Problems With Armada 1

Our General Discussion Forum. This is the main forum of AFC, and is used for talking about just about anything you like ... Please, do not advertise, 'spam' or 'flame' in this forum.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

sgtrevill
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Problems With Armada 1

Post by sgtrevill »

Hey, Sorry if ive posted this into a wrong topic area.

But, ive been trying to play armada 1 with the M-P mod, but there are some graphic proplems and sound proplems as well.

The graphic proplems are that the ships and stations are mixing together, and when i move them apart the graphics stretch, and cover the hole screen.

also when i click on a ship/station, i hear some of the unit sound then it cuts off mid sentice, so when a station is built it suppost to say something like "station complete" but all i hear is "Station"

I hope someone can help me with this.

Just to let you know how i installed the mod.

Installed Armada, put 1.2 patch on, then installed the mod.

Anyway thanks.
Greathor
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Greathor »

Same thing happens with me, weird.
McCoy:
My God!

Kirk:
Yes, I suppose I am.
CaptSyf
Commander
Commander

Post by CaptSyf »

Ok, the Sound issue is with the systems sound card. If you Have an intergrated soundcard on your board, and running XP, you just can't really fix it. But de-accelerating the sound settings will help a little.

The graphic issue is related to the videocard settings. You'll need to de-accelerate it.

Between the 2, slowing down your system will allow the game to run better. However, this will not completely fix the issues.

Armada 1 is old, I think it was originally built around DirectX7. There is also major compatabilty issues with DX9
USS_Nova
Ensign
Ensign

Post by USS_Nova »

And some geforce 6xxx cards dont work with A1.
Its been a while.