Trek has survived up till now. The ending of VOY for instance took place just before Enterprise began filming, so Star Trek wasn't really over then in 2001. Since 1987, Star Trek has been active in some form or another and it would be a crying shame and outrage to see them go out into the darkness. I thought things were depressing since 9/11, but this outrage is clearly one that will make history once again. I wish I could go a month without hearing any bad news, but it seems like it's not in the cards.

Hopefully the next movie (ST11) will break some ground because it may be ST's last fighting chance. The game industry of ST is supposed to pick up as I've heard on GamingForums and armada2files, so who knows - if an Armada-like game comes out in the next few years, it may start another fan following at least for the games. God pray for Star Trek - but I have hope it will survive somehow. In the late 1960s and early 70s, Star Trek was seen as mediocre at first and then over the years, it gained a lot of attention as we started going into space more often. When we send the shuttle up this May, it may breed some inspiration for science and sci-fi, meaning a better chance for Trek. 2003 was definitely the worst year for Trek that I can remember - Paramount began doing stupid things and the Space Shuttle Columbia was destroyed - along with the Mars probes a few years back having fatal problems that caused two missions to fail - along with the solar collector that didn't fully accomplish ITS mission. Things have got to turn around in this world in just about every aspect or I'm afraid it's not just Star Trek's fate that will hang in the balance, for many people depend on entertainment such as Star Trek for inspiration to become great scientists and getting the desire to accomplish great things. I hope our civilization didn't see its greatest at the moon missions - I hope there is a lot more to come! Wow, what a depressing day indeed. Now I'm going to take some Zoloft :-/