What's The Meaning Behind Your Username?

Our General Discussion Forum. This is the main forum of AFC, and is used for talking about just about anything you like ... Please, do not advertise, 'spam' or 'flame' in this forum.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

JPKTrekker
Captain
Captain

What's The Meaning Behind Your Username?

Post by JPKTrekker »

I've always wondered where some of you people got your usernames from. Some are easy to guess; just a cool word that you like, but others I have no clue about. Include info about your user title and anything else if it has a meaning behind it. What's your story?
"Until Hell calls my name!"
Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond »

Elrond: simple premise to that - that was once my name. 8)
Flew in here 17 years ago, flew out 13. Back then early 20s, dreamin'. Now, late 30s, reminiscin'. Too bad there wasn't an Armada 3, except the Sins of a Solar Empire mod. But hell, at least there's that. *Shrugs*
Hammer
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Hammer »

Becouse i'm a nice guy people don't think i can fight. Those that know me best know i can come down on you like a hammer if need be. Hence the name hammer.
CptBenSisko
Ensign
Ensign

Post by CptBenSisko »

well...mine should be obvious...Sisko was a badass character once he became captain sisko...shaved his head and grew his mustache and goatee ..ala when he was Hawk on Spencer for Hire...he incorporated certain aspects of that character into Sisko...forget Samuel L. Jackson.....Avery Brooks is the original American Badass
Captain Benjamin Sisko of the U.S.S. Defiant
Zered003
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Zered003 »

Well, my older brother and his friends wanted to have there own little group. They called themselves the Shakaki's. They gave themselves names out of the Bible. I was pulled into the group as ussuall. (there were only 3 of them and almost everything required atleast 4 and they needed someone who could accually remember stuff). Well, I was given the name of Zered Shakaki. Zered is the name of a Valley in the Bible (Zered's valley). Soon after that they decided they needed middle names. So, in the end my full Shakaki name was Zered Jehu Shakaki. I started using the name Zered online 9 or 10 years ago. Since then I have only seen 2 other zereds appear online. I decided I wanted to keep a unique nick like that. So, to separate myself from the other 2 people who have used the nick once (and to my knowledge don't anymore) I added the 003. So, now if there is a Zered003 somewhere. There is a 99% chance it is me.
I enjoy the moments of peace and quite.
You know, when you dont think about anything.
I enjoy all 3 seconds of the day when that happens.
cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 »

if u figure mine out i would have to kill you mad6.gif
Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond »

cecilzero1 wrote:if u figure mine out i would have to kill you mad6.gif
That's the spirit, Cecil. :P
Flew in here 17 years ago, flew out 13. Back then early 20s, dreamin'. Now, late 30s, reminiscin'. Too bad there wasn't an Armada 3, except the Sins of a Solar Empire mod. But hell, at least there's that. *Shrugs*
cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 »

thxs :) and if i tell someone i would have to kill him
Last edited by cecilzero1 on Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond »

cecilzero1 wrote:thxs :) and if i tell someone i would have to kill him
Don't worry, with the number of people pissed off at me lately, I don't likely have long to live to begin with. :lol:
cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 »

well i got more people pissed at me than u do lol
Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond »

cecilzero1 wrote:well i got more people pissed at me than u do lol
Eh...I dunno...maybe here but not everywhere else as well. LoL. But of course, you know that we get pissed off more often at other people than they get pissed off at us, so, yay. :lol:
Logius
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Logius »

Wasn't this topic already done?
Klingon: Your mother mates with toasters!
Data: How did you find out?!
Fireball
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Fireball »

I have no clue where my name came from...
probably something I pulled out of my butt :lol:

but hounestly...I think it was because I didnt want to put my real name or something..
Titan
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Titan »

I used to be part of the Orion clan, which is a clan for Age Of Mythology. I called myself Titan over there because the expansion pack for the game was called "the Titans", plus Titan depicts power, stength and large size. I decided to keep this name when I came here.
Harrie
Commander
Commander

Post by Harrie »

oh, gosh. What does my name mean? well lets see about five years ago i started playing a game called Runescape, and i still do every now and then, but anyways I was at the height of my Harry Potter craze and i wanted to be "Harry" on the game but the name had been taken, no suprise there, so then i changed the spelling to 'Harre', at the time i didn't have the slightest clue as to what i was doing and quit because i couldn't figure it out.

Well about a month later, one of my friends explained how to do everything and i got all excited and went to start playing again. Turns out i forgot my password, go figure. So i started a new character and named him 'Harrie'. Now I'm one of the oldest players in the game, though I'm not the strongest.

The name kinda just stuck with me from there. it's become something of a seperate personality for me. Everywhere i go I'm Harrie, and usually I'm thee Harrie. though on RS my nephew is called 'Harrie1', its funny when we're together and start taking to each other some people seem to stop and look at us for a second.

Well there you go the nearly complete history of my name.

BTW. Cecil, I know where you get your... Laundry done... wait thats not it... I mean where you get your name... Should I tell!?! :twisted:
The Roman Empire did not create prosperity and come to be feared by having meetings and doing paperwork; they did this by killing all who opposed them.