What's The Meaning Behind Your Username?

Our General Discussion Forum. This is the main forum of AFC, and is used for talking about just about anything you like ... Please, do not advertise, 'spam' or 'flame' in this forum.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

blindeye01
Captain
Captain

Post by blindeye01 »

I just picked an odd little phrase. There is no small phrase that can describe me.
Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to
Epytron_Omega
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Epytron_Omega »

my nickname... oh god there is alot of childish reasons for my name. A long time ago, about 6 years, I was really into Gundam, and still long for those days to return at times, and I had all of the models from Gundam Wing. Well, one day I got really bored, and Im pretty good at kitbashing Mechs, so I took parts from certain gundams, Epyon, Shenlong, Death Scythe, and Sandrock, and parts from transformers toys I had left over. Anway I took them all, put them together on the main body, which was Epyon, added an Arm that was from a transformer (I think it was Dinobot T3 from Beast Wars), and added a couple of parts from a transformer called Megatron. Well as you can guess, I merged Epyon and Megatron to get Epytron, as for Omega, he was suppose to be the Ultimate Gundam, that no one could match, so there for a killer of everything, like Omega. yep, I think that was the story.... yep. **goes to his corner to think it over some more**

EO
Life is what you make it.
Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond »

LoL. That's a pretty cool way of getting a username. :lol:
Flew in here 17 years ago, flew out 13. Back then early 20s, dreamin'. Now, late 30s, reminiscin'. Too bad there wasn't an Armada 3, except the Sins of a Solar Empire mod. But hell, at least there's that. *Shrugs*
Twitch
Commander
Commander

Post by Twitch »

Did we do this once long ago? OK anyhow Twitch was the nicknme I was given by guys in my squad cause when we were lying in wait for Charlie my finger would 'twitch' and tap on my trigger guard out of anxious boredom. When you're on a 2-3 man listening post for a couple weeks time goes real slow too.

There was The Viking, Smokey, Bull, The Kid etc.........
The Borg will rock your world!
Straxus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Straxus »

Back in the day when I was a kid collecting the Transformers comic book, there was a transformer named Straxus. The name was so cool it stuck with me for years later and I often named characters that in RPG games.
So that is where I got the name. The other name I used to go by "Yoda of Borg" was just because I borgified a yoda avatar.
Borg_Queen
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Borg_Queen »

Well, think it's obvious why I choosed this name! :twisted: Ok, It's because I love the Borg, and I'm a woman.

But I do use other Borg names on other boards, I like to vary abit. But I do use some names on several boards as well.

The other Borg names I use, is (The names in parantes is there I use them): 3 of 7 (3 of 7s Collective, Trekkers Norway, Scifi-meshes, Spacebattles, Star Trek Voyager, Star Trek Fans.net), Assimilator (The Borg Collective, Assimilation Software), and Borgfemale (ST.com).

The reason behind the name 3 of 7, is then I wanted a Borg designation, that was the first one I thought of. The reason behind the name Assimilator, is because the assimilators is my favorite Borg! The reason behind Borgfemale, is because I first wanted to call myself for Borg, but that was taken, so I added female.

PS.: I think I have mentioned all places I am a member of...

PPS.: The other places I use the Name Borg_Queen, is: Star Trek Full Force, Majestic Downloads, The den, Blindeye's forums, and Birth of the Federation forum.
Resistance is futile.
allyant
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by allyant »

i was signing up for AOL and i put in ally (wich was unavalible) so allyant was the closest one.
Numbazix
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Numbazix »

Number 6. No particular reason :lol: .
Zix
Master of all I survey--wheres my glasses?
Harrie
Commander
Commander

Post by Harrie »

Is that all? Your kidding right?

and here I've always thought it was one word and had some deep meaning.
The Roman Empire did not create prosperity and come to be feared by having meetings and doing paperwork; they did this by killing all who opposed them.
Majestic
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Majestic »

Well here is my story....

Once upon a time about 6 years ago, I was playing this new but largely unknown game known as Star Trek Armada 1.

I was playing the federaton campain where you enter the Delta Quadrant (i think) to take on the borg and I was building as many Sovereign class ships as I could. :wink:

Then I saw it, the USS Majestic.

Somehow it caught my attention and I have pretty much been using Majestic either since.

In the last 6 months I have discovered many other Majestics out there, they must be getting the name off of the Jim Carey move "The Majestic", so I have started using Majest.
kips
Ensign
Ensign

Post by kips »

a couple of you have already heard the meaning behind my nickname but here is the explanaition: -

It's from my pool playing days it's Mr Kippling (you now the cakes brand) well the catchphrase is "Excidingly good cakes".
So my team mates take on it was "Mr kips excidingly good pool player"
It was Mr Kippling but they shortend it to Kippling then kips and it's stayed with me ever since.
life is life and death well thats a pain in the neck.

Fighting member of the Four Star Alliance.
It has begun...
Numbazix
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Numbazix »

Harrie wrote:Is that all? Your kidding right?

and here I've always thought it was one word and had some deep meaning.
Not everything has a deep meaning :lol: . Some other names I've used: Balkazor, Lucyphur, Bonnie_Plague. Now only two of these have deep meanings--guess which two?
Zix
Master of all I survey--wheres my glasses?
Porty
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Porty »

Its funny you know, I have always read your name as Num-baz-ix. Would never have connected it with Number 6!! :oops:
Borg_Queen
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Borg_Queen »

Porty wrote:Its funny you know, I have always read your name as Num-baz-ix. Would never have connected it with Number 6!! :oops:
Same here!
Resistance is futile.
kai121
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by kai121 »

Kai = school nickname
Kai121 = online Alias :D
"It is our destiny to attempt the impossible, to accomplish great deeds regardless of fear".