HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE NEW AFC!!!

Our General Discussion Forum. This is the main forum of AFC, and is used for talking about just about anything you like ... Please, do not advertise, 'spam' or 'flame' in this forum.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE NEW AFC!!!

Post by Elrond »

Happy Birthday, Armada Fleet Command!!!

The site in its new form is now entering its second year! So this thread is dedicated to this site, its Moderators and Administrators, and all of its Members!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

EDIT: I know the birthday is a few days from now, but I figured I'd be early! :P
Last edited by Elrond on Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flew in here 17 years ago, flew out 13. Back then early 20s, dreamin'. Now, late 30s, reminiscin'. Too bad there wasn't an Armada 3, except the Sins of a Solar Empire mod. But hell, at least there's that. *Shrugs*
cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 »

has it been that long 8O lol thxs mate
Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond »

Yep - been that long - amazing as it is! I give my wishes for many many many more years!!! :)
icewolf132
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by icewolf132 »

happy early birthday AFC!
Star Trekkin' across the universe, because I STILL can't find reverse!

Usage Permission; All are free to use and edit my work in any way they see fit, so long as credit is given where it is due.
AFC
Site Founder
Site Founder

Post by AFC »

https://www.armadafleetcommand.com/afc/ ... file=about

AFC is just a little older then you know.
Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond »

That's why I said "New" AFC, since it's change in April 2003. Beyond that I didn't know anything about how old it really was - but thanks for the link. Never saw that before! :lol: On July 11, 2005, AFC will be celebrating its true 4th Birthday and so something even bigger may be dedicated. When it's 5 years old, then perhaps there can be a big birthday party for AFC! Of course there are a couple other important dates - December 2001 and March 27, 2002. So they will all be important days! :lol:

Wow, sounds like you went through a lot to get to this point and I must say great job! Happy 2nd, 4th, or 3rd Birthday! :lol:
Harrie
Commander
Commander

Post by Harrie »

I've been coming here since before it got this all new look. its scary that I still remember the old site.
The Roman Empire did not create prosperity and come to be feared by having meetings and doing paperwork; they did this by killing all who opposed them.
Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond »

I remember it myself - back when I was just a regular visitor (when I still had a 56k connection and didn't do much online). I think I remember seeing the old old site that was on Tripod and even the one called Mod Central. Amazing that I didn't remember visiting those sites until looking at the site history and seeing that in fact those were what led up to armadafleetcommand! Very nostalgic experience. Wow - hard to believe that way back when, Armada 2 wasn't even out yet. And now we're waiting for Armada 3. And five years from now, we'll all be talking about the time when Armada 3 came out and how long it's been out! How such the future becomes the past. Time doesn't slow down - if anything it moves faster as it goes by, just like the expansion of the universe! 8O
Harrie
Commander
Commander

Post by Harrie »

Iknow what you mean. I'm only 16 but days have started to blur together so much i cant tell the last one from the next
The Roman Empire did not create prosperity and come to be feared by having meetings and doing paperwork; they did this by killing all who opposed them.
AFC
Site Founder
Site Founder

Post by AFC »

cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 »

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond »

Holy Wow! That really does bring back memories! That's so cool that they have a "Way Back" machine. Almost felt to me as if I had actually travelled 3 years into the past. 8O

EDIT: That's the way I remember the site before its April 23, 2003 total update - where the ships were placed in categories from A to L then M to Z -then when there were many more ships and stations, the list would go A to E, then F to H, then I to M, then N to T, then U to Z! :lol:
Captain_H
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Captain_H »

Happy soon to be birthday Armada Fleet Command. :D

Before the archival links, I completely forgot how the site used to look. Boy that sure makes the idea that 'change is good' a great one.
Check out my Myspace page (still a work in progress but anyways)
http://www.myspace.com/captainh6440
Josh
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Josh »

Yeah, I was here back just before the switch to the new layout in April 2003 (I was here I'd say around December 2002)

Haven't been here that much, but promise I will be after the long vacation from Armada. But anyway, Happy B-Day, AFC!!!!! 8)