What can be done to save Shattered Frontiers?

Our General Discussion Forum. This is the main forum of AFC, and is used for talking about just about anything you like ... Please, do not advertise, 'spam' or 'flame' in this forum.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

JPKTrekker
Captain
Captain

Post by JPKTrekker »

It sounds like Distant knows what he is talking about, guys. It might be a good idea if he became one of the head people for the R.P.G.; the more help we have, the better, in my honest opinion (plus Distant is very qualified and experienced help).

I feel that our inexperience with R.P.G.'s may have led to some of our problems.

Of course, I still think that we should have a clearly defined command structure for the R.P.G.. We should have a President, Vice-President, Joint Chiefs, Chiefs Of Staff, Cabinant, and Advisors. Each postion should have clearly defined jobs to do.
"Until Hell calls my name!"
Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond »

I think I brought it all down then, as all my ideas are all but extinct.

We do need a new breath of air here. I vote to have Distant lead the RPG. He does have the ideas at the time and that's what makes him the perfect asset to bringing the RPG to somewhere normal - or better.
Like the rest of the world, I am a lunatic. Nothing special here.
cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 »

Elrond dont blame urself i take 80% of the blame myself
JPKTrekker
Captain
Captain

Post by JPKTrekker »

I will also take any blame that applies to me. Nobody here is 100% blameless (except for the newbs, Draconia (she pretty much stayed out of the political aspects of the R.P.G.), and the people (like CaptSyf) who weren't around during the time when the R.P.G. started to go down-hill). We all need to share the blame (except for the few exceptions I mentioned).
Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond »

You might have a point there, Trekker, but it is hard for me to stop blaming myself, as I've learned over time to trust my first instincts. But perhaps we all are to blame just a little. The thing is, we are also all to blame for trying to make it better. And in trying, even if we failed at something, we did try, and that's better than not trying at all I suppose. :)
blindeye01
Captain
Captain

Post by blindeye01 »

I believe distant, as he has done this for longer than myself should help out. I will email some of my people on the Endeavour, Intrepid, and Relentless rpgs to get some other views. However I think communication between people on posts with more than one character is essential to good posting and plot development.
Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to
JPKTrekker
Captain
Captain

Post by JPKTrekker »

I recommend that we do a short run of a trial R.P.G. just like Budget Cuts is being done. That way, we can see if we can actually get a temporary R.P.G. off the ground before we move on to Shattered Fronteirs. What we all basically need is practice with online, forum based R.P.G.'s. The more practice we get, the better we will be at dealing with R.P.G.'s. If the trial R.P.G. works, we could either continue it or we could stop the trial R.P.G. and do the Shattered Frontiers R.P.G. in a similar style.
Corbomite_Ray
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Corbomite_Ray »

I vote trial RPG either on TMP-era ship or Enterprise-J.
Stalwart guardian of the Star Wars Expanded Universe, because it was so artistically done

"You're in Starfleet. Insanity is not an option; it's a requirement."
- Captain Anthony Felfire
Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond »

Distant will be one of the chief commanders. Blindeye, you have some experience as well. You can be one of the commanders of the RPG as well, that is if you'd like. JPKTrekker has recruited many and has many great ideas about it.

fetalmonkey, I also noticed, seems to be very knowledgable of the way an RPG goes.

So anyway, good idea, blindeye01. We can very much use distant's experience in this case.
blindeye01
Captain
Captain

Post by blindeye01 »

I accept your offer, only on the condition that everyone has to create the plot, not just me and distant.
Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to
Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond »

Of course. You, distant, and JPKTrekker will be three great choices. CaptSyf and fetalmonkey are a couple of other possibilities. They seem to have much knowledge of how an RPG should work, so I hold them in great esteem for that.

Majestic is creating his own storyline and I personally think he's a great writer.

Between these folks, I can get some training so that I can one day actually be able to write for the RPG again. But probably not for a good while. I don't know, I kinda think I monopolized the first storyboards, and it's not good for especially an inexperienced RPG-er to do that.

You guys are hired. distant will be replacing me as the top commander of the RPG if he accepts. I agree with all of his ideas on the RPG and I think that he will be a great asset to it. Cecil will command over all as he is an administrator. Although I am as well, I chose to be just the moderator and nothing else for the time-being. When I learn a little more, I'll be more confident to start posting.

Cecil: Fleet Admiral.

distant: Admiral of the RPG.

blindeye01 and JPKTrekker: Vice Admirals of the RPG.

CaptSyf and fetalmonkey: Either Vice Admirals or Rear Admirals of the RPG.

Majestic: Admiral or Vice Admiral of the RPG - chief writer if he accepts, as I find that he is a good writer.

Elrond: Retiree of the RPG. Field Commission for the RPG: Trainee, Cadet.
CaptSyf
Commander
Commander

Post by CaptSyf »

I don't know about the shattered Frontier RPG, but the USS Legacy will be returning to the light soon. I intend to set the mood with the first story (plots and all will be set up) and then run an actual rpg style. I am currently attempting to find a virtual D20 system for use with this. If not, I'll use my real D20's. I will be crafting a rule system based on RPGs in use today.
The end of one Era is near... Star Trek Armada II - All Good Things...
JPKTrekker
Captain
Captain

Post by JPKTrekker »

CaptSyf wrote:I don't know about the shattered Frontier RPG, but the USS Legacy will be returning to the light soon. I intend to set the mood with the first story (plots and all will be set up) and then run an actual rpg style. I am currently attempting to find a virtual D20 system for use with this. If not, I'll use my real D20's. I will be crafting a rule system based on RPGs in use today.
Understood.

If Shattered Frontiers falls, we will have Legacy (II?), Budget Cuts, and/or the Trial R.P.G. to fall back on.

I think that some of the problems is that so many people join late in the show, which caused confusion. To solve that, we should have a plan in which to introduce new joinees into the story line as smoothly as possible.
Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond »

I for one know that I am so glad CaptSyf's back. He probably should have been the one chosen to moderate the RPG back two months ago. Definitely a good friend and a smart person and very helpful! :wink:

CaptSyf, I love the idea of the Legacy coming back to life possibly. If possible, I'd like to join the crew. Majestic was also aboard the Legacy. I think we really had a great crew for the USS Legacy.
Corbomite_Ray
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Corbomite_Ray »

The U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-F having been somehow lost during the flux between timelines. I would suggest that we start off with the U.S.S. Legacy first disappearing during the Sernaix War and emerging alone in an unfamiliar timeline.
Stalwart guardian of the Star Wars Expanded Universe, because it was so artistically done

"You're in Starfleet. Insanity is not an option; it's a requirement."
- Captain Anthony Felfire