Enterprise has been CANCELLED!

Our General Discussion Forum. This is the main forum of AFC, and is used for talking about just about anything you like ... Please, do not advertise, 'spam' or 'flame' in this forum.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

odyssey
Ensign
Ensign

Post by odyssey »

I doubt there will be any after life for ENT. I've read because of the expensive cost of it each episode - even after last season's budget cuts - makes it prohibitative for other outlets like cable or syndication to produce unless they cut even deeper and move the show to a less expensive locale like Canada. It's possible to produce a quality show in Canada like Stargate and Battlestar Galactica on a lower budget because they don't have economic demands of a Star Trek. Unless ENT takes a big cut in quality and the fans are willing to accept it, this is the only viable way to save ENT.
Zered003
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Zered003 »

Yes Star Trek has a larger budget. But its graphics are better then anyone else. Why? B/c us fans demand it. They can talk about the cost all they want but they will make more then enough money of anything with the name Star Trek. They could build the worst car in the world and affiliate it with Star Trek and it would rival the sales of other cars just b/c it was something of star trek. I must admit. In some ways it is kinda sad but anything Star Trek is a cash cow for whoever has it. For loyalty and quality like that it would require a higher cost. Unless they did move it to say Canada. Or found the places that can produce equal or greater quality in America that would do it for less money. I know there are places like that b/c just look at this site. We are all willing to Mod a game and get no money for it just because we enjoy it and we want the respect. If they want the quality without the cost. Put it in the hands of Star Trek fans. There are fan made Star Trek shows out there that the quality is pretty good but they run off a very small budget. Give Star Trek to someone who knows what they are doing and it would surpass any other Sci Fi show or atleast be equal to them. But there is no other show or movie with the history and size of Star Trek.

Star Trek has 10 movies and 5 series (6 if you consider the animated series) and how many books?
Star Wars will have 6 movies in a few months and books.
Star Gate has 2 shows and 1 movie
Battlestar Galactica has 1 movie and 2 series but one is a remake.

They are all great Sci fi shows. But to complain about the cost of Star Trek over the others is crazy. Star trek will make money equal to or greater then any other series or movies. Can you image how much you would make if you owned the license to "Star Trek" for just a day and could get all the royalties that come with it.
I enjoy the moments of peace and quite.
You know, when you dont think about anything.
I enjoy all 3 seconds of the day when that happens.
Zered003
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Zered003 »

Hey, I just got a reply from UPN on my e-mail I sent them. Not sure but it looks like one they prepared to send to all fans who complained. Anyone else who got it should say so. That way we know if they accually read our thoughts or just threw them all in a pile and sent a cheap response...Here it is:

Subject: All good things....

Hello,

Thank you for writing to UPN. The STAR TREK legacy has spanned nearly four decades and has spawned five television series. Ten years ago, STAR TREK: VOYAGER was instrumental in helping launch UPN.

The latest incarnation, STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE, has reached the culmination of its journey. This painstaking decision came after it was recognized that despite having many loyal fans like you, the audience for the show was declining steadily. Therefore, ENTERPRISE is set to decommission and will be given a grand send-off on Friday, May 13th at 8 PM ET/PT on UPN.

This does not mean that STAR TREK is gone forever. Paramount, the studio that produced all five television series and ten feature films, is looking forward to the next chapter of the STAR TREK saga.

We know that this information may not make you feel any better but we want you to know how much we appreciate your input and we sincerely hope that you will continue to share your thoughts with us in the future.

Cordially,
UPN
Viewer Services

Any thoughts?
CaptSyf
Commander
Commander

Post by CaptSyf »

Yes, one...

They got a freakin' web mail bot to send out automated replies.

I am still boycotting those ... you know whats (can't say my proper word that descrides them UPN jokers here on AFC).
The end of one Era is near... Star Trek Armada II - All Good Things...
icewolf132
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by icewolf132 »

well, that tore quite afew stars from my UPN's "like" chart :x
Star Trekkin' across the universe, because I STILL can't find reverse!

Usage Permission; All are free to use and edit my work in any way they see fit, so long as credit is given where it is due.
CaptSyf
Commander
Commander

Post by CaptSyf »

Zered, I got that EXACT same message, word for word. It's a freakin' bot... not even a REAL person sending out the replies.
Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond »

Yeah, same thing here! :evil:
Zered003
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Zered003 »

I can't believe it....no wait...I can. Why do they think they can insult us like that? hmmmm....wonder if they got a voice number to call for complaints... but that would probably be an computer as well.
Corbomite_Ray
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Corbomite_Ray »

Uh huh.

"Hello? Hello! Someone pick up!"
"Hello. You have reached the Customer Opinions desk at UPN."
"Yes, I'd like to complain about the cancellation of Star Trek: ENTERPRISE. You see -"
"Thank you. We are very sorry about the show's cancellation. Our hearts are breaking for you and all your loyal group of fans. Unfortunately, the show's small audience made conditions such that -"
"NO! You can't kill Star Trek, you -"
"-and we were forced to cancel the show. We are deeply regretful that this decision had to be made. We care so much about you fans. We hope you'll enjoy our replacement show, 'The Triumphant Return of Buck Rodders'"
"But's that's not even his name!"
"-contracted famous actors such as Jake Lloyd to -"
"NO! This is about ENTERPRISE, not Jake Lloyd and his 'Buck Rodgers'!"
"Please hold."
*taunting Star Trek theme song, interrupted partway through by the theme song of "Smallville"*
"Er hello!"
"Hi, I'm calling to complain -"
"Yeah, we're really sorry. But we're on a schedule so -"
"Wait a minute here -"
"G'bye. Catch 'The Triumphant Return of -'"
"NO NO NO NO NO -"
*phone line goes dead*

---

Mmmph. I wrote a script. Just try and tell me it wouldn't happen if someone called them. Go on.

:lol: :P :wink:

Stupid UPN...
Stalwart guardian of the Star Wars Expanded Universe, because it was so artistically done

"You're in Starfleet. Insanity is not an option; it's a requirement."
- Captain Anthony Felfire
odyssey
Ensign
Ensign

Post by odyssey »

I've been checking around the net and man , it looks very bleak for any afterlife for ENT. Unless a miracle happens (not likely) , these last few remaining episodes will be the last time we will ever see of this crew, this ship and this century. No movies, no reunions, basically... nada.

Though, this series will be going out with a bang with episodes involving the creation of Section 13, the return of the Consitution class Defiant and we will finally get to see her in battle using state of art special effects(YES! :D ). The return of Riker and Troi in the series finale sounds very intriguing. Will we finally see the USS TITAN? Will it be a 2 hour finale like the other Trek series? How will they incorporate them into the story? They say time travel will not be involved. My guess would for them as the last scene and shot of the finale showing them reading and closing Archer's final Captain's log in the 24th century aboard the Titan.
Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond »

The Constitution class? I didn't think it was in service that early - after the NX came the Daedalus and they died out before the NX ships did, in early 2200s. Then came ships like the Oberth and some other ships (perhaps the Federation class - a ship that looks sort of like a Constitution, but different), and then came the Constitution in the 2230's or 2240's.

It is too bad that Enterprise is gonna be done with, as it seems to have been more accurate in the Star Trek timeline than even the original series was (in the original series, of course they didn't have the special effects and computers they have today, so that is sort of the problem with making a prequel series - the prequel series has what seems to be better technology than the original series). At any rate, the only thing we can do now is grieve over the inevitable doom of Enterprise but at the same time hope that in the future there is a new Star Trek series (hopefully a 25th- or 26th-century series perhaps). And we also must hope that it will be shown on SCI FI CHANNEL, NOT UPN!!! If UPN carries another Star Trek series, it will go down in two or three seasons, maybe less!

Da**ed Jake Lloyd Buck Rodgers!!! I'm sure that phone conversation is what one would get if they mentioned Enterprise! I should find their number and give them a call and see what happens! Then I can post here with the transcript of the conversation and we can compare it so that we may at least make fun of UPN for being so stupid!

My last words today on this subject would be, "grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggrrgrg!"
Josh
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Josh »

Been away for a while. when I heard of this, it was devastating. It sure sucks that's for sure. :cry: *puke* I got the same stupid message from UPN (Uncool Propaganda Network - or something like that). :lol:
cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 »

Corbomite_Ray wrote:Uh huh.

"Hello? Hello! Someone pick up!"
"Hello. You have reached the Customer Opinions desk at UPN."
"Yes, I'd like to complain about the cancellation of Star Trek: ENTERPRISE. You see -"
"Thank you. We are very sorry about the show's cancellation. Our hearts are breaking for you and all your loyal group of fans. Unfortunately, the show's small audience made conditions such that -"
"NO! You can't kill Star Trek, you -"
"-and we were forced to cancel the show. We are deeply regretful that this decision had to be made. We care so much about you fans. We hope you'll enjoy our replacement show, 'The Triumphant Return of Buck Rodders'"
"But's that's not even his name!"
"-contracted famous actors such as Jake Lloyd to -"
"NO! This is about ENTERPRISE, not Jake Lloyd and his 'Buck Rodgers'!"
"Please hold."
*taunting Star Trek theme song, interrupted partway through by the theme song of "Smallville"*
"Er hello!"
"Hi, I'm calling to complain -"
"Yeah, we're really sorry. But we're on a schedule so -"
"Wait a minute here -"
"G'bye. Catch 'The Triumphant Return of -'"
"NO NO NO NO NO -"
*phone line goes dead*

---

Mmmph. I wrote a script. Just try and tell me it wouldn't happen if someone called them. Go on.

:lol: :P :wink:

Stupid UPN...
u really must like going off topic *sighs* no more off topic threads or find ur post gone :wink:

no more warnings
odyssey
Ensign
Ensign

Post by odyssey »

The Constitution class Defiant - according to Trek net sources - is the same Defiant from the original series episode in which the crew saves Kirk from disappearing with the Defiant into oblivion. The name of the episode escapes me at the moment. That oblivion turns out to be in the past and the parallel universe of "Mirror Mirror". It looks cool with the recreation of the sets from TOS - especially the complete bridge set :)
CaptSyf
Commander
Commander

Post by CaptSyf »

Personally, I don't see what the TOS fans have against Enterprise. Sure it looks more up to date than TOS, but look at the days in which TOS was made. Back in 1966, they didn't have real computers (not like todays'). SO, when TOS was made, they made it with what they hade, raw materials. Now if TOS was made today (Remake anyone?), it would look a lot like Enterprise does. These fans of the TOS, which have refused to like Enterprise, are part of the reason of the downfall of Enterprise. But, I guess they would rather have nothing trek on the screen, than having something that pre-dates TOS, and looks a lot better. Well, they are gonna get their wish now! Nothing Trek on T.V., but reruns of their favorite episodes starting May 14, 2005. Personally, I except that Enterprise looks better, for the fact it is the year 2005, and not the year 1966. It should look a whole lot better. Don't get me wrong, I love TOS, and without it there would never have been a TNG, DS9, VOY, 10 movies, or ENT. Well, from this day forward, I personally am going to push for a remake of the original STAR TREK! I will hold Enterprise dear to me, for it has givin' Star Trek the look it should have had in the first place. Enterprise is going off the air, But please people, let's not let it go quietly into the night! Let's give those "ratings" people heck! I think we should demand a new rating system, that has a chance of becoming more accurate. I never have been included in the rating system, and I am sure that none of the people Here on AFC or any other Star Trek related site, have accually been included in this "Rating System". Should we allow this?