Survey: Offical Modding Kit Proposal

Our General Discussion Forum. This is the main forum of AFC, and is used for talking about just about anything you like ... Please, do not advertise, 'spam' or 'flame' in this forum.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

USS_Nova
Ensign
Ensign

Post by USS_Nova » Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:27 pm

Yup, its worth a try.
Its been a while.

whohaw15
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by whohaw15 » Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:37 pm

i say go for it. i know that at umr there r alot of ppl that would love to get their hands on it. also whats that FO hacked thing u speak of?

Numbazix
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Numbazix » Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:52 pm

This sounds like a good idea. If you were able to pull it off I know I'd be in line to get one.
Zix
Master of all I survey--wheres my glasses?

CaptSyf
Commander
Commander

Post by CaptSyf » Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:08 pm

With the FO issue, IF anything happens to prove that they broke the EULA, then reporting them to the companies would only hurt the chances of this kit idea. Anyways, we will not go into the details here on this tread.

Overall, the fact is, we need something from the companies so we can keep this game going. The only option we have is to amass our forces outside their gates somehow, convincing them we want more options. Looking at the dates on the files in the games directories, these games shipped in 2000, and 2001. It is almost 2006. That's 5 and 4 years of success for these games. Now, they are outdated and need new life somehow. I think if we can convince A&M that we would buy some new "options" from them, then they may be interested.
The end of one Era is near... Star Trek Armada II - All Good Things...

halo
Ensign
Ensign

Post by halo » Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:10 pm

my friend this is a great idea but only bproblem with the theory is that activision would actualy benfit from making a new game wich is similar to armada 1 and 2 because all of the members i can think of on armada fleet command would want the new game after they relese the new game they should release the kit for a subsequent fee after wards beacuse they pose to make double the amount of money they made form the two games besides all that they will make mony off the new game as well

they must relaes a new version and i would spend money time and blood to get my hands on it!

cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:17 am

halo wrote:my friend this is a great idea but only bproblem with the theory is that activision would actualy benfit from making a new game wich is similar to armada 1 and 2 because all of the members i can think of on armada fleet command would want the new game after they relese the new game they should release the kit for a subsequent fee after wards beacuse they pose to make double the amount of money they made form the two games besides all that they will make mony off the new game as well

they must relaes a new version and i would spend money time and blood to get my hands on it!

they cant release a new version its called a lawsuit between viacom and activision

Majestic
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Majestic » Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:41 am

cecilzero1 wrote:
halo wrote:my friend this is a great idea but only bproblem with the theory is that activision would actualy benfit from making a new game wich is similar to armada 1 and 2 because all of the members i can think of on armada fleet command would want the new game after they relese the new game they should release the kit for a subsequent fee after wards beacuse they pose to make double the amount of money they made form the two games besides all that they will make mony off the new game as well

they cant release a new version its called a lawsuit between viacom and activision
So true, they no longer have the rights to the Star Trek name.

The only way they could release a game is if it was set in a completely new made up universe that is moddable which would allow us to create models of Star Trek ships and stations.

CaptSyf
Commander
Commander

Post by CaptSyf » Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:57 am

Well, we will not talk about that to loudly in here, yet. :wink:
The end of one Era is near... Star Trek Armada II - All Good Things...