"These are the Voyages" Possible Spoiler Alert!!

Our General Discussion Forum. This is the main forum of AFC, and is used for talking about just about anything you like ... Please, do not advertise, 'spam' or 'flame' in this forum.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

"These are the Voyages" Possible Spoiler Alert!!

Post by Elrond » Fri May 13, 2005 10:10 pm

Well my friends, this is the time. Here at my timezone, the final episode of Star Trek: Enterprise has just finished.

You will no doubt find it quite emotional - though it's not quite what I expected it to be in some ways.

SPOILERS::
The meeting of the delegates for the United Federation of Planets (the alliance that preceded it actually) paved the road for the future. And you can probably guess who the main speaker was.

But the episode will end unlike any other Star Trek series finale. I'd say it's easily the sadest Star Trek series finale - both episodes that completed the series.

Yep - as you know, it's two hours. The Terra Prime thing was finished up in the first hour and the second hour finished the series.

"Space...the final frontier. These are the Voyages of the Starship Enterprise. It's continuing mission...to explore strange new worlds...to seek out new life and new civilizations...to boldly go where no one has gone before."

Goodbye Star Trek Enterprise.

"She was a good ship - she went before her time."

* Retard alert - I suck again! *
Last edited by Elrond on Sat May 14, 2005 2:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Majestic
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Majestic » Fri May 13, 2005 10:15 pm

I wish they would hurry up here and put season 3 on here, so I can get around to seeing the finale of Season 4.

I may just have to wait till they release it on DVD over here.

Microsoft
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Re: "These are the Voyages"

Post by Microsoft » Fri May 13, 2005 10:26 pm

Elrond wrote:But the episode will end unlike any other Star Trek series finale. I'd say it's easily the sadest Star Trek series finale - both episodes that completed the series.
"
It was the sadest finale, especially when tripp died. Overall though I don't think it was that bad and It's hard to believe it's over. I must say I liked the parts where Riker was the cook and how the crew explained how they felt to him. It was a good idea for the viewers to help portray how the crew felt. :cry:

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Fri May 13, 2005 10:30 pm

Majestic wrote:I wish they would hurry up here and put season 3 on here, so I can get around to seeing the finale of Season 4.

I may just have to wait till they release it on DVD over here.
Wow that really sucks. That's too bad you haven't even gotten past season 3 over there.

Josh
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Re: "These are the Voyages"

Post by Josh » Fri May 13, 2005 10:34 pm

Microsoft wrote:
Elrond wrote:But the episode will end unlike any other Star Trek series finale. I'd say it's easily the sadest Star Trek series finale - both episodes that completed the series.
"
It was the sadest finale, :cry:
I agree.

That was really sad. When Deanna Troi mentioned that "tripp wasn't coming home" I was thinking - ah, so that's how they're gonna end it all. Pretty sad and bitter-sweet now that Tripp is dead but the Federation will come about. I liked the very last minute a lot too.
Last edited by Josh on Sat May 14, 2005 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne » Sat May 14, 2005 1:41 am

*Jc mode

So who's butt am I going to kick the hell out of!!??!! Remember that some of us havent' seen the last episode and it would be appreciated that if your likely to give anything away then PUT A SPOILER ALERT IN THE THREAD TITLE!!

*Jc mode off

Oh a more personal note I'm going to get the four series on DVD anyway, so I'll wait.

fetalmonkey
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by fetalmonkey » Sat May 14, 2005 2:49 am

that was a great ending though i love the way all three captains repeated the same phrase.

thats messed up map ive been doing really good lately but u still consider my name bad wats up wit that
he will be missed

Majestic
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Majestic » Sat May 14, 2005 3:41 am

fetalmonkey wrote:
thats messed up map ive been doing really good lately but u still consider my name bad wats up wit that
I didn't see MAP saying any names. You havent even posted in this thread before MAP. I think you are reading between the lines fetalmonkey.

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Sat May 14, 2005 4:25 am

Hmmm. OK Yeah I didn't see this causing any trouble at first. I was enthusiastic about that episode and didn't attempt to give anything away. Spoilers - yeah I probably should have put the 'warning: spoilers' in it at first but well, you know me. Huh! Guess I better learn my lesson this time - of course, I'll remember that till next time I screw up. :lol:

Anyway, that's enough of this. Let's get back on topic since the matter is closed pretty much.

I think that these last episodes closed out the series fine. You could tell that they weren't ready to end Enterprise at the end of the Fourth season though. There was so much more that could have been done. Though these episodes were great in my honest opinion (just like the Mirror ones were awesome), I'm pretty sad now that Enterprise is all over and it just seems like yesterday it came out on the air for the first time!

I think September 27, 2001 is when it was aired for the first time.

RIP, Star Trek Enterprise:
September 27, 2001 to May 13, 2005 :cry:

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne » Sat May 14, 2005 5:48 am

Funny. I dont' remember pointing any fingers at anyone in particular!!??!!

Titan
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Titan » Sat May 14, 2005 11:03 am

Spoiler: Trip dies?! 8O

I guess I'll have to wait untill they show it in the UK. The most recent episode they've shown over here is "Daedalus".

Star-Dragon
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

clarification

Post by Star-Dragon » Sat May 14, 2005 12:20 pm

Sorry guys it was my fault. I got a message yesterday saying my account would be deactivated unless I logged on. I logged on and was surprised I had not posted here before (which was not true I as remember I came here specifically for MAP and other armada modders for permission). Not long after that I got a screen saying my account had been deleted banned - with no message or email or warning , though I couldn't imgine why.

I had made a second account a little later under my alias (japanese) of Getter Robo G (seems not many of you are hardcore anime fans as no one made the connection he he :D ). At about 9 posts I had not gotten around to PMing MAP and AFC to let then know I had come back and was curious why I got locked out but the board had gone to snail mode and after numerous attemps to get back on I gave up and never logged on again (see last post date by the Getter ID) that was about 8+ months ago...

Out of habit I logged on with my MAIN ID I use on every board as possible (though sometimes others beat me to it and I have to use my Japanese alt :( ) Surprisingly it logged on no problem and I started posting and was gonna re-introduce myself and why I wanted to hang around (and see what current mods were out there as I stopped playing normal A2 and got sucked into other modding projects). There are quite a few people in this community that are legendary outside the board and I was hoping to see if they would work with me for the love of Trek.

I just logged back on and since my main and only account I truly care about seems to still be working I just deleted the alt as that would be violating the rules of the board and I NEVER have two accounts active on any board I am on. I did get hacked on HLP once and someone screwed my password...

I confused UPN with SCi-fi channel as US gets that last and everyone else saws BSG before us (on sky), so not thinking I started a little rant about the Ent finale. MAP jumped in and corrected me (thankfully) but it's too late for him (my apologies)... I tried to use a spoiler tag once, never did learn how (my bad).
"Don´t think of it as being out numbered. Think of it as having a WIDE target selection!" - Brig Gen Star Dragon...

Numbazix
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Numbazix » Sun May 15, 2005 2:18 am

IMO no big deal. All things end. What I'm waiting for is the next Trek show or movie [and sooner or later there will be one--too many fans for there not to be one].
Zix
Master of all I survey--wheres my glasses?

Epytron_Omega
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Epytron_Omega » Sun May 15, 2005 2:13 pm

I loved this episode aswell, it was great how they tied the finale in with an actual episode of TNG, I thought that was brilliant! Anyway, great show came to an end, but Im sure that there will be another show or movie soon.

EO
Life is what you make it.

fetalmonkey
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by fetalmonkey » Sun May 15, 2005 3:58 pm

map *Jc mode off

if nim wrong and its not me im sorry for the false accusations
he will be missed