May I have your attention: I have a request of all.

Our General Discussion Forum. This is the main forum of AFC, and is used for talking about just about anything you like ... Please, do not advertise, 'spam' or 'flame' in this forum.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond »

Excellent! I'm glad to hear this, Captain. :D
Like the rest of the world, I am a lunatic. Nothing special here.
Porty
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Porty »

Glad to hear everything has turned out OK!! Hope things continue to be good for you in the future!! :D
Twitch
Commander
Commander

Post by Twitch »

You're one of the best CaptSyf. We care about ya and got your back. Good luck and good health.
The Borg will rock your world!
Zered003
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Zered003 »

When will your daughter come home?

Oh yeah, think my sister in law drank some water from your town. Found out from my younger brother that he is going to be a father again. Maybe that means he will find himself a job. 3 weeks of work in a 5 year period? He seems to be the opposite of me when it comes to working.
I enjoy the moments of peace and quite.
You know, when you dont think about anything.
I enjoy all 3 seconds of the day when that happens.
Harrie
Commander
Commander

Post by Harrie »

Sierra, mountains, could there really be any doubt that she wouldn't weather any test well. :D

But seriously, I know how you felt. My Grandma, 79, was in the hospital only last week after she fell while in her basement and hit her head. My mom told them not to preform CPR if she did from some reason stop breathing. one day that week i would swear i nearly had a heartattack when the Assistant Principal of my school came into my class, for half i second i thought he was looking for me.

She came out on top though, only thing is that one of us, me or my parents, has to be with her at all times. Thankfully we were moving in as it was.

Anyways, glad to hear she came through alright. Even in my limited experiance i would say that losing a child is harder than anything else.
The Roman Empire did not create prosperity and come to be feared by having meetings and doing paperwork; they did this by killing all who opposed them.
Numbazix
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Numbazix »

Wonderful news. Please keep us informed.
Zix
Master of all I survey--wheres my glasses?
CaptSyf
Commander
Commander

Post by CaptSyf »

Thank you all.

Harrie, I can say for most parents, it would be harder to lose a new baby (or ANY child) than someone that has lived a long time. I lost my grandpa back some years ago, and later my grandma. It is hard to deal with, but at least when it's a grandparent, you can look back at who they were. With a child, well the question will always haunt, who would they have been. I am happy to hear that you still have your grandmother, and I hope you still have many years with her. Thank you for your kind words.

Update.
She is still in the hospital, but she is improving now with every day. It may be a little early to really say, but I think she is coming home this next week sometime. However, I'd rather her spend time in the hospital until it is all good, than come home only to have to take her back there a short time later.

God Bless you all.
Phoenix
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Phoenix »

Hey, Capt. I may be new, but I know the feeling. Post a reply on how Sierra is now, will you. I know it may be a little late, but I believe that prayers can reach the future as well as the past, so though it's a couple of years later, I send my wishes to you. I may not pray much, but when I do I hope it counts all the more . . .
From the flames of the Ages, The Firebird once more awakens...

Fighting member of the Four Star Alliance.
It has begun...
CaptSyf
Commander
Commander

Post by CaptSyf »

Thank you Phoenix.

She is still in the hospital, however is getting close to coming home. The doctors do not want to take any chances, so they are in no hurry to let her come home. I expect it will be next week still however.

Today marks the 16th day she is in the hospital. :cry: But at least she is being cared well for.
halo
Ensign
Ensign

Post by halo »

Dear captain
Their has to be a good reason for why the docs want to keep her in the hospital,so.. just rember to tell your self every morning that this might be the day she comes home, at night tell your self tommorow holds new news no matter how insignificant.. my prairs are their for you and your family!

godbless,
halo
Phoenix
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Phoenix »

Hey, Capt, you will make sure we know when she does come home, right?
Even in South Africa, there's people what cares . . . . besides, think of it this way: When she's home, you can let her read this thread when she's ready, so she knows how people real can be toward each other.

Thanks for the reply, bye the bye. It's good to know she should be home in a week. I've always thought young ones heal faster than us bigguns because they have more innocence in them that life has not yet jaded . . .

Keep Strong!

Ryan

It has begun...
CaptSyf
Commander
Commander

Post by CaptSyf »

Thank you Phoenix.

I will keep this updated until she comes home.

Speaking of update. It looks like things are well. At the moment, the doctors are waiting until she can feed "on-demand" before she can come home. "On-demand" is like a normal baby, waking up every couple hours, and crying, "demanding" a bottle. The reason for this, is because of her lungs, they are afraid that she tires out if fed more than what she is right now. She's upto 4 feedings a day, but she needs to be up to 8, without getting exhuasted. She was at 3 just a couple days ago, so it appears that she is normalizing more and more each day.
Phoenix
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Phoenix »

This could be good and bad. Good - she's obviously and happily getting well. Bad side - if she grows up like a typical kid, she's gonna eat you out of house, wallet and bank account in a coouple of years time!

Have a good night/day (Timezones mess with my sense of time...)

It has begun...
CaptSyf
Commander
Commander

Great news!

Post by CaptSyf »

Well, the best news since I heard my wife say we're having a baby has come to pass. Sierra will be home later today. There will be in-home nurse visits for a couple weeks, but other than that, everything is going the right way now.

I would like to express my thanks to all of you. It is because of people like you that make life a little easier to live. Your are all so great, that even borders and such can not change you from being great people, and great friends. Thank you all.
The end of one Era is near... Star Trek Armada II - All Good Things...
Hellkite
Captain
Captain
Location: In a Valkrye-starfighter bringing hell to the enemies of the USS Midway because hell just wont wait

Post by Hellkite »

that is truly Great new Syf :D